Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Belle Appreciation #18- The bookish beauty.

Belle Appreciation #18

belle french: a summary
source

Previous Thread:
#17: Warrior Princess

Last edited by LilMouse; 10-04-2014 at 10:15 AM
Old 06-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

I'll fix the OP later, I just wanted to reply to stuff said at the con that Monique posted in the News thread.

Quote:
*side note to avid shippers: I’m sure Emilie has not seen the script yet and the writers are still working on the premiere episode, so don’t take this and go running and crying
This is why I cannot with those shippers sometimes I am glad she stated that they could break up, so she's aware of how sketchy the whole situation is

Quote:
Robin is wary of Rumbelle after his experience with Rumple and being protective of Belle.
Too bad we'll never see this probably. And too bad no other character has this realistic mentality, except Belle's dad at one point. But look how THAT turned out.

Quote:
Sean was asked how it is to play a thief in numerous shows. “I look like a sneaky person!”
This isn't Belle-related but what else has he played a thief in?
Old 06-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT

Quote:
This isn't Belle-related but what else has he played a thief in?
I actually never heard of him / saw him before OUAT so I'm no help.

Quote:
And too bad no other character has this realistic mentality, except Belle's dad at one point. But look how THAT turned out.
counting down to OUAT making Robin out to be a bad guy b/c he finds fault in Rumpel/Rumbelle

Quote:
This is why I cannot with those shippers sometimes I am glad she stated that they could break up, so she's aware of how sketchy the whole situation is
I'm actually relieved Emilie spoke out against what Rumpel did b/c she's always so positive about their relationship. I kinda have to side-eye her most of the time.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
counting down to OUAT making Robin out to be a bad guy b/c he finds fault in Rumpel/Rumbelle
Well I doubt we'll even see him disapprove of them (if Sean is right that that's how Robin thinks) or he'll make a comment and Belle would be like "no you're wrong he has a GoOd hEaRt!!!11~@"...as usual, and that's it.

Quote:
I'm actually relieved Emilie spoke out against what Rumpel did b/c she's always so positive about their relationship. I kinda have to side-eye her most of the time.
Same. Though apparently she did say they have a very Romeo/Juliet relationship, and since R/J is one of the worst and unhealthiest relationships ever written, that's a very accurate analogy. But I don't think that's what she meant by it.

I really want to see Belle use a bow and arrow.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I posted this in the News thread but will post it here

32 min video of the panel with Emilie and Rebecca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9jXc1H5d64

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Yeah, it feels like her answers at the con weren't as completely lovey-dovey about Rumbelle as it can tend to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
Same. Though apparently she did say they have a very Romeo/Juliet relationship, and since R/J is one of the worst and unhealthiest relationships ever written, that's a very accurate analogy. But I don't think that's what she meant by it.
lol. Reminds me of the Good Morning Storybrook segment where Belle was choosing all the novels with tragic and unhappy endings. Lord, this show can be so aware and yet not.

source: he was a hero

Last edited by Lucy Pearl; 06-23-2014 at 10:27 AM
Old 06-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 (View Post)
I posted this in the News thread but will post it here

32 min video of the panel with Emilie and Rebecca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9jXc1H5d64
Thanks! Shame they didn't have more scenes together.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for bringing the videos over Monique. It's late here, so I'm going to put that on my "watch later" list.

Quote:
Well I doubt we'll even see him disapprove of them (if Sean is right that that's how Robin thinks) or he'll make a comment and Belle would be like "no you're wrong he has a GoOd hEaRt!!!11~@"...as usual, and that's it.
I do believe Robin will mostly be concerned with Marion/Regina in s4 and won't have any scenes with Belle.
Shame

Quote:
Though apparently she did say they have a very Romeo/Juliet relationship, and since R/J is one of the worst and unhealthiest relationships ever written, that's a very accurate analogy. But I don't think that's what she meant by it
R+J makes me cringe. They are on my Top 5 NOTPs.

Quote:
Yeah, it feels like her answers at the con weren't as completely lovey-dovey about Rumbelle as it can tend to be.
I'm expecting her to change her tune for SDCC
Old 06-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

I try not to criticize shippers too much on here but I just need to vent. I just saw a confession from one of those confession blogs that said they want Belle to get pregnant next season so she can't leave Rumple when she finds out about the dagger. Like..

