Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Is Diva Duck Emilie?

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

I was just reading a very in-depth fan site about Emilie de Ravin ( Emilie de Ravin ), and in the biography section of the website it was mentioned that Emilie postes on this forum under the alias of "Diva Duck."

I tried to search "Diva Duck" on the search bar at the bottom of this forums web page, but was unable to do a search as I do not have the proper authorization.

I was just wondering if anyone can guide me to where I may be able to find a list of posts that "Diva Duck" has made on this forum, and weather or not "Diva Duck" really is Emilie de Ravins alias?

Thanks very much, nigelvrm.

EDIT:
Ok, so I've been doing some more searching on-line, and have come across this site with screen captures from "Diva Duck." Diva Duck-1

Could someone please guide me to where I could find the original posts on this forum?

Thanks again.

Last edited by nigelvrm; 05-23-2008 at 09:17 PM
Old 05-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Erm, i'm pretty sure that's a fake notion. The girl "Diva Duck" is certainly not Emilie de Ravin.

First, and last love. Ar♥Mor.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:33 AM
Loyal Fan

The link you have shown, was Emilie who used to be on here a looong time ago during her Roswell days, but those were the only comments she left, I believe. I use this name, but I know you're not talking about me. I'm just a fan.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:53 AM
Extreme Fan

I think what happened is that Diva Duck is Emilie but she hasn't posted in about 6 years or something.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yup, like divaduck said. Emilie posted here under the username "Diva Duck" back in the Roswell days. It was incredibly exciting when she posted.

I don't remember how many times she posted but it had to be only a handful of times. Fan Forum has lost info and changed servers a gazillion times since then. Other than those screen caps, I'm pretty sure her posts here are completely lost now.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by divaduck (View Post)
The link you have shown, was Emilie who used to be on here a looong time ago during her Roswell days, but those were the only comments she left, I believe. I use this name, but I know you're not talking about me. I'm just a fan.
or so you say.... j/k.

It was cool to see Emilie post here back in the day. I'm not sure if she still remembers this site, but it'd be cool to see her post again. Although, I think she'd have to sign up again because FF had crashes that made people lose their accounts.

on a somewhat related note, I never understood where Emilie got the name from.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't know where Emilie go the name of "Diva Duck" from, but the only thing I found online which could have inspired her is an amphibious tour business in florida of the same name. Here is the website. West Palm Beach, Florida Sightseeing Tour over Land and Sea (Fl)

Perhaps Emilie went on a Diva Duck amphibious tour in florida?

The 2 posts by Diva Duck that are on the site which I linked to ( Diva Duck-1 )also show how many posts that the user (Diva Duck) had made at the time that the screen capture was created, and the number stated is 4. So those are only 2 of the 4+ posts that Emilie made. Thanks for the response, but does anyone know where I can find the other 2+ posts from Emilie? Perhaps someone copied them to their computer in a word document?

EDIT:
Ok, I've been on the "wayback machine" (an online archive of internet websites from the past. Basically the server trools around the internet, taking snapshots of websites that people can go back into and view Internet Archive Wayback Machine ) and I can access the "Fan Forum" main page from the time that Emilie was posting, and I can find a link to the message board about Emilie de Ravin, but when I click the link I am blocked from accesing the page because the current Fan Forum webpage contains a file called Robot.txt. This file prevents certain areas of the archived Fanforum, namely the area in which I can find the archived past posts of Emilie de Ravin under the "Diva Duck" alias, from being accessed.

I would just like to ask an administrator/moderator on this forum why they use the robot.txt file, and if they could please take this file off this website so that perhaps the posts from Emilie de Ravin could be accessed from the "Way back Machine/Internet Archive."

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by nigelvrm; 05-25-2008 at 12:29 AM
Old 05-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
or so you say.... j/k.

It was cool to see Emilie post here back in the day. I'm not sure if she still remembers this site, but it'd be cool to see her post again. Although, I think she'd have to sign up again because FF had crashes that made people lose their accounts.

on a somewhat related note, I never understood where Emilie got the name from.

I just want to be her personal wardrobe styler, that's all!

I had a interview with she and Nick back during the Roswell days, and he apparenly gave her the name, for two reasons, one he said she had duck like lips, and teased her about them, and always teased her about the size of her dog, saying she carried her around like a diva.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I had a interview with she and Nick back during the Roswell days...
What do you mean when you say that you "had an interview with them?"

Do you mean
1. That you were present when an interview was being carried out?
2. That you interviewed them?
3. That you read or saw footage of an interview with them in it?

