Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well, according to FilmJerk, the MPAA just gave the movie a nice fat R rating.

For the following reasons:

Quote:
Santa's Slay (M8 Production I): R for violence, language and some sexuality/nudity
Heh, nudity.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

wow an R. I knew this wasn't a feel good Xmas movie but R is extreme.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Absolute Fan

violence, nudity, language...what more could you want from a movie?
Old 11-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think a R rating is right. SS is more or less a horror movie and I bet the deaths are going to be gross.

They could still water it down to PG-13 before whatever "premiere" it has.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i hope emilie's character doesn't die within the first 10 min.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

From http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m.../17/12.00.film

De Ravin Rides Santa's Slay

Emilie de Ravin (ABC's Lost) told SCI FI Wire that her next project is a horror-comedy feature film entitled Santa's Slay. "It's a black-comedy Christmas movie," de Ravin said in an interview. "That was a lot of fun to shoot. I have some comedy to work with, which I hadn't really explored too much before."

Written and directed by first-timer David Steiman, Santa's Slay posits that Santa Claus (professional wrestler Bill Goldberg) is actually a demon who lost a bet with an angel and has spent a near-eternity spreading joy and doling out presents. When the bet ends, however, the demon returns to his wicked ways.

"I play Mac, who's a high school student," de Ravin said. "My friend Nicholas [Douglas Smith] and I pretty much save the day in the movie, or at least we're trying to. It turns out that Nick's grandpa [Robert Culp] was actually the angel, and he gave up his eternal life to marry his wife. And all is being revealed now because Nick has found the Book of Claus, which is pretty much the book of secrets to do with what actually happened. So he's back, and now we're trying to save the day and kill Santa. It was fun playing high school again [as she had on The WB's Roswell] and being the kids on the run." Santa's Slay will be released in 2005.

Because the story isn't over... RoswellMovie.net
Old 11-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Whoa, way to give up the plot details!

Quote:
Santa's Slay will be released in 2005.
Maybe there's hope for it to hit theaters yet.

Now that I think about it, this is the first real comedy type thing she's done. She's always done serious stuff.

I wonder if this article will be part of a bigger magazine article in SciFi Magazine or something. Like that MovieHole blurb.

Thanks for bringing it over, RoswellMouse.

Last edited by Lucy Pearl; 11-17-2004 at 06:30 PM
Old 11-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

2005? Do they mean during Christmas 2005? Cause I would think that it would be hard to market a movie about Santa when it's in July!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 11-18-2004, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the article lucy....i love seeing her name attached to non rowell projects ...well at least we have some kind of time frame now...
Old 11-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by RoswellMouse
"My friend Nicholas [Douglas Smith] and I pretty much save the day in the movie, [/B]
yay, that's going to be fun to see. But Emilie gave away everything.

2005 is going to be the best movie year ever!
Old 12-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Time for a new thread.

So... because it's almost Christmas, I ventured off to Goldberg-land to see if any of his fans know what is up with this movie.

Quote:
Here is what Media 8 Entertainment answered (one of the production companies):

This film is currently in post production and will not be released this year in any territories including Germany. In all likelihood, it will be released at the end of next year.

Here is basically what VIP Medienfonds wrote (one of the production companies, a German one):

It was planned to release "Santa's Slay" in Germany on December 2nd. But there were some difficulties in distribution.
I was expecting this but, ugh, another year!

Part of me is kinda hoping they just put this on the fast-track to DVD. But I'm also happy that we still might get to see this on the big screen next year. lol

Last edited by Lucy Pearl; 12-23-2004 at 05:42 PM
Old 12-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i think i'm patient enough to wait for it to hit the big screen next year.