Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

OUAT returned tonight

Old 03-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
Some Storybrooke residents are renewing their lease — and some might not be.

Once Upon a Time stars Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue are currently in negotiations to extend their contracts for a potential Season 7, TVLine has learned.

Morrison, Parrilla and Carlyle have been with the series since its premiere; O’Donoghue joined the ensemble in early Season 2.

The status of cast members Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin and Jared Gilmore — all of whom also have expiring contracts — is to be determined.

The shake-up, sources say, is creative driven, in keeping with recent reports of a Season 7 “reset,” versus a Castle-like cost-cutting measure. As part of the tweaked creative direction, two new characters/potential series regulars have been cast to appear in the May finale: Andrew J. West (The Walking Dead) will play a “strong yet vulnerable” leading man who was once optimistic but now is a cynical recluse, while Alison Fernandez (Jane the Virgin) will appear as a precocious 10-year-old with a “constant twinkle of mischief in her eye.”

Once debuted in fall of 2011 as one of that TV season’s highest-rated launches, but the fantasy drama’s numbers have steadily waned over the years, with this past Sunday’s Season 6B opener hitting series lows of 3 million viewers and a 0.9 demo rating.

Having heard from series creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis some “interesting” potential ideas for the future, ABC entertainment president Channing Dungey said in January, “Regardless of what we decide to do … I think [Adam and Eddy] would put a little bit of a bow here” — what she later called “closure in this particular narrative” — “and then there is a ‘next piece’ that comes after that. So they are trying to figure out what that [next piece] is and how that works.”

x

I can't say I'd be sad if Emilie was one of the actors who got to move on.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nor would I.

As a fan, I'm more than ready to move on from this era in Emilie's career.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I wish the show would be cancelled completely and my favorites - Emilie Colin - could be set free. ABC trying to reboot it reeks of desperation.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:56 PM
Tutor Girl

I can't say the same since I still love the show. But I do think that Emilie deserves to find a better work. I just don't know what more they can do with her character.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
But I do think that Emilie deserves to find a better work. I just don't know what more they can do with her character.
yea.
Admittedly I don't know all that's going on with her since I stopped watching in s3, but if it's her trying to encourage Rumpel still and that's all she does, it's tiring to see her go in circles.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
My old answer to that would’ve been the town-line one, too, where I push Rumple over the townline. […] But now, it is giving up Gideon to the Blue Fairy. That was - cause you know, I mean, giving away - having just had a child, and even if I hadn’t - giving your baby away. Yeah, tops the town-line.
— Emilie’s hardest scene to film
x
Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 AM
Tutor Girl

She's had some really great moments since S3, and she's not standing for Rumple's BS anymore and really stands up for herself. But now it's all about their son and what's happening with him.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Has Belle had lots of scenes with her adult son recently?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:35 AM
Tutor Girl

Not really individually, Rumple's there. They're son is trying to kill Emma.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Meaning if the rumors are true and JMO does not renew her contract, the writers will have Belle's son succeed.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Tutor Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Meaning if the rumors are true and JMO does not renew her contract, the writers will have Belle's son succeed.
I didn't even think of that! I don't think I can watch it without JMO. Emma is my favourite character!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

one of the reasons why I stopped watching was cause of JMO and Emma/Hook

Old 03-27-2017, 09:59 AM
Tutor Girl

I'm completely the opposite since they're my OUAT OTP But it's all good. Not everyone is going to like the same things
Old 04-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

Great pictures .