Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Treehouse of Horror XX - Episode Discussion

From The Simpsons Archive

Treehouse of Horror XX
Episode #LABF14

Bart and Lisa are involved in a murder; Moe's new microbrew makes people romantic, thanks to its secret ingredient - Homer's blood; when Krusty makes burgers with mad cow meat, it brings out Zombies!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed this year's TOH

Loved the opening with Dracula, The Wolf Man, Frankenstein, and The Mummy and how the bullies made fun of them for the "costumes" they were wearing because they were outdated and love the costumes they get and love how their wives come the party and get pissed at them for flirting with other women.

Really enjoyed the first story with Bart and Lisa, love that it was a parody on Alfred Hitchcock's films (huge fan of his work) loved the cameo that Hitchcock made (since he would always make a cameo in his films) loved the shoutout to the film Spellbound and the Dali dream sequence that was used

I also liked the second story where the people became zombies after eating the Krusty squared burgers The end where Bart was in the wooden tub with all the food and then when Lisa was handing him the bowl and he evil laughs

The third story was okay, it was my least favorite one. But it was great to see Kang and Kodos (though wish their cameo would have been longer).

Overall pretty good TOH this year, can't believe that this was TOH XX Also it was great to see it early this year before Halloween
Old 10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also liked this year`s TOH. It is the best one in the last few years. I`m going to go watch it again on Hulu later tonight.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

I think I liked Frankenstein's SpongeBob costume the best out of the four. It was hilarious that, even as monsters, they could still get in trouble with their wives.

Kang and Kodos' cameo was longer this year than last - it was easy to compare since they aired last year's and this year's back-to-back.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode, with the Hitchcock story as my favorite.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

The episode is airing again, this Sunday (11/8).
Old 11-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

I checked the programming today - Fox will not be re-airing the episode tonight. Seth MacFarlane has kidnapped the entire night.