Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2018, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
If you like creepy stories, you'll like Shirley's stuff.
I’ve only read “The Lottery”, but that is scary stuff, and not of the haunted house variety; that’s what makes it so creepy....
Old 06-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Lottery + We've Always Lived in the Castle are great. WALinC isn't about ghosts or anything like that, but it's creepy in its isolation.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe Emilie is doing Damon Lindelof new Watchmen Pilot? 'Monday, June 11th - HBO’s Watchmen TV series has been filming in Macon, Georgia for a little while now and the sets haven’t exactly been a secret.'

There are three female characters in the Pilot
Quote:
Angela Abraham: African-American female cop. Independent and intelligent, she’s also a realist. She’s married to Cal, with whom she has a daughter and is fiercely protective of them both.

Pirate Jenny: An androgynous and lustful bisexual cop, Jenny is an anarchist at heart.

Jane Crawford: The wife of the police chief, Judd, Jane is a veterinarian who’s sharper than her guarded persona lets on.
https://www.cbr.com/watchmen-tv-character-breakdowns/

But only two actresses were announced:
Quote:
COMMENTS
Damon Lindelof’s small screen take on Alan Moore’s beloved comic series “Watchmen” has its cast.

The HBO pilot has tapped Regina King (of Lindelof’s “The Leftovers”), ’80s icon Don Johnson (“Miami Vice”), Tim Blake Nelson (“The Incredible Hulk”), Louis Gossett Jr (“Iron Eagle”), Adelaide Clemens (“Silent Hill : Revelation”) and Andrew Howard (“I Spit On Your Grave”), the seasoned TV honcho revealed on Instagram.
Don Johnson & more to don masks in Watchmen! – Moviehole

Regina King the lead Angela Abraham, but they haven't said if Adelaide Clemens is playing Pirate Jenny or Jane. If they are not the same person one of them might be Emilie? Maybe not, Adelaide Clemens is also a blonde Aussie, maybe they are too much the same type to be cast in the same show?
Old 06-17-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She does have an 'in' since she worked with Damon before.
Quote:
Jane Crawford: The wife of the police chief, Judd, Jane is a veterinarian who’s sharper than her guarded persona lets on.
This role sounds like it'd fit her perfectly.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Could be...thanks for the info Ranma
Old 06-18-2018, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I just realized, it's kinda late to be doing a Pilot now, isn't it?
Old 06-18-2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It is for network tv, not sure about cable, could be starting in the NY
Old 06-18-2018, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

I just don’t see Em and family moving to Atlanta ..and it wouldn’t be the pilot, but all ten or so episodes. Also, they’ve announced the main cast - and Em is not among them
Old 06-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She didn't move to Hawaii for Lost and she didn't move to Vancouver for OUAT, but she certainly did rack up those frequent flyer miles. And then she had that other Pilot years back that was filming in NYC, so I imagine she would've been a frequent commuter for that series, too, had it been picked up.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Loyal Fan

In my post you can read they only announced two actresses so far, but the Pilot script has three main female roles. DL also announced the cast on his Instagram and wrote that there will be more, which could explain why Emilie has been filming for so long with no announcement of what she is doing. DL is going to make another big annoument of the rest of the cast himself and she can't say anything until he does.
https://instagram.com/p/BjIi3xjBlDy/...ource=ig_embed

I don't know if that really is Emilie's project, but I don't think it's unlikely.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

If only Emilie would tell us
Old 06-19-2018, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ranma90 - thanks for bringing all this info to us

Anyone ever read the Watchmen comic? I know zilch about it.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:15 AM
New Fan

I'm sooooooooooooooo excited!! Thanks for sharing! Reading all this and being giddy about her possible project is so much fun! 😍
Old 06-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)

Anyone ever read the Watchmen comic? I know zilch about it.
Never read the comic, but watched the film. Must admit didn't think it was good..
Old 06-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

With a series, there's hope they have more time to improve on what the movie couldn't get right.