Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thursdays with Abie - Episode Discussion

From The Simpsons Archive

Thursdays with Abie
Episode #MABF02

A story in the Springfield Shopper about how Grampa served on a battleship hit by a torpedo during World War II leads to another (by Tuesdays with Morrie author Mitch Albom, who voices himself), and soon Grampa is so famous - and Homer is jealous.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

It wasn't as good as the last episode. The plots were all over the place and really didn't make sense. Lisa was once again, not acting herself. I swear, its like she's not our Lisa. Maybe she was replaced by an evil clone or some thing, Bart had one in the earlyer seasons why not? LOL. I loved Bart though, he's seeming more and more like his classic self these days. While its great to see Abe again, it was one weird plot again. There were a few jokes I loved, such as Homer's brain working like a computer. Over all, it was an alright epiosde. Worse than the last episode, but meh.
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Chuck fan. Kyle XY fan.SmallVillefan.Harry Potter fan.
Peter fan girl.Zac Efron fan girl. P.J fan girl. Chuck fan girl.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

I was trying to watch it the same time as the Iron Chef America Super Battle and found myself ignoring the episode more frequentlly. The Larry the Lamb subplot was pretty straightforward. But I think Grampa telling the story and the storyline going all over the place was done on purpose. When he tends to ramble, he goes from one point to another not making any sense.

But still, the episode seemed more like a filler.