Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2006, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

I tend to do both...I ship conventional and unconventional. I mean, I looooved Kyle/Tess together but I was torn because I loved Max/Tess together as well. However, the fact is, Max treated Tess like dirt whereas Kyle treated her nicely (except in the end when she "betrayed" everyone). I really have to grit my teeth when a woman gets treated like dirt.

With Lost...everything seems very conventional. Then again, Abrams seems to be very conventional in terms of his coupling and all that. Watching Alias, Syd could have been paired off with everyone but Vaughn but Vaughn was the "conventional" guy for her so they paired them off. In Lost, I'm waiting for the whole Jack/Kate/Sawyer threesome.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Mouse
for some reason I enjoy shipping couples I know will never get together or have a VERY small chance of any kind of relationship.
Me too, I think I have only had two shows where I actually shipped the conventional couple and then something happens and one of them died or something.

I agree Jazz Max treated Tess like dirt, I always hated him for that (especially since I ship them) and JJ does seem to like unconventional coupling. With regards to Alias, I may be one of the few who don't like Syd and Vaugn together. I ship her with Sark, her and Will would be second.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 04-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

Hmm...not sure if JJ Abrams liked unconventional coupling. He hasn't really done it often. I mean, usually who he pairs them off in the beginning is who they end up with. Like I said, Syd and Vaughn are conventional...but what you like is Syd/Sark or Syd/Will which is unconventional. Yet, Alias is nearing the end and it looks like the conventional coupling is going to be the way it goes - especially since Syd had Vaughn's baby.

Remind me of Roswell where the main four were paired up the way they started.

I mean, Libby and Hurley met and they had something going...and they are the conventional couple. Course, they are getting more action though I think Libby's hidden past on her being crazy is alot worse than Charlie fondling drugs.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
for some reason I enjoy shipping couples I know will never get together or have a VERY small chance of any kind of relationship.
i tend to do that too sometimes
Old 04-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

oh I hated the way Max treated Tess. She should've slapped him real hard repeatedly. But I let their good moments outweigh the bad.

I love me some Sark but I don't want him with anyone.
is it crazy to want Jack and Irina to get back together?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
is it crazy to want Jack and Irina to get back together?
No, they are a conventional couple.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

they are a very dysfunctional conventional couple. I love it.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

They are dysfunctional but they are conventional nevertheless! So you do like a conventional couple.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh NO!! something is wrong with me. Must. Not. Like. Conventional.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
they are a very dysfunctional conventional couple. I love it.
They are extremely dysfunctinal. I mainly watch Alias when I know Irina is going to be in it cause she is my favourtie character. I tend to do that too. Some of my shows my favourtie characters are the bad ones. Like I love Claire (she is good) and my other favourite is Sawyer who is a troublemaker. I don't know, I am weird like that.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 04-26-2006, 04:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Public Service Announcement: The SpyMommy & SpyDaddy 'ship can never ever be wrong.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mone
Public Service Announcement: The SpyMommy & SpyDaddy 'ship can never ever be wrong.
I see, then that applies to Syd and Vaughn too since they are now the new SpyMommy & SpyDaddy.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-26-2006, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I miss Will on Alias. I can't wait for him to come back.

I don't know about me liking bad characters. I like Sawyer over Jack, but I think that's the only time I rooted for the troublemaker. and Tess doesn't count cause I never considered her a troublemaker.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

I like Sawyer but I will always love Jack over Sawyer. I think it's because I love Matthew Fox to death and remembered him from Party of Five.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

here's a dumb question, is lost new tonight?