I WISH I WAS ALLOWED TO CURSE BECAUSE REALLY! WAY TO COMPLETELY WANT TO STRIP HER OF WHATEVER DIGNITY/CHARACTERIZATION SHE HAS LEFT. But they don't care about her. I can't believe there are actual stupid people who think that way.

Also, that's pretty much emotional abuse/manipulation right there. But it will be passed off as romantic by....people.

Quote:
I do believe Robin will mostly be concerned with Marion/Regina in s4 and won't have any scenes with Belle.
They're sorely misusing his character. Like with Hook, they've basically stripped everything that makes Robin Hood the Robin Hood, I mean, has he stolen anything in 3B? Or gave anything to the poor? Or anything besides being Regina's plot device/LI?
Old 06-25-2014, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow! That is disgusting. I'm assuming a female wrote that, which for me makes the comment even more disgusting. I can't believe people want to trap Belle in an unhealthy relationship like that and reduce her to being Rumple's wifey/baby mama, as if she has nothing else to offer.
Think about all the women in real life who don't leave abusive relationships because children are involved + they're afraid. I can't believe that situation is being encouraged / supported.

It makes me so mad what was done to Robin & Hook. Their whole purpose is to look pretty and be a love interest. They literalyl have no other stories going on outside of (I'm going to be crude now) sniffing Emma and Regina's vaginas. Robin is better than Hook b/c at least he's not scum. But I hate how A&E stripped him & Hook of everything that made their original characters fun and interesting. And fangirls are OK with it because, hey, who cares as long as you can wank to Colin's face, am I right?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

They are all females, and that makes it even more sickening. Luckily, there were a lot of responses from other shippers going "No", or "Gross" or even pointing out that Belle can still leave him even if she does get pregnant. So at least there's a percentage of them that have intelligence.

Quote:
It makes me so mad what was done to Robin & Hook. Their whole purpose is to look pretty and be a love interest. They literalyl have no other stories going on outside of (I'm going to be crude now) sniffing Emma and Regina's vaginas. Robin is better than Hook b/c at least he's not scum. But I hate how A&E stripped him & Hook of everything that made their original characters fun and interesting. And fangirls are OK with it because, hey, who cares as long as you can wank to Colin's face, am I right?
Well, a good thing is, Belle is actually a better character than them in a way. At least the writers kept her love of books AND they put it to use, however temporarily.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Luckily, there were a lot of responses from other shippers going "No", or "Gross" or even pointing out that Belle can still leave him even if she does get pregnant. So at least there's a percentage of them that have intelligence.
My faith in humanity is semi-restored.
People can be so gross.

Quote:
Belle is actually a better character than them in a way. At least the writers kept her love of books AND they put it to use, however temporarily.
Belle is the info finder, so she's not completely useless. But there is no hope for Hook. He can't claim contributing anything to society.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

To be honest, it makes me wonder what type of girls these people are going to be when they are older when they feel to trap a man, they need to get pregnant. That they prefer to be spineless, than independent. It makes me said that women power is just dying with girls who have dreamy dreams that this is how life is!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

where do they learn this behavior? tv?
Old 06-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
I try not to criticize shippers too much on here but I just need to vent. I just saw a confession from one of those confession blogs that said they want Belle to get pregnant next season so she can't leave Rumple when she finds out about the dagger. Like..

I WISH I WAS ALLOWED TO CURSE BECAUSE REALLY! WAY TO COMPLETELY WANT TO STRIP HER OF WHATEVER DIGNITY/CHARACTERIZATION SHE HAS LEFT. But they don't care about her. I can't believe there are actual stupid people who think that way.
The very scary thing is that there is potential for this to be Belle/Rumbelle's storyline for next season and given the pattern with this show, it would be couched as the most romantic thing ever. It's my worst case scenario for the next season. And the fact that this show keeps going beyond my worst case Belle scenarios every season has me downright scared of it.*

*I'm still deciding on if I'll be watching any of next season or not. I really hope another network puts out some worthwhile competition to OUAT.