Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

I wouldn't doubt it. JJ can be cruel like that.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Now that's just plain mean!!! But I wouldn't put it pass JJ Abrams. I just wouldn't!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think she's going to be on tonight.

Maybe they updated her TV listing because it's midseason. I won't hold my breath but, if anything, I hope this translates to her permanently being in the cast credits.

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. The Boone/Shannon episode has been hyped up as being so scandalous, it has to be good.

Last edited by Lucy Pearl; 01-12-2005 at 03:43 PM
Old 01-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Demon Spawn?? - Claire's LOST baby???

Demon Spawn?? - Claire's LOST baby???
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/emilie-de-ravin/

TV GUIDE.COM
http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/050112.asp

Question: Is Emilie de Ravin
(aka Claire from Lost) leaving the show?
— Joy

Ausiello: I'm guessing not, since she — or
rather, that demon spawn she's carrying
in her womb — may very well be the key
to this whole island mystery. I hear
they're planning to rerun Claire's
flashback episode Feb. 2, so don't be
surprised if the pregnant Aussie returns
the following week.
==========================

Actually she is UNUSUALLY listed in both today's
and next weeks episodes synopses as the #2 cast
member, as we noted earlier. Maybe her new(?)
contract requires a better listing than being
buried in the rest of the cast?

Especially if Claire's baby is the KEY.

But Demon Spawn???
Come on...

-Gloriana
Old 01-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

In case anyone is interested... I added 7 clips of Raised by Another at edrfan.net.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

i have digital cable and i hit the info button on the remote for an epi descriptions and lo and behold edr's name was listed...funny since she wasn't in the epi ...hurley cracks me up....interesting how boone and sawyer were in the police department....so boone "knew" sawyer before the crash....hmmm
Old 01-12-2005, 07:56 PM
New Fan

Were you wondering if the other could care any less about Claire's situation that they did last week?

Well they could. And they did. Care even less that is. She is totally and completely written off for dead, and nobody cares. Unbelievably, even Charlie is still just lollygagging around the beach, but not to worry, he looks and feels much better thank you! Not better enough to go look for the girl he lured from the safety of the beach and promised to protect, mind you. But good enough to (gag) actually share a little laugh with the equally couldn't give a ***** Jack that Jack could give him aspirin for his withdrawal pains, but nothing for his Claire pain!

No one is even pretending to look anymore, guess that happens when no one cares. It is just bizarre and disturbing. IMO, the only way they pull out of this mess is by making an actual plot point of how much no one cares, how callous being on the island and fighting for their own survival has made them.

Oh, and the name in credit thing turned out to be hokum as well, she was not in the opening credits of the actual show.

I wonder if they are running a danger that the audience will care as little for Claire as her fellow survivors do by the time she reappears. (And btw, I am thoroughly convinced she will have to just reappear on her own, its for damn sure none of this crowd is going to find her, at least not on purpose.) Of course WE will care, and the wonderful screen presence of Ms EdR will draw people back in, but they are sure setting up an obstacle for her. She will have been offscreen for over 2 FREAKING months when she returns! Isn't that some kind of crime or something?

And just to increase my snarky mood, have you heard the rumors/spoilers/foilers for what state she returns in?!?! I won't give away too much except to say sadly, if true it is another great excuse not to use her. ((. Guys, I'm getting way tired of this ridiculous game.

Otherwise, some good things in this ep, better than last week. Loved the Hurley/Jin stuff, even liked Mary Kate with Sun. But more bizarre skiparoonie - when did Ken and Barbie (aka Jack and Kate) make up? Didn't we leave them pretty upset last week?

As for the Boone/Shannon stuff, the backstory was good, love that she is indeed a total conniving uber biotch, but could have done without the whole Shannon as Bobby Ewing in the shower resolution/tease.

Oh well, just another month to go until we might just catch a glimpse of live Claire, no thanks to any of the worthless, lazy lugs she had the misfortune to be stranded with!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstreets
Oh, and the name in credit thing turned out to be hokum as well, she was not in the opening credits of the actual show.
Eh, it was wishful thinking on my part anyway. I didn't expect it.

Even though I was spoiled rotten about the Boone/Shannon twist, I still can't believe they did that. Poor Ian, why do his characters get stuck in such effed up relationships?

I haven't lurked TWoP yet but I wonder if their reaction is anywhere near the same with Charlie's "death." There's only so many times this show can play the fake out card.

The preview for next week is great. Claire's diary! The fight between Sawyer and Charlie looks pretty wimpy though. It almost looks like the Xander/Harmony fight from Buffy.

Last edited by Lucy Pearl; 01-12-2005 at 10:23 PM
Old 01-13-2005, 06:10 AM
New Fan

((I haven't lurked TWoP yet but I wonder if their reaction is anywhere near the same with Charlie's "death." There's only so many times this show can play the fake out card.))

What a great, fun site TWoP is!

The reaction to the faux death has been mixed at best. Probably not as bad as the reaction to the Charlie tease/death though. Some have said at least Shannon's fake death fit into the story, whereas Charlie's was so painfully clear just a manipulation of the fangirl emotions. But alot of people did not like it, saying fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice . . .

