Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

do you have a list of all the eps she appeared in?
Old 10-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Copy and pasted. The episodes she's been in:

"The Demon Curupira" (episode # 1.6)
"The Umpatra" (episode # 1.7)
"Circle of Life" (episode # 1.9)
"Valhalla" (episode # 1.11)
"The Burning Forest" (episode # 1.18)
"Manlinks" (episode # 2.1)
"Iara" (episode # 2.2)
"White Tiger" (episode # 2.8)
"The Trial" (episode # 3.17)

The last one she was technically in.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks, Val. Now I know which ones I have left to tape.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

I know Beastmaster isn't a bastion of good acting but, man, that scene between the midget and Curupira is bad. Emilie has come a long long way.

And Grace Jones is something fierce. She is just too cool for school.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was watching the first ep she was in & the flashback scene where Dar is asking Curupira to give him the powers is so funny. I kept thinking to myself "wow! it's amazing how much Emilie has improved in acting"
Old 10-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

as bad as the acting was it's great to know how far she has come and how much more she can show us now...she was adorable with those cheeks...
Old 10-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I always liked the way her hair was done.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Woohoo! Widescreen! Now I've got to tape these episodes.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucy Pearl
I know Beastmaster isn't a bastion of good acting but, man, that scene between the midget and Curupira is bad. Emilie has come a long long way.
That was typical for Curupira in the series. Even some BM fans smirked about it, but the silliness with Ketzwayo the midget was somewhat intentional. Bear in mind that BM was written to appeal to a broad range of viewer ages, including young children, and Curupira was their favorite character. I think being precocious was more important for Emilie/Curupira that serious acting. In hindsight the bottom line was that Curupira was a perfect casting for Emilie - it gave a novice actress a chance to debut as a unique, outrageous-looking, eye-catching character. Evidently the Fox Entertainment execs that tripped over themselves trying to steal her away from BM for Roswell thought she "had the goods". (meaning they considered her more than just a pretty face.)

But I agree about BM acting in general. The main two characters were weak, IMO. They did have a few excellent ones, though. The Ancient One (Grahame Bond) and King Zad (Steven Grives) were both classically trained and they performed like real pros.

I'm with Mouse concerning Curupira's ball-on-a-stick hair. In fact, whoever came up with Curupira's appearance gets high marks for originality.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, I definitely see the campiness in the show and in that scene. How can it not be considering the "fight" between the two? I laughed the entire way through.

I just couldn't help but point out the badness of it.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sysadb
I'm with Mouse concerning Curupira's ball-on-a-stick hair. In fact, whoever came up with Curupira's appearance gets high marks for originality.
how did they ever get her hair like that? It can't be her real hair.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Extreme Fan

That is real hair and it can be done. Basically your twisting the hair into knots.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

oh boy. that must have been a pain in the butt to get out. Her hair looked so big though.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Late notice, but Emilie's Curupira is on Beastmaster today (SCI-FI at 5:00 EDT) in the eppy IARA (which introduces the demon who replaced her, sort of). Em's last Beastmaster eppy WHITE TIGER is on next Friday.

Denny
Old 10-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for the info Denny