Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

OK, Ginny landed a pilot........time for Em!
Old 03-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

which pilot did Ginny get?
Old 03-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
which pilot did Ginny get?
Once Upon a Time alum Ginnifer Goodwin to star in ABC pilot Steps | EW.com

Frankly it sounds blah to me....but congrats to her!

I'm crossing every part of me that can be crossed that Em gets a job soon, lol
Old 03-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, Life has been crazy and busy, and so there's only a few places I pop up in.

How about a title that say something like, New Projects, New Adventures? Or Looking forward on what's to come? I'm all stiff on titles
Old 03-08-2018, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Ooo that's a good one

and yeah for Em soon...
Old 03-08-2018, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

re: Ginny's pilot - I'm not a huge fan of modern comedies, so I won't be watching.

Quote:
Life has been crazy and busy, and so there's only a few places I pop up in.
Understandable. It's good to see you here now.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Loyal Fan

They have announced the casting for the rest of the L.A. Confidential main cast except the part we think Emilie auditioned for.
CBS’ ‘L.A. Confidential’ Pilot Adds Three in Lead Roles – Variety
Old 03-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

so there's still a chance for Emilie to be announced
Old 03-09-2018, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Got everything , damn this waiting
Old 03-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

I'll try to be positive, but if Emilie had gotten the job, I think they would have announced her already; I mean, she's a well-known actress who would bring in a solid fan base - why hold off?

I'm really worried that Emilie is not going to land anything - she's just not well thought of in the industry, I think.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I'll try to be positive, but if Emilie had gotten the job, I think they would have announced her already; I mean, she's a well-known actress who would bring in a solid fan base - why hold off?

I'm really worried that Emilie is not going to land anything - she's just not well thought of in the industry, I think.
Stop it.

Honestly Betsy, stop this nonsense. Maybe Emilie landed the role, maybe she didn't and she will do something else. We will see soon enough, I guess, but the idea that she is "not well thought if in the industry" is completely ridiculous, and frankly I'm tired of seeing you discrediting Emilie's work on every possible forum (ff, tumblr etc). It's incredibly condescending and unfair to her.

Yes, Emilie had Roswell. And Lost. (And let's not pretend that was a small thing, just cause you feel like it. No matter how that role started, it was what made her internationally famous.)
And Remember Me. And Hills Have Eyes. Should I go on?

And if you want to bring up industry gossip, a short google search will tell you that for example out of the OUAT cast Emilie's net worth is estimated to be the highest. But yeah, sure she is not a succesful actress, huh?
In Europe (outside of GB) there are basically 2 or 3 people in the OUAT cast who are known by the public: JMo above everyone else (thanks to House and HIMYM) and Emilie. And Ginny to a ceratin level thanks to her movies. (And I'm obviously not speaking of how many fans they have in the European OUAT fandom, because fanbase is a completely different thing, I'm speaking of general people recognizing their name or their face and papers writing about them). (Bobby is obviously well known by those who know about the British film industry, but again. that's not the general public.)
Now these things are obviously irrelevant to casting directors in the US, but SURE AS HELL not signs of an unsuccsessful career.

Emilie has been more or less always working since she was 18. Lana or Colin or Bex would be happy to have the carreer she had (I'm mentioning them specifically cause they are the break out stars of OUAT, and I'm rooting for them to use that well, and I'm sure they will be able to capitalize on that, but that doesn't change the fact that outside of the OUAT fandom they doesn't have a name YET... I'm sure that will change soon enough).
To pretend that "the industry doesn't like" Emilie or that she only got roles because she knew Adam and Eddy... to be blunt: how dare you imply that? Who are you to discredit someone's work like that?

Just cause in the end you say you are spreading these negative thoughts out of "worry" and not hate, that doesn't make it any better. You are making a negative campaing for Emilie. Just like her haters, the ones who are obsessed with digging up the details or her private life and dissecting it so they can find reasons to justify their hate that usually stems from character hate in the first place.

Emilie de Ravin worked hard to be where she is and you don't get to deny her place in the industry just cause you feel like it.
And the OUAT fandom is stupid enough to take this seriously. The way Emilie is talked about in our fandom is frankly laughable. Or sad, I can't decide. What's for sure that peopel's perception of her and her career is screwed up, and you Betsy have always worked very hard to keep it that way. You are not doing her any favour with this.

And I know you don't deal well with bluntness, and I'd even feel sorry for the way I phrase things, but frankly I've watched you being horrible to a couple of my friends many, many times just because they said something that you didn't like, without giving a damn about their feelings cause you didn't deem them to be "proper fans", so I guess turnabout is fairplay.
So please, go and vague blog on tumblr about how mean I was to you, or write some an anon message to some Big Name in the fandom about it, I don't care.

Just ****ing stop spreading this nonsense about Emilie.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Mod Post: ok people can we just hold fire here for a few seconds....

I know we are waiting for news but can we keep things civil

Keep our fingers crossed and leave it at that..
Old 03-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

CD, I deserve at least a chance to respond (I don't know how I saw this since I though I had this person on ignore) since my post didn't deserve that kind of reaction.

I have no problem with bluntness, I have a problem with gross rants like this that are out and out lies and insults, every one of them. Either way, I don't take anything this person said seriously, so no, I'm not going to complain on Tumblr about her, lol.

Anyway....I don't know when pilot season ends, but I hope not soon. I really want to see her as a regular on my tv again

Last edited by Betsybelle; 03-11-2018 at 12:13 PM
Old 03-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

new thread