Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

anyone see 'the lakehouse' yet? i'm going to try to see it tonight....
Old 06-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meretwins
anyone see 'the lakehouse' yet? i'm going to try to see it tonight....
The Korean version is better.

I'm suppose to see it for free over the weekend.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
I agree, I wished Singer did X3, I think he would have done a better job but also, we wouldn't have Storm if Singer did it. Halle Berry and him had a conflict of interest in regards to Storm's storyline.

But I'm glad he did Superman!!! I'm really am looking forward to it!
you like Storm a lot?

My mom saw the lakehouse. she thought it was good
Old 06-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
you like Storm a lot?
Oh god no!!!!!! I didn't like Storm much at all. I just like Wolverine and Rogue.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

i always liked storm, the black girl kicking ass and all ....
Old 06-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Oh god no!!!!!! I didn't like Storm much at all. I just like Wolverine and Rogue.
oh. I read your post as the only good think about the new director was he gave Storm something to do
Old 06-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i always liked storm, the black girl kicking ass and all ....
me too She did kick ass.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Mystique was my fav kicking ass mutant
Old 06-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Mystique was my fav kicking ass mutant
Oh yeah definately mine too. I told my friend if I was a mutnat I would want to have Mystique's powers cause I think it was the best one.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

me too! I'd so be Mystique. I'd change into a diff person every 2 minutes
Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh. I read your post as the only good think about the new director was he gave Storm something to do
Well, that was good for Halle Berry because she kicked a hissy fit about not being the main part of the story (oh please, the stories always surrounded Wolverine in the movies AND the comics!) and said she wasn't returning if Bryan Singer didn't do things her way. The fact is, I'm sure Singer left a) to do Superman and b) to get away from Halle Berry. The script that was used was NOT the original script for X-Men 3.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I always hate when actors think they need to be the center of every single storyline. Just be happy you get work.

what was the original script?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

i actually thought halle had every right to be pissed about storm's lack of story...she's a major character in xmen cannon and for the first two movies all she did was just pop in and have her eyes go white and that's it...i personally could have done without the whole jean/wolverine/scott story...i've never been a fan of their drama *sigh*....it's a shame because the one character i wanted to see never even got a shot...gambit would have been soo worth it!!
Old 06-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i actually thought halle had every right to be pissed about storm's lack of story...she's a major character in xmen cannon and for the first two movies all she did was just pop in and have her eyes go white and that's it...i personally could have done without the whole jean/wolverine/scott story...i've never been a fan of their drama *sigh*....it's a shame because the one character i wanted to see never even got a shot...gambit would have been soo worth it!!
I'm not interested in the Jean/Wolverine/Scott story but I disagree about Storm. While yes, she's part of the X-Men, I never saw her as a strong character in the comics and Singer pulls alot of his stuff from the comics. The third story went off the comic path and into another territory which is why alot of fans were disgruntled with it and it didn't draw the attention and the money like the first two. I think Singer *gets* the characters - all of them - including Storm. But I don't think he thought Storm should have been the center of attention that Berry wanted her to be. But in the past two, there were hints of Jean/Wolverine/Scott storyline, he didn't allow it to take over the entire movie which this director did, he went overboard on alot of things to be honest.

The scene in X2 with Storm and Kurt - them bonding. One of the best scenes of the movie. Singer really GOT both the characters and went deeper. I'm sorry if Berry wasn't satisfied with the character development but throwing her into action in the third movie just like that was a stupid call on the director and actor's part.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
me too! I'd so be Mystique. I'd change into a diff person every 2 minutes
yeah that would have been fun. I would cause so many problems for my friends and family

Anyone know who I can contact on emilieonline? I have forgotten my password for the gallery and when I click the forgot password link, it sends me and email saying I should click the link to set a new password but it isn't highlighted and when I copy and paste it, it brings me back to the same page where it says an email has been sent to my address to change my password.

3000 posts