Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
True but Clint usually works with the same people and alot of veteran actors that have alot of mileage like Sean Penn and Hilary Swank. I noticed that trend about him. He rarely gives newcomers chances.
what about Flags of Our Fathers? that doesn't have veteran actors

thanks Just Peachy
Old 01-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

jazz i don't think it's that he's not interested in the new talent because i think he's an actors actor....if emilie got a part in his film i know it would be something very powerful 'cause clint eastwood does really good heavy material....
Old 01-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^

it would be a great way to show off her acting chops and stretch them. she may even surprise herself with what she's capable of
Old 01-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It all depends on the roles she gets too. SHe has to choose good roles in films that would give her recognition for her work.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 01-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 (View Post)
It all depends on the roles she gets too. SHe has to choose good roles in films that would give her recognition for her work.
very true.

i'd love to know what kinds of scripts get sent her way and how good the best of the batch sent to her really are. i imagine she gets a lot of fantasy/horror stuff due to Lost and THHE
Old 01-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meretwins (View Post)
jazz i don't think it's that he's not interested in the new talent because i think he's an actors actor....if emilie got a part in his film i know it would be something very powerful 'cause clint eastwood does really good heavy material....
It's just something I heard through the grapevine about Clint. He does do heavy material but he's very picky on who he picks for those films. Clint is a very picky guy....extremely picky. I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him. He has a nasty temper when he loses an award and a great sense of humour when he wins. Just a strange man, like Sean Penn.

Mouse - But veteran, I meant by those who have acted for a very long time. Flags of the Father has Ryan Phillipe, Jesse Bradford and Paul Walker, all three I have seen in very popular movies and have been around since they were young. If Emilie has a few more years under her belt and popular or strong movies under her belt, it would help her work with Clint Eastwood. Like I said, the man is....peculiar.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove

Last edited by Jazz; 01-21-2007 at 12:33 PM
Old 01-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

is Paul Walker or Jesse any good? I haven't seen enough of their movies, but the ones I have seen they failed to blow me away,

Clint needs to give unknowns a chance. How is anyone supposed to make it if the same actors keep getting all the roles?

Quote:
He has a nasty temper when he loses an award
wonderful
Old 01-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I tend to just stare at Paul Walker, he is very pretty to look at
Old 01-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy. (View Post)
I tend to just stare at Paul Walker, he is very pretty to look at
well if they can't act might as well use their looks.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
is Paul Walker or Jesse any good? I haven't seen enough of their movies, but the ones I have seen they failed to blow me away,
Paul Walker and Jesse Bradford mostly done either action-packed films or romantic comedies. Thrown into a drama, I don't know how they will do. They said that Paul's never had the chance to showcase his talents so we'll see. However, I adored him to death in the movie, Eight Below. Totally loved him in that. Jesse...I loved him in alot of romantic comedies, he's in the one with the cult following - Bring It On. Love that film, even though I hate Kirsten Dunst. Also, I saw Jesse in a film long time ago when he must have been about 12-13 called Far Away Home.

But I agree, Paul Walker is VERY pretty to look at.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Jesse has been acting that long? wow. first time I saw him was Bring It On - I love that movie.

I think prettiness helps to get roles (most of the time)
Old 01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

He's been around for awhile.

True but some people get it by being really strong actors. Very strong actors.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

like Ewan. He's pretty but a good actor to boot....and lets not forget Viggo, Jazz.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
like Ewan. He's pretty but a good actor to boot....and lets not forget Viggo, Jazz.
Oh gosh I saw an advanced screening of Miss Potter last night and Ewan was amazing.

Just spotted this on IMdB no mention of Emilie and to be fair there are other Aussies who should be mentoned Photos
Old 01-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't classify Paul Walker or Jesse Bradford as really veterans. Their movies haven't really been films that blow me away, normally some little movie that may or may not be fun to see.

If I wanted Emilie to star with some good veterans, Johnny Depp, Nicole Kidman, Russel Crowe, Will Smith, Cate Blanchett, Catherine Zeta Jones, Michael Douglas You know actors who have are A listers or who have done so really good work. Now a young guy who can be her boyfriend or something in the movie, might be a bit more tricky. I will think on it and let you guys know.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela