Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad your mom is helping out! It has to be heartbreaking. So far, the only help that is being used right now is US and Canadian troops, volunteers (from Red Cross) and medical personnel. Bush is asking for oil everywhere else. Plus, we have to pump more oil as well because of the wipeout of the gulf.

Alot of emotions are running pretty high. I think the people of Mississipi and New Orleans are pretty angry and relieved at the same time. Though I think when they finally get back on their feet and start to feel like they can live normally again without having to fight for their food or wait to be rescue, there is going to be alot of anger towards the Bush government. There is already alot of it going around. Someone was saying to leave the guy alone, he's only one man...it's true, he is but it's his government and it's his responsibility.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 09-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

i'm so glad folks are gettting the help they need, finally, but i'm sad it took so damn long for it to happen....there is no way that can ever be justified...it makes no sense man!!

what's really scary is the full realization that this country really won't be able to handle a large scale terrorist attact if it came to it...but then i knew that for a while....

i do hope this makes folks more sensitive to the plight of others who live in very squalid situations, i.e. iraq, africa, afgahanistan etc....maybe folks will be more inclined to see why folks are reacting the way they are because of how their living situation is...but than again we can't even address the issue of our own poverty with real honesty and willingness to change so i'm not holding my breath...
Old 09-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's scary for any country really. I know we aren't ready for any sort of terrorism attack. The US, I thought, would be more prepared than we are. When this disaster happened, we had Red Cross people with supplies just waiting since Monday...but the Bush government had called to deploy them and they cannot just go charging in there. It was just scary that it took so long.

I can't imagine how scarred the kids are, seeing dead corpses everywhere.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

sometimes the kindest thing you can do when pissy is smile...
Old 10-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

What happened Mere? Something made you pissy?

How is everyone doing? I haven't really done anything new. I saw Jon Stewart, he did a stand up comedian routine here in Toronto. I just have been riding alot.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

jazz i'm pissy over some really trivial crap that i shouldn't even be pissy about...it's not even worth me mentioning it....

how was the john stewart concert? i'm seeing dave chappelle here in san antonio in november...
Old 01-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Ya know.... Jazz and Mere if you are sick of your Modding duties here I'm sure the "Pimp Patrol" could be resurrected.... I'm sure.

Ya mouse I'm sure I'll catch Lost whenever possible. It's a confusing show to jump into in the middle... I'll do some research though I'm sure....
Old 01-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

LOL! I'm sure the Pimp Patrol could be resurrected. We will keep that in mind, that's for sure!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

sweet lord i forgot about that! damn that was so funny too ...if memory serves me right, clone, yoss, grape and carlos were the pimp patrol....right? jazz you remember stampy the elephant?
Old 01-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I miss Carlos. He needs to come here.