Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

EdR Current News & Events #7: Emilie is everywhere!

New News & Event thread! Anything new guys?

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't found her in any magazines but I usually don't even when she is so that isn't saying much.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 04-18-2006, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

just saw this, not sure if it is new

Old 04-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Leigh
I haven't found her in any magazines but I usually don't even when she is so that isn't saying much.
word! i'm soo slow lol...tesshipper thanks for that cover...i love the tousled curl look on edr ...
Old 04-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I that pic that you posted TessShipper that's from a Sydney paper. I'm hoping that it'll be in my paper on Sunday

There's a small article on Emilie in this week's Australain NW magazine. She talks about missing Australia and they asked her about her wedding. Nothing that we don't already know and its an old pic. I'll try and scan it on the weekend

I still need to buy one more magazine that I think Emilie maybe in as The Hill Have Eyes is released tomorrow (Thursday).
Old 04-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

maybe if Emilie ever becomes like Nicole Kidman status she can live in Australia and won't need to be in LA.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
maybe if Emilie ever becomes like Nicole Kidman status she can live in Australia and won't need to be in LA.
It would be cool. A couple Australian actors, Eric Bana and Guy Pearce live in Australia and commute to the States for work

ETA: I've just popped on the net tonight to update my spyware as my computer crashed on Monday night right in the middle of updating the JoA Board Anyway cutting a long story short. Here is the scan from this week's NW Magazine (Australian gossip magazine) Sorry about the ripping on the edge ... I got carried away. Please feel free to use for Emilie Online

NW Scan

Last edited by Just Peachy.; 04-19-2006 at 04:58 AM
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

Not sure if Emilie living in Australia would be wise right now due to commuting to the Lost set in Hawaii. From LA to Hawaii is enough, can you imagine the jet-lag from Australia to Hawaii every few days? Ack!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

just peachy thanks for the link ...who knows maybe emilie will be that famous and one day decide to just fly out of australia when she wants too...the jet lag would drive me nuts though....
Old 04-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome for the scan

There's an article in this week's Famous Magazine (Australia) as well I've got the magazine and I'll scan it either tonight or tomorrow I've just quickly read the article and I don't think there is anything new article that we don't already know. There is a small pic of Emilie and Josh and Josh is on a motorcycle that I don't that I've seen before. It looks like a paparrazzi shot.

Incidentally the magazine is owned by the same network that airs Lost.

More news ..

Quote:

The eyes have it
April 20, 2006

Looking for challenges ... Emilie de Ravin / Bill McAuley Advertisement:
EMILIE de Ravin is picky when it comes to movies.

Aside from choosing which roles she takes, the 24-year-old Aussie expat has a thing for the classics. So, does the star of hit TV show Lost have a soft spot for the gore of a slasher film?
"I'm a fan of the good ones," de Ravin answers diplomatically. Although not a horror buff, as such, the blonde beauty does profess a love for a solid edge-of-your-seat thriller.

"I grew up watching a lot of (Alfred) Hitchcock films," she says. "He was so revolutionary for that time." It may not quite be at the level of Hitchcock, but there's a fair amount of tension in French director Alexandre Aja's remake of the 1977 Wes Craven horror The Hills Have Eyes, in which de Ravin stars.

Watch the trailer ยป

So impressed was Craven with Aja's work on 2003's acclaimed High Tension, that he enlisted him to direct the new The Hills Have Eyes, while Craven took the role of producer.

But de Ravin says she wasn't tempted to watch the original for inspiration.

"I'm glad I hadn't seen (The Hills Have Eyes) right before shooting. If you're doing a remake you might be always comparing. This way it's fresh - a clean slate."

In the film, de Ravin plays teenager Brenda Carter, whose family is on a road trip across the US.

They strike trouble trying to take a shortcut through the New Mexico desert. The family is attacked by a band of mutants who have been left there to die following a program of nuclear testing in the area during the 1950s.

It's a demanding role for de Ravin, with Brenda pushed to the limit physically and emotionally, as the blood-crazed mutants try to pick off family members.

"I'm forever trying to choose challenging roles. This was really mentally gruelling.

"I have, obviously, never been in any of the horrific situations Brenda faces. But just doing the scenes was quite draining.

"Brenda really is forced to take charge. She takes on an older sister role. It becomes about survival and doing anything you can."