I'm just curious to know weather you have had a close affiliation with Emilie?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

nigelvrm i'm in no way tech web savvy so i'm not sure why the file you referenced was listed that way but unfortunaltey we don't have any archives of edr's post...she posted about three times under the name Diva Duck and from what i do remember she just wanted to thank the fans for their support of her and her work....
Old 05-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

nigelvrm i'm in no way web tech savy so unfortunately i don't know why that file is referenced that way...emilie posted on the board about seven years ago to thank the fans for supporting her on the show roswell and being fans....sadly we don't have any archives of her post...welcome to the board btw ...
Old 05-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you "meretwins" for welcoming me to the forum.

Here is a link to the "Fan Forum" as it was April 18 2001, as proof that the archive does exists. Fan Forum - Emilie de Ravin - Waiting for Emilie to come pay us a visit Part Deux [2]

I'll try to clarify what I mean in regards to the archive of this forum.

There is an archive of this forum, held in an entire archive of the internet on a server somewhere in Hawaii. The server in Hawaii collects every web page from the entire internet every few months, and stores them for posterity. Anyone can go to their website and access this archive of the internet. This very website, the "fan forum," has been archived hundreds of times in the past on the internet archive in Hawaii, every such archived file of the "Fan Forum" can be accessed, going back to January 25 1999. You can access the webpage of the "Way Back Machine/Internet Archive" which lists every single archive of the site "Fan Fourm" by clicking on this link. Internet Archive Wayback Machine

Emilie joined "Fan Forum" in October 2001, as can be seen from this screen shot of 2 of Emilies 4 posts. Diva Duck-1

The closest archive of "Fan Forum" after Emilie signed up is from November 29 2001. The link to this snapshot of "Fan Forum" is here. Fan Forum: Entertainment 4 Fans

If you go to the above link, and click the "Forum For Fans," which is where I believe Emilies first posts could be found, you'll see that access to this area of the site 'Fan Forum" is denied by the operator of "Fan Forum" via a "Robots.txt" file.

The second time Emilie posted, january 15 2002, the nearest archive past this date is from January 19 2002.
If you try going to the "Female Celebrities" list, you get the same "Robots.txt" block. Fan Forum: Entertainment 4 Fans

The "Internet Archive's" FAQ tells the following:
The Standard for Robot Exclusion (SRE) is a means by which web site owners can instruct automated systems not to crawl their sites. Web site owners can specify files or directories that are disallowed from a crawl, and they can even create specific rules for different automated crawlers. All of this information is contained in a file called robots.txt. While robots.txt has been adopted as the universal standard for robot exclusion, compliance with robots.txt is strictly voluntary. In fact most web sites do not have a robots.txt file, and many web crawlers are not programmed to obey the instructions anyway. However, Alexa Internet, the company that crawls the web for the Internet Archive, does respect robots.txt instructions, and even does so retroactively. If a web site owner decides he / she prefers not to have a web crawler visiting his / her files and sets up robots.txt on the site, the Alexa crawlers will stop visiting those files and will make unavailable all files previously gathered from that site. This means that sometimes, while using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, you may find a site that is unavailable due to robots.txt (you will see a "robots.txt query exclusion error" message). Sometimes a web site owner will contact us directly and ask us to stop crawling or archiving a site, and we endevor to comply with these requests. When you come accross a "blocked site error" message, that means that a siteowner has made such a request and it has been honored.

You can see the "retroactive" element in the above copied FAQ. This leads me to believe that if the "Robots.txt" file were simply removed from the current 'Fan Forum," that access to the area of the "Internet Archives" fan forum would then be permitted. So it is simply a matter of deleting a small file on your web page (the web master could probably do that), and we would be able gain access to a genuine piece of Emilie de Ravin history which was preveously assumed to be irrevecably lost to a server crash.

PLEASE, I beg of you, on behalf of all Emilie de Ravin fans, remove the "Robots.txt" file from your web page, it does nothing but hinder our search for Emilie memorabilia.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Last edited by nigelvrm; 05-25-2008 at 07:02 PM
Old 05-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

that one link brings back a million memories

brendan fehr used to post on the forums too under the name spiderman. /random

Last edited by divaduck; 05-25-2008 at 08:47 PM
Old 05-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

How can you tell that "Diva Duck" really was Emilie or that "Spiderman" really was Brendan Fehr?

Could they have just been imposters who were fooling around?

Btw Diva Duck, coul you please tell me where you got the information about Nick giving Emilie her 'Diva Duck" nickname?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

How can you tell that "Diva Duck" really was Emilie de Ravin, or that "spiderman" really was Brendan Fehr?

Could they have just been imposters who were fooling around?

Btw divaduck, you still haven't replied to my question about your relation to that interview in which Nick states that he gave Emilie her nickname. I'm just really curious to hear your response. Have you ever been in proximity to the cast of roswell, or did you just read or see the interview in the media?