Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

i'm neither pro or anti charlie and claire...either way it goes i just want her to get some screen time....to my way of thinking claire is always going to be linked with someone if it's not aaron it's probably charlie....kinda like when you think of sun you think of jin etc...as long as she still gets to be claire without having to be the sidekick to whomever she's associated with i'm okay with it.....
Old 06-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

Alot of these shows depend on a coupling - whether it's platonic or romantic. Granted, Sayid hasn't had much to do since Shannon left. There is the whole Kate/Sawyer/Jack thing...and for awhile, an Ana/Jack flirtation. With Locke, he's always paired with someone. For awhile Boone...and now Eko.

The problem with Claire is, because of the baby, she's completely limited to only certain type of storyline. The only storyline she can really be involved with is either a slow romance with someone or a friendship with someone else. Adventure and going all over the place isn't really in the cards for her.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, okay. Thanks guys.
Bunny #166
Game of Thrones | Jon&Daenerys
Old 06-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I want Claire to grow a backbone
Old 06-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
Well said. Who knows maybe she will have a good storyline that doesn't involve Charlie in Season 3.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
she has one...especially in defense of her son...i think it's just really unrealistic to expect her character to have much participation at this point because technically she has a newborn so there's not much traipsing around the island she can do....with the given theme of season three i think it creates a lot of potential for her character to have a higher profile because the focus wouldn't necessarily be on her running and jumping to save her life but forming those emotional connections....who knows i could be wrong ...
Old 06-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

eh...I guess even though she protects her son from crazy Charlie, the fact that she kissed him and is almost always seen with Charlie makes me feel like she doesn't have enough of a backbone
Old 06-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
eh...I guess even though she protects her son from crazy Charlie, the fact that she kissed him and is almost always seen with Charlie makes me feel like she doesn't have enough of a backbone
i didn't see anything wrong with the kiss...it was tentative and more likely related to the fact she almost died from the flying debris etc...why not kiss...charlie has never run roughshod over claire...he's been crazy protective of her but he's never tried to control her, as far as i can remember...so for me claire's backbone is pretty solid i just hope for more for her to do...
Old 06-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I want Sun and Claire's kids to have playdates
Old 06-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I want Sun and Claire's kids to have playdates
Those are spoilers for me..Sun is preggers?!
Bunny #166
Game of Thrones | Jon&Daenerys
Old 06-06-2006, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meretwins
i didn't see anything wrong with the kiss...it was tentative and more likely related to the fact she almost died from the flying debris etc...why not kiss...charlie has never run roughshod over claire...he's been crazy protective of her but he's never tried to control her, as far as i can remember...so for me claire's backbone is pretty solid i just hope for more for her to do...
I agree with this. Claire has held her own with Charlie. I mean, they had disagreements - granted, it was never huge arguments but the two of them know how to compromise which speaks volumes compare to alot of relationships out there. Charlie's been crazy trying to protect Claire, of course...but he hasn't tried to control her or force her to do anything. He is nothing like Jin in the beginning...how he kept controlling and abusing Sun by grabbing her and shoving her around. Charlie hasn't done that to Claire at all.

Charlie's problem stems from how he grew up. Protecting his family and those he cares about is the only thing he knows how to do. However, I think now, he is learning how to be less protective and more in tune with himself when he was separated from Claire. He was involved in alot more things with the other island people, he didn't feel the need to be protective as much anymore. With Jin, it's the culture. The men had to be controlling over their women. That's the way they were taught.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Loyal Fan

I love Claire (and Emilie). She is my favorite Lost character. I really wish there was more for her to do. Obviously, she has to take care of Aaron but still. And I have my opinions of the Claire-Charlie kiss but I don't feel like going into that right now.

Owen/Cristina ~ Jim/Pam ~ Tony/Michelle ~ Sawyer/Juliet

Avie credit wolwiegirl3
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Yuki*~
Those are spoilers for me..Sun is preggers?!
yes, she is. sorry if I ruined it for you
Old 06-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostaway04
I love Claire (and Emilie). She is my favorite Lost character. I really wish there was more for her to do. Obviously, she has to take care of Aaron but still. And I have my opinions of the Claire-Charlie kiss but I don't feel like going into that right now.
If I never did it before. Welcome to the thread. She is my favourite too Eh I don't want to go into the Charlie-Claire kiss either plus everyone who has always been here knows how I feel about it.

Quote:
yes, she is. sorry if I ruined it for you
Leave it to you to do that I like the idea of Sun's child and Aaron being friends, they woud be the only ones in their own age group.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19
If I never did it before. Welcome to the thread. She is my favourite too Eh I don't want to go into the Charlie-Claire kiss either plus everyone who has always been here knows how I feel about it.

Leave it to you to do that I like the idea of Sun's child and Aaron being friends, they woud be the only ones in their own age group.
and if Sun has a girl she and Aaron can get married. awww.

I thought since Sun has been known to be preggers for a while I wouldn't have to put the spoiler warning. I was wrong