That's something de Ravin should know only too well from her time spent playing Claire Littleton on Lost.

That character takes on the responsibility of looking after her newborn child, Aaron, after the Oceanic Airlines plane she is on crashes en route between Sydney and Los Angeles, leaving her and others marooned on a strange island.

Helping her as best he can is former rock star Charlie Pace, played by Lord Of The Rings hobbit Dominic Monaghan, while lately John Locke (Terry O'Quinn) has shown more interest in Claire's plight.

But de Ravin insists both Charlie and Locke's relationships with Claire are, and will remain for the time being, platonic.

"He (Charlie) has been her confidante. She (Claire) has been through a lot and she's thankful to have people like him and Locke around her."

Curiously, fans of the show and of Claire's have written de Ravin letters saying they have been inspired by her spirited portrayal of a young mother.

"They say things such as, 'It's nice to have strong female characters'," de Ravin says.

The Hills Have Eyes opens today
Source

Last edited by Just Peachy.; 04-19-2006 at 07:23 PM
Old 04-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Not sure if Emilie living in Australia would be wise right now due to commuting to the Lost set in Hawaii. From LA to Hawaii is enough, can you imagine the jet-lag from Australia to Hawaii every few days? Ack!

oh yea commuting would be a pain. by the time she gets to the set she'd want to do nothing but sleep. That's why in the far future she can do it.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
oh yea commuting would be a pain. by the time she gets to the set she'd want to do nothing but sleep. That's why in the far future she can do it.
I agree, when she becomes this huge movie star and sn't on tv shoes anymore she can commute as much as she wants.

Emilie's name is on the Star Rich List for Australia. Here is the article

Quote:
NICOLE Kidman and Keith Urban may not need a pre-nuptial agreement.

The celebrity couple made almost the same amount of money last year and, with a combined worth of $42.3 million, are the top male and female earners in Australia's entertainment business.

The pair were named, behind children's group The Wiggles and aged rockers AC/DC, in BRW magazine's list of Australia's 50 richest performers in 2005.

The magazine calculated Kidman's 2005 earnings to be $22.3 million, in front of Urban's $20 million, tying him equal fourth with Hugh Jackman.

The actor and the country music singer are rumoured to be engaged.

"Keith is absolutely the big mover," said BRW's James Thomson, who compiled the list.

"He was at $4.7 million last year, jumping to $20 million. It just goes to show how important success in the United States is."

The Wiggles topped the list, with earnings of $50 million, up from $45 million the previous year.

And then came AC/DC, who haven't released an album since 2000, with $25 million, boosted by the release of their Family Jewels DVD.

"This is our estimates of gross earnings for 2005," said Thomson.

"We look at things like news reports, concert takings, album sales, box office and budgets to try and gauge the going rate for people."

Kylie Minogue ranked sixth on the list, followed by Cate Blanchett, children's group Hi-5, and actors Eric Bana, Naomi Watts and Geoffrey Rush.

Russell Crowe dropped dramatically, ranking 18th on the list this year with $5 million in earnings. That compared to last year's earnings of $27 million.

Crowe made one film last year, Ridley Scott's A Good Year, and has focused on his music, with band The Ordinary Fear of God.

"His earnings go up and down depending on what he wants to do," said Thomson.

Young model Gemma Ward is a new entry to the list with an income of $3.5 million.

Other newcomers include musicians Missy Higgins, Anthony Callea and The Veronicas, directors Greg Mclean and James McTeigue, and actors Jacinda Barrett and Emilie de Ravin.
http://www.ntnews.news.com.au/common...E10431,00.html

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Monique19; 04-19-2006 at 09:08 PM
Old 04-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that Monique. Its good to see Emilie up there.

I'm having a bit of a giggle and :rollseye: at who else made the list.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I like this photo . Hmmm, isnt it from old photoshoot for some magazine ???

Last edited by Juliena; 04-20-2006 at 05:57 AM
Old 04-20-2006, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think its from the end of 2004 beginning of 2005 when she was in Australia and was interview by the Herald Sun and The Daily Telegraph both of which are owned by NewsCorp aka Murdoch Family.

I've just scanned Famous Magazine (Australia) Please feel free to use at Emilie Online

Famous Part 1 and Part 2