Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think I kinda liked Pyro's "f-u attitude"
Old 06-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

pyro's meh to me...he was more whiny than useful but maybe it's because i felt his character was always presented as one dimensional....ooh i want to see the movie the lake house w/ keanu and sandra bullock...i'm so excited to see them working together again....loved them in speed....hopefully i'll be able to check nacho libre out too....coming back from vacation really sucks because i am not in a work mindset at all....
Old 06-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meretwins
pyro's meh to me...he was more whiny than useful but maybe it's because i felt his character was always presented as one dimensional....ooh i want to see the movie the lake house w/ keanu and sandra bullock...i'm so excited to see them working together again....loved them in speed....hopefully i'll be able to check nacho libre out too....coming back from vacation really sucks because i am not in a work mindset at all....
That's kind of why I didn't like Pyro. He was very one-dimensional. I like characters that have some kind of dark history or some kind of angst. So Pyro, Iceman and Kitty, I never really got into.

Wolverine, Rogue, Kurt (from X2)...I thought were far more interesting. Even Magneto and Xavier and the history they have between them was more interesting. Rogue and Wolverine have so much angst and dealing with their own mutunt powers - Wolverine also dealing with the fact he was giving metal claws because his body could take it since he had healing powers. Plus you know, he's an animal....love him for that.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

jazz that's pretty much how i feel about pyro. he's just there taking up space and not doing much of anything else....i wish they would have at least given his character some kind of interest other than the weak "fued" between him and iceman...it was weak...

ya'll get your father's day cards ready? jazz this is an asinine question but does canada celebrate fathers day the same time we do in the states?...
Old 06-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I still have to get a father's day present.
My dad wants to see Nacho Libre so my sis and I are going with him - can that count as a father's day present?

I want to see The Devil Wears Prada.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meretwins
jazz that's pretty much how i feel about pyro. he's just there taking up space and not doing much of anything else....i wish they would have at least given his character some kind of interest other than the weak "fued" between him and iceman...it was weak...

ya'll get your father's day cards ready? jazz this is an asinine question but does canada celebrate fathers day the same time we do in the states?...
It was a weak feud and what sort of feud was it? They used to be close friends and then he decided to go to the other side. But they never really had a feud. They were just on opposite sides, you would think there would have been a story there but there was nothing. It's not like Xavier and Magneto, their feud is far more interesting!

Yes, we do celebrate Father's Day at the same time. I have my father's day card already, just need to get the gift!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw Nacho Libre today...it was interesting
Old 06-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why wasn't Nightcrawler in X3? I just liked Pyro cause he looked like a bad guy. Iceman got on my nerves he reminds me of Jack on Lost, a kinda good guy but boring at the same time.

You guys are ahead of me, Fathers Day is tomorrow and I have neither card nor gift It isn't as if I am going to see my dad on fathers day. I will call him though and eventually send a card.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

monique the reason we didn't see nightcrawler in x3 is the same reason we didn't see beast in x2....they didn't want the viewers to be distracted by too many 'blue' characters...i always thought that was just plain stupid but what do i know....i wish we could have at least gotten an update on nightcrawler 'cause x3 just acted like he never existed....
Old 06-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

why is it that the blue characters always rock?

I read Nightcrawler didn't come back cause Alan Cummings didn't like the make-up process so the video game described him leaving as Nightcrawler not wanting to live a life with violence in it
Old 06-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19
Why wasn't Nightcrawler in X3? I just liked Pyro cause he looked like a bad guy. Iceman got on my nerves he reminds me of Jack on Lost, a kinda good guy but boring at the same time.
Iceman is nothing like Jack! I don't see him having any problems or struggling about things. He seems set about how things are and he just goes about his life and it doesn't seem like anything bothers him. The feud with Pyro is really not based on anything. At least with Sawyer/Jack, it's based on Kate.

The problem with Iceman is that he has no dark side. None. No angst. Boring!

I wish Nightcrawler was in X3 but the make-up process was alot of work on both the make-up artists and Alan Cummings.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Iceman is nothing like Jack! I don't see him having any problems or struggling about things. He seems set about how things are and he just goes about his life and it doesn't seem like anything bothers him. The feud with Pyro is really not based on anything. At least with Sawyer/Jack, it's based on Kate.

The problem with Iceman is that he has no dark side. None. No angst. Boring!

I wish Nightcrawler was in X3 but the make-up process was alot of work on both the make-up artists and Alan Cummings.
Yeah Iceman was just bland to me. Boring

Yeah I agree it would be hell with the makeup for Night Crawler. They could have just had him do his scenes as Night Crawler then

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

too bad they didn't make a CGi Nightcrawler
Old 06-19-2006, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
too bad they didn't make a CGi Nightcrawler
As far as CGI has come these days, you can always tell when it's a CGI effect compare to Alan playing him. I rather Alan or no Nightcrawler at all.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the Yoda in ROTS looked good. You can tell what is fake, but I mostly forget that he's not a puppett anymore.