Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Jazz, the way you described the cat sounds a lot like me. Minus the drinking out of the toilet. I'd prob not end up getting any pet cause I know I wouldn't take care of it. I can deal with other people's pets, but not one of my own. All I'd do is name the dog/cat and then give it to someone else to take care of.

awww that pic is soooo cute.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

So you go all over people's stuff, don't drink out of the toilet and scream at the top of your lungs at all hours of the day Mouse?

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-25-2006, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

hehe mouse you sound fussy...
Old 04-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

My cats are quiet. Cats use to "scream" while searching for a partner for reproduction.

1. My PC "ambient"
2. Our dog with my old sweater

Last edited by Juliena; 04-25-2006 at 08:21 AM
Old 04-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliena
My cats are quiet. Cats use to "scream" while searching for a partner for reproduction.
Actually this cat screams because she wants me to open the bathroom door so she can drink out of the toilet. Never mind that she has lovely fresh water in her own bowl, the toilet water seems so much better.

Very nice pictures! I love the sweater on the dog.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I know some cat owners whose cats dont drink from their bowls too, they like to drink from taps directly (so they scream till somebody let watter flow) or licking water drops from taps, when damaged.
But most of cats drink from their bowls.
And your cat: Either the water in bowl is not fresh (you should change it everyday) or the toilet water tastes better...
Old 04-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Oh believe me, her water bowl is fresh! She doesn't live with me, she lives in the clinic and the vet techs take very good care of her. On the weekends, I take care of her. We didn't ask for a clinic cat, she was abandoned and we didn't want to put her down. She's old and should have a calm retirement with lots of people around. She really doesn't have a mean bone in her body but I have met some cats that are pretty nasty.

I once opened up a cage to take away the cat's food bowl (it was empty) and fill it with kibbles. The cat knows the routine since it's been there for a week but each time, that cat would take a swipe at our faces with its claws (it wasn't declawed) and when we back away, jump out of the cage and run to one corner to which point it would scratch, bite or jump on us if we tried to pick it up to take it back to the cage. It was so funny that we were joking the only time we ever had to wear a guard dog bite suit was for a cat! Vicious dogs, you pretty much know how to handle them. Vicious cats, while you can handle them, I don't trust them the way I trust dogs. So we had this guard dog bite suit and grabbed this cat who you could just *feel* the scratching and the biting through the suit and put it back in it's cage where it ate, licked itself and didn't think anything was wrong. It was so flipping weird. Any other animal would be stressed but it was obvious this cat was used to it.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

The cat was tortured before, wasnt It ? Or lived wild on streets.
U know I cut claws once a month. But the thing is that cats are too squeamish to touch them. I heard that if they are too excited the touch can cause its pain. There is something weird about their nervous system. So it depends on their mood. Sometimes my cats enjoy stroking, scratching (slightly), but sometimes I cant touch them at all and if then they atack my hand. Well, I am cats lover already for 13 years, so I know when they are in mood to canoodle together and not. The faster and more flatly they move their tails the less they want to be touched. Its absolutely opposite compared to dogs, so people are surprised why the purring cat attacks suddenly. Cause they usually dont watch its tail, so they dont notice when its time to stop stroking.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
So you go all over people's stuff, don't drink out of the toilet and scream at the top of your lungs at all hours of the day Mouse?
well...I do not have a lot of patience for certain things. Then I can get huffy.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliena
The cat was tortured before, wasnt It ? Or lived wild on streets.
Actually no, this cat comes from a very loving home! The owner comes along and she's purring like mad and rubbing up against her and gets her in cage nicely to go home. It's so flipping funny!!!!

That's what baffles us. The cat only comes to board but it goes to our other clinic to get shots and whatever. It's just so funny. The owner goes, "Oh she's moody." We just nod our heads...but the cat's a terror. LOL!!!! Like split personality!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

the cats in Lady and the Tramp are scary. they're the only cats I do not like.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

The Siamese cats!!! They are very talkative cats in reality.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

really? I try to stay away from them so I didn't know they were so talkative. Have you ever seen any do the dance like in the movie?
Old 04-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

No, I've never seen them do dances. But I have seen one jump from the couch into the wall. I've seen that cat do it several times. I kept thinking it must have been one of the dumb ones. Cats don't usually do that.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

ouch. maybe the cat gets some kind of high from banging into things.