Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Emilie de Ravin Research #1

So, I've been posting research quite frequently that I've been doing on Emilie de Ravin, so I figured that I'd start a new thread dedicated to that topic. If I should just post this research in the 'News and Events' then I'll do so, but I figure that News is recent, and research is from the past. Of course if anyone else has any research that they have done, please post!

Anyways, if you've read all the magazene articles about EMilie, then you'll be familiar that Emilie went through a "String of bad luck bombs and Failed Pilots." Well I've just found in the archives of Fan forum this post about a movie called ' Roman,' in which EMilie was set to star in. Apparently it had already been shot at the time of the post, so somewhere out there in a vault there is a complete movie staring Emilie de Ravin as 'The Girl!'

Below the link is a copy of the post!
Forums 4 Fans: EdR Country News- Emilie's new movie, Roman (Emilie de Ravin)

Emilie in "Roman". I just did a search on her and this came up. (Heh, this is what the cancellation of Firefly did to me. I couldn't sleep.)
Other then the fact that it's starring some guy named Kevin Ford and that she's co-starring as "The Girl", and being directed by Darren Knapp and Brenda Norris, I have no info on this thing.

Anyway, yeah, whee! Shiny new role for Emilie!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 'Roman' Empire: The 'Roman' shoot, I didn't get a chance to see as much of as I'd like to have because I was working, and then also going into record 'Vagus' stuff. However, I was impressed with what I saw. Darren Knapp and his sister Brenda Norris were extremely professional and I felt proud of them for swooping in with such enthusiasm and drive. They brought a friend named Gail down with them, and she has quickly become someone I am proud to call a new friend as well. One of those folks who works hard, tells it like it is, is sweet as pie and makes a mean meal. This is true of all of them. I'm looking forward to seeing things cut together. My friend Kevin Ford stars as Roman and Emilie DeRavin ('Roswell') co-stars as The Girl.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can see it here. (Scroll down to December 9th)
<I changed the title a bit. Hope you don't mind. lol>

[ 01-07-2003: Message edited Lucy Pearl ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, its nigelvrm again. Does anyone know what other Bombs and failed Pilots that Emilie went through?

Here is a trailer from the film 'Roman.' There is no Emilie mentioned, so I guess they re-made the movie with someone else in her place. It would have been a cross between 'Brick' and 'The Hills have Eyes.' (if you know what I mean)

YouTube - ROMAN Trailer

Kevin Form and Angela Bettis were set to star in the original movie along with MEilie de ravin, but now they are way down near the bottom of the list in the credits.
Roman (2006) - Full cast and crew

This movie came out in 2006.

Last edited by nigelvrm; 03-28-2009 at 11:58 PM
Old 03-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I've found the thread in which Emilie de ravin posted in back in october 2001!

Forums 4 Fans: Emilie de Ravin

Scroll down to the fourth from the bottom and you Will find this thread that Emilie started, under the screen name 'Diva Duck.' (not to be confused with our current member 'divaduck.')

Just A Quick Hello!!!!! Pages: 1 2 3

Diva Duck 64 07-24-2002 01:17 AM
by Lizzieth

I've clicked on the link to access the thread, but the auctual contents of the thread were not archived.

Furthermore, there are preveous versions of fanforum which are in the archives, but in order to access the board you must login. I didn't have an account from back then, but if anyone else here wishes to try to log in, here are the links from which to access the relevant archives.

Emilie started posting in october 2001. Here is the closest archived version after that date, from November 2001. Just click on 'forum list' and then find Emilies board, clicking on 'female celebrities' doesn't work.! Forums 4 Fans: Fan Message Boards
Here then is December 01, the next date after the preveous one: Forums 4 Fans: Fan Message Boards just click on 'female celebrities' and then enter your login information as it was at that time period, and find Emilies board!

After that the board is not archived until July 2002, which is the first link that I posted!

If anyone can access Emilies posts, please copy and paste the text in a new post! THX!
Note that not every thread in the board has been archived, some you will be able to access and others not.

I'm going to go back to searching, maybe I'll find a later archived version which did archive Emilies posts!

Last edited by nigelvrm; 03-29-2009 at 03:08 AM
Old 03-29-2009, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for those informations, but are we sure that 'Diva Duck' is really Emilie?

