Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

I completely agree with you guys, Mouse and Giana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
I could even LIKE the relationship if Belle was able to develop as herself outside of Rumple for a bit. Instead, she just seems to be coming across as a plot device for him, and frankly I don't care about him to see that.
You know what, I agree about the relationship bit. I think I could tolerate Rumbelle if I was able to focus on any independent Belle storyline instead.

It's frustrating as an Emilie fan to see her character all about Rumple but he gets to have several going at once. Or heck get to see brand new characters swoop in and get their own POVs fleshed out clearly.

I get it that Belle is basically Claire level on this show and Rumpelstiltskin is a major main character but come on.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by divaduck (View Post)
You've actually offended me, Jazz and you ignored it. You know I was right about what I said, and you called out my opinion by saying I was starting something. All because I disagreed with some things? It's been 13 years coming, but I take my leave. Unless I'm posting rares or photos of any kind, I'm pretty much ignored.

It's a fact that you guys have become Regina apologists and Hook apologists, a reason why I have slowed my activity here. But it's been a wild ride. As a true Emilie fan, I'm glad she's happy. I wish you ALL the best of luck!
Oh no, don't go! You're one of my favorite general posters, as well as one of the saner Rumpel/Belle shippers (a group of people I actually really like a lot and get along with most of the time). I didn't mean to offend you at all, if I did. It's just frustration to how Belle is being written is all. But I blame the WRITERS for that, not Emilie...which I have seen Belle haters do I adore Emilie, we all do, and that's really what this board is about, no?

(And for the record, I dislike both Hook AND Regina)

Quote:
You know what, I agree about the relationship bit. I think I could tolerate Rumbelle
It's weird, because I LOVED it in Skin Deep, and I thought their reunion in the S1 finale was cute It was just, the way it was handled after that, well... but again, I could probably like it again if the writers started write it better. I did enjoy The Crocodile, though.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Absolute Fan

divaduck, you know I you.

Another interview with Zimbio - 'Once Upon a Time' Scoop: Emilie de Ravin Previews Belle's Shocking Transformation - Once Upon A Time - Zimbio
Old 04-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh no, don't go! You're one of my favorite general posters, as well as one of the saner Rumpel/Belle shippers (a group of people I actually really like a lot and get along with most of the time). I didn't mean to offend you at all, if I did. It's just frustration to how Belle is being written is all. But I blame the WRITERS for that, not Emilie...which I have seen Belle haters do I adore Emilie, we all do, and that's really what this board is about, no?

(And for the record, I dislike both Hook AND Regina)

It's weird, because I LOVED it in Skin Deep, and I thought their reunion in the S1 finale was cute It was just, the way it was handled after that, well... but again, I could probably like it again if the writers started write it better. I did enjoy The Crocodile, though.
I completely agree with this and please don't leave divaduck.

I'm just frustrated with the writing and the lack of development/interaction for the character outside of Rumple.

Thanks for the link Tara.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by divaduck (View Post)
You've actually offended me, Jazz and you ignored it. You know I was right about what I said, and you called out my opinion by saying I was starting something. All because I disagreed with some things? It's been 13 years coming, but I take my leave. Unless I'm posting rares or photos of any kind, I'm pretty much ignored.

It's a fact that you guys have become Regina apologists and Hook apologists, a reason why I have slowed my activity here. But it's been a wild ride. As a true Emilie fan, I'm glad she's happy. I wish you ALL the best of luck!
My apologies if you felt offended but I just read the last thread in it's entirety and I didn't see the reason for bringing up people not liking RumBelle in favour of her being with someone more "attractive" which can be contrude as being called "shallow" which some people messaged me that took it that way. Everyone was talking about Lacey and this was mentioned. It was unnecessary to bring it up the way it was, that's what I'm saying. You also did it again with your message above, "As a true Emilie fan" implying no one else is. This is insulting to many people. That was completely unnecessary as well.

We appreciate your contribution to the board and I can't force anyone to stay or go, it's a personal choice. I hope you'll stay but again, I can't force anyone to do what they don't want to do.

On another note, I missed this completely on the other thread, since I was studying for final exams and reading through everything quickly - but the book that was sent to Emilie and was found by someone on a website, I browsed through the pictures and yes, that's the book that was sent to her. The picture was taken by Fehrious who is a very dear friend of mine (still is - I stay over at her house from time to time) and she worked on the WB lot.

If you look at this picture, the page she's looking at with the cartoon drawings is mine.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove

Last edited by Jazz; 04-17-2013 at 04:56 PM
Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Absolute Fan

TVGuide Interview
Old 04-18-2013, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks for all the links Tara , they are great interviews

All the stuff I'm reading I can't wait for!!, it is Sunday yet
Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Aww, squirrel baby shout-out in the TV Guide interview.

Wetpaint.com Spoiler Interview
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the link to the various interviews, y'all.

From the TV Guide interview.

Spoiler:

Quote:
I actually enjoyed the couple in the first season too. I really liked that cut Skin Deep scene that we got a glimpse of. I was curious as to where they would go with them before the second season started.

But this second season has been a mess. I just have not been impressed with them at all this year and I don't know if better writing in the third season would make it better for me. They need to just give me a Belle storyline so I can skip the Rumbelle scenes. Heh

IMO.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I want Belle to have a storyline too, and I Rumbelle as you can tell..
Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for posting all the articles here.
Spoiler:

Giane and Val - I agree with everything you guys said. I definitely am not saying Rumpel/Belle should not have scenes together ever. I'd just like a solo story for her - I thought more would happen with her memory loss/Greg.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Absolute Fan

New sneak peek, Belle's in it - 'Once Upon A Time' Preview: Rumple And Belle Hunt For A Famous Thief In 'Lacey' (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO)
Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I think everyone's in agreement that we want Belle to have a storyline. That's the best part! Hopefully it will happen, that's all I'm hoping for!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the link, tara! Unfortunately, it's not working for me

And I agree, Jazz