Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

The Wettest Stories Ever Told - 4/23 Episode Discussion

From The Simpsons Archive

The Wettest Stories Ever Told
#HABF11

A dinner at the Frying Dutchman gone wrong turns into an excuse for another anthology show, this time with a nautical theme - Lisa tells about the Mayflower voyage, Bart tells about mutiny in Tahiti, and Homer tells about capsizing cruise ships
Old 04-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode looks very interesting from the preview. Any episode where the Simpsons do their own version of stories is always fun to watch.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Passionate Fan

It had some pretty funny parts, loved the last story when after they finally made it out of the boat, Homer was so surprised that the ship was upside down. And when Homer used the bathroom upside down and did the countdown to New Years even with all the dead people, haha.

Avy: pessimistreader
Old 04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

My favorite scene was when Homer was going to let go and warned Ned to catch him. I was expecting Homer to fall on Ned - instead we got Homer grabbing onto Ned's mustache. Ouch, yet so funny!

I wonder if it was purely coincidental that a remake of the Poseidon Adventure is being released soon. The episode even included Lisa singing A Morning After.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

When I first saw the title I was like "Okay...that doesn't sound right for some reason."

I only got to watch a few parts of it...particularly what Grilka menitoned when Homer was grabbing Ned's mustache
Old 04-25-2006, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

Good episode. Loved the last story Homer still celebrating New Years and counting down even though they were upside down and dead people everywhere. Also poor Ned when Homer was falling and grabbed onto Ned's moustache

Loved the scene in the second story where Skinner is getting mad at his crew and they kick him out and then he tells Willie to start singing and he also kicks him out and then Skinner is riding a turtle
Old 04-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_boogiepop
When I first saw the title I was like "Okay...that doesn't sound right for some reason."
I know - I did a double take when starting the thread.

And you would think that Skinner had learned his lesson after the mutiny. Even the turtle "abandoned" him.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

I loved seeing Skinner underwater and still arguing
Old 04-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar007

Loved the scene in the second story where Skinner is getting mad at his crew and they kick him out and then he tells Willie to start singing and he also kicks him out and then Skinner is riding a turtle
That was awesome!

Avy: pessimistreader