♥ Charlie/Claire ♥ Clark/Lois ♥ Navid/Adrianna ♥ Landry/Tyra ♥ Chuck/Blair ♥
Old 03-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouTou07 (View Post)
Thanks for those informations, but are we sure that 'Diva Duck' is really Emilie?
100% sure. I'vd heard from other posters here who have been with the forum from the begenning that Emilie attended some sort of Roswell party where she and some other cast members were signed into Fan Forum! Here is a link to a screenshot of two of Emilies posts!

Diva Duck-1

I just turned 20 recently too!

EDIT: Here BTW is the site of Emilies management company, One management. Emilie has probably visited this building a few times!

9000 Sunset Blvd Los Angeles Ca 90069 1550 - Google Maps

Last edited by nigelvrm; 03-29-2009 at 09:14 AM
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouTou07 (View Post)
it was confirmed that it was her.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

mouse correct me if i'm wrong since it's been ages, but edr posted during the fan forum party in los angeles and that was how we knew it was her...
Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meretwins (View Post)
mouse correct me if i'm wrong since it's been ages, but edr posted during the fan forum party in los angeles and that was how we knew it was her...
I think that's how we knew. Wasn't it London2LA who saw her create the name or something and she confirmed it?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:51 AM
Extreme Fan

I was just searching on an Emilie fan site for information from october 2001, about the fan forum party where Emilie signed up and posted on . ic ouldn't find anything new there, but I did find this story from Jim Valenti telling a story abuot Emilie being fired from Roswell. It made Emilie cry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Bella Marie: This is an excerpt from the interview with Emilie's Roswell co-star Bill Sadler in which he speaks about Emilie & her character.]

Xpose - October 2001

...Oddly enough, it was the presence of another alien that added much humanity to the second season. Tess arrived and quickly divided audiences. Many instantly despised the character for breaking up Max and Liz, but as the character evolved, she softened and won many people over. Her moments tweaking Kyle were priceless and really paid off in the scene in which they laughed off a possible romance and decided to be friends. And the character also brought out a softer, paternal facet of Valenti that had gone mostly untapped beforehand.

"Tess was cool," Sadler says. "To have a lady around the house was great. I'm going to miss Emilie. [Her departure] came as a shock to me. It was kept secret for a long time. I didn't know until about a week before we started shooting the episode. She came out of Jason's [Katims] office crying one day and that's when I heard. That's when I heard, you know? And we'd just killed Alex two or three weeks before. I thought, 'Oh my God, I'm next. Godammit!' No, but I liked Emilie very much." ...

Source:EMILIE DE RAVIN?????????????? Ed

Last edited by nigelvrm; 03-31-2009 at 05:11 AM
Old 03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll never believe that Tess being the killer was planned out. It came too qucikly to ever look like it was planned.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I think that's how we knew. Wasn't it London2LA who saw her create the name or something and she confirmed it?
that's right because i think she helped them set up their profiles....man it's been ages since i've seen her name...

yeah the whole 'tess is evil' was so lazy...the writers didn't have a clue and it was so frustrating because they could have had some really cool storylines with all the girls becoming friends or hanging out etc...but that was what roswell became...clueless...
Old 03-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
man it's been ages since i've seen her name...
yea, so many people have disappeared. Makes me wonder where they went.

Quote:
they could have had some really cool storylines with all the girls becoming friends or hanging out etc...but that was what roswell became...clueless...
I disliked how Roswell pitted female against female as if the girls were evil because they liked the same guy. They should've made the girls actually like each other.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Extreme Fan

I just found a Roswell book on Google books, and in it is the original material where soo many Emilie quotes have come from! There is information about the fanforum/roswell crashdown party, and much more! Just find the 'search this book for' bar on the right of the page, and search for 'Emilie de ravin.'

Crash Into Me: The World of Roswell - Google Book Search

(I was looking for danceworld 301 material)
Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

nigelvrm, you are awesome in your edr research! thank you
Old 04-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meretwins (View Post)
but that was what roswell became...clueless...
If only.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Extreme Fan

I've just finished watching Roman, it was a good movie, though not as emotionally prevolking as THHE or Brick. In the credits Emilies name was credited on a 'Special Thanks' page, nothing more. I've noticed at IMDb that Emilie is also thanked in the credits of a movie called "People are dead." Probably thats another project the Emilie worked on, but Emilies version never saw the light of day, and was re-made with other actors? I'll do more checking in that direction now!

People Are Dead (2002)