Similarly, the reaction to the bizarre non-concern for Claire is still there on all the boards, but not with the white hot righteous indignation of last week. Guess everyone kind of expected it this time. But many people are still saying it, and seem to be espec indignant that Charlie could make sort of a joke of it!

I guess the upside is that people truly seem to miss and care for the Claire character, much more than the writers or the other survivors do. I would say this casual indifference to her plight is by far the biggest misstep of the show so far.

And where the heck are the promo pics for Homecoming? I was thinking that if Claire comes to Homecoming, she will have to be her own date. Its for damn sure no one else is going to bring her!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

I'm little concerned myself about the whole not caring about Claire thing. She's due any day and Jack isn't worried about the ramficiation of her giving birth without a doctor there? Not only this, I expected more of Charlie, I thought he would be going out there after her all this time instead of sitting on the beach doing nothing. It just makes him as useless as Shannon is. To say I'm disappointed in the writers is an understatement. I expected more out of Jack and Charlie.

As for Boone/Shannon - I knew they had some kind of incest going on there! And they aren't related, they are step-brother/sister. That last scene of them making out was disturbing especially since Boone keeps calling her his "sister" when really they have slept together already. Yeah, their life is completely screwed up.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Yeah, their life is completely screwed up.
Isn't it great. I just knew from the beginning that those two were not actually related.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolove
Isn't it great. I just knew from the beginning that those two were not actually related.
I thought maybe they might have been undercover agents. Stupid ones at that. But this explains alot. Also, his need to take care of her is really scary. I mean, he has a great need to look after her and when she "died", he said he felt relieved. Why? Probably because he didn't need to take care of her anymore, he was released from that duty.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Pearl
The preview for next week is great. Claire's diary! The fight between Sawyer and Charlie looks pretty wimpy though. It almost looks like the Xander/Harmony fight from Buffy.
to me it sounded like the sound effects weren't added yet.

last night was interesting. i love locke and hurley's scenes. and when locke and boone spoke at the end my mind started thinking of all these possibilities.

Quote:
But Demon Spawn???
Come on...
glory, when claire's ep first aired & the psychic was saying the baby needs her goodness i thought to myself that she was carrying an evil child. so i don't think a demon spawn is that unbelievable.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

I'm starting to get annoyed with the non-mention of Claire. For someone who cared so much about Claire, why isn't Charlie doing anything to find her?

And like Jazz said, what about Jack? He knows Claire can pretty much have the baby any day and he's all "verbally copulating" with Kate.

Next week we better have a buttload of Claire mentions with this diary storyline.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

MAYBE BABY - LOST - Claire not Pregnant in new ABC Photos

MAYBE BABY - LOST - Claire not Pregnant in new ABC Photos
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/emilie-de-ravin/

Like we said in an earlier
post(with links to photos):

Looks like "4AAAB" from Roswell S-3.
Plus some sort of Tessian mindwarp
occurred in this week's episode.
==============================

http://news.yahoo.com/news?
tmpl=story&u=/pagesix/20050114/en_pagesix/maybebaby

MAYBE BABY

Fri Jan 14, 3:34 AM ET Entertainment - PageSix Gossip/Celeb
By DON KAPLAN

AN unborn baby has be come the most important character on
ABC's hit show "Lost," fueling watercooler buzz and Internet
chatter.

In a recent episode of the increasingly popular drama, the baby's
very pregnant mother, Claire (Emilie de Ravin), was abducted by a
mysterious stranger on the bizarre jungle island where the survivors
of a plane crash are trying to endure each other and the dangers of
their new surroundings.

In the weeks since the abduction episode aired, some fans are upset
that the series' characters have not been actively searching for the
missing girl and wonder exactly why the baby is so important.

"Why [are] they are not trying to find the pregnant girl?" a fan of
the show e-mailed yesterday. "I'm really upset."

"Where is Claire?" echoed a fan called Matawna on ABC's
official "Lost" Internet message board. "Why have they so easily
given up looking for her? Even if they thought she was dead — why
not go after [the kidnapper]?"

Fans are floating various theories about the baby — some think it
might be the Antichrist while others theorize that it will be the key
to the whole mystery surrounding the show's super-secret plot.

One thing is for sure — ABC released new promotional pictures of
the cast this week, and in the new shot Claire is not pregnant anymore.

An episode titled "Homecoming" is slated to air during February
sweeps, and fans are speculating that it might mean that Claire is
finally rescued from her abductor(s).

Each week the show jumps back and forth between the characters'
current situation — marooned on the island — and their back
stories about how they ended up on the doomed flight.

In Claire's case, she was given the airline tickets by a psychic who
convinced her to fly from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles, where he
had arranged for a couple to adopt her baby. He told her that the
baby was extremely important to the future of the entire world, in
great danger and needed to be raised by her because she would have
a "positive" influence on the child.

After the crash, Claire began to wonder if the psychic knew about the
impending disaster all along and tried to kill her and the baby. Soon
after, she was abducted by a supernaturally strong man posing as one
of the passengers.
==================

-Gloriana