Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Oh okay... I love horses. I now live in the country, but our land isn't enough for horses. Our next door neighbor lets her horses on our feild, but they're not tame, so I can't go riding.

Plus we can't afford a horse right now.

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 02-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

Well, to be honest, I can't afford horses either. I just have enough experienced with them to lower my board rates by basically helping out.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Geez... I'd love to have any experience with horses at all!

Tahra

icon by me
Old 02-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Warper
Geez... I'd love to have any experience with horses at all!

Tahra
Keep in mind, I was very young when I wanted to ride so I basically mucked stalls for lessons. It was the only way that I could afford it. It just went from there. I started quite young.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

True.

The most experience I got was going to my nana's and then heading down onto the farm two doors down from her. They had a paddock filled with horses and I used to go down to it, and just sit there and watch them.

I made friends with one person who owned three of them, and she taught me how to lead the horses and stuff, but then my nana moved, and I didn't get to go anymore. I was so bummed, coz it's always been a lifelong dream to own a horse.

When my mum lived there (at my nana's) she had a horse, she was in her early teens. But unfor it broke it's back and had to be put down. But almost everyone in the area had a horse.

I however grew up in Suberbia that was filled with gang warfare and a lot of **** went down, and there was nowhere to house a horse. And we didn't live close enough to my nana's for me to able to house one there, and go up every day to look after it.

We didn't even have riding stables anywhere near us.. The nearest one was about half an hours car ride away, along a highway, otherwise it would have taken even longer to get to. So I couldn't even have riding lessons.

Now that we're in the country, we don't have time for horses, coz my younger brother is severely disabled and is in and out of hospital. So I guess I just have to wait till I'm completely settled down somewhere before I can realise my dream!

Tahra

icon by me
Old 02-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry to hear of the obstacles that you have to face. I wasn't allowed to ride until abit later in my life. I actually had my grandmother sign the release form because my parents wouldn't. But of course, I was living with her at the time. But I worked really hard to get those lessons and the lady who owned the barn was kind of fond of me because I worked so hard and well, she taught me alot including giving me my own horse when she passed away (left him to me in her will). It was through her I learned about horses. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be anywhere near them.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Ah, crap, when I get out a school it's going to be snowing. Stupid half hour drive will turn it an hour.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

Aw poor Katie!!!

We haven't had snow in a long while...it's been raining for the past three days, I'm surprised we haven't flooded since it's melting the huge stack of snow that we had and overflowing our drains and rivers!!! I have no idea what's up with this weather!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Well it has been decided that our weatherpeople stink because it didn't snow when I got out of school. It was raining so it was kind of the same.

I've been so burnt out lately for some reason.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Hey everyone!

RE: Weather... It's been so weird here! Thunderstorms, rain, hail, boiling hot. All in one day!

Jazz... Your parents wouldn't sign? Whoa! It must have been totally awesome just to be working around horses.

Tahra

icon by me
Old 02-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

We had rain and then snow. It was really weird! I haven't been outside yet but I'm hoping it's not bad! I have to go ride my horse today and I'm hoping it's not too cold.

Yes, my parents did not want me riding. I lived with my grandmother at the time so they really didn't know till after myg randmother died that I had been riding.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

If my mum tried to stop I would have just gone ahead and done. Altho I'm lucky, my mum wouldn't have tried, coz it would have been hypocritical, she had a horse when she was younger.

It's boiling hot today. Stupid weather. *kicks the weather*

Tahra

icon by me
Old 02-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

tahra at least the weather is consistent...here it's gone up and down and i wish it would make up it's mind..i miss the sunshine...stupid blah weather makes me sleepy, kranky, and blah....i'm sleepy **pfffftttt**
Old 02-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

But that's thing, it hasn't been.

Yesturday is freezing cold in the morning, then it started to rain. Then it cleared up.

A couple days ago it was warm all through the morning, then it just bucketed down. I had to pick kids up from school, and I didn't have a jacket or umbrella. By the time I got to the school (ten min walk) it was sunny again, then it rained, became sunny, rained, became sunny, and then rained again. Then it started hailing! We also had thunder and lightening.

We've just finished having snow, and it's the middle of summer! I can't believe it!

Tahra

icon by me
Old 02-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

I didn't see a thread about 'post counts' on Emilie's board, so I'm guessing that she gets more than 100 per week?

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.