Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Tapped Out: Because We Just Can't Stop Tapping!!

Supporters:
1. r3tr0_gam3r

I decided to add this as a place for anyone who plays the game to come and chat about it and also to ask questions if you're struggling with anything. So, where are you in the game? I'm currently Level 22 and have reached the point where everything seems to be getting expensive now!
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!

I think you reached 10000 GOO before me I'm at level 35.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

LOL I tried the game once. I sucked.
Emily
Old 10-20-2013, 04:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilka (View Post)
Thanks for the thread!

I think you reached 10000 GOO before me I'm at level 35.
Yeah, I reached it a couple of days ago. Now there's no more prizes, just extra donuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb (View Post)
LOL I tried the game once. I sucked.
Aww, you should try again. Once you've played it for a while, you start to learn the important things, such as saving donuts and keeping your characters on missions as much as possible.
If you did decide to play again, I'd be happy to help with anything, as would the other people on here who play
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would love tips. I hate losing at stuff
Emily
Old 10-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

It helps a lot to keep your characters doing tasks, especially when trying to save money for buildings. You can do the 8 hr and 12 hr ones while you sleep. They'll be ready to start new tasks in the morning.

People who play can help you collect money and xp. They get money and xp out of it too. I don't post my ID publicly on any of the online Tapped Out forums, but I will lurk and pick and choose who I make as "friends".
Old 10-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Supreme Fan

Well Grilka, you beat me to it! Just what I was gonna say.

Also, about the 8/12 hr tasks, in the current Halloween version of the game, you can get 16hr tasks which will earn you the 'GOO' you need to unlock extras. Put these on in the evening and you can be in for a great reward when you wake up in the morning.

I believe they do similar things in the other themed versions of the games.

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

Another source of $$ is to buy the brown houses. They are cheap, and it only takes 5 minutes for them to earn money. It's not much, but if you have a lot of them, and you play often, it will pay off eventually. Once you earn more money, you can add purple or blue houses.

Don't bother using donuts to complete tasks quicker - that's a waste of donuts.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Another source of $$ is to buy the brown houses. They are cheap, and it only takes 5 minutes for them to earn money. It's not much, but if you have a lot of them, and you play often, it will pay off eventually. Once you earn more money, you can add purple or blue houses.
I have 27 brown houses! They don't get you a lot compared to the other houses, but they're cheaper so you earn your money back very quickly. This means you can start with a few and slowly build more to earn more each time.

Quote:
Don't bother using donuts to complete tasks quicker - that's a waste of donuts.
This is very true. They don't come along much in the game and are not cheap to buy extras (if you wish to pay for them).

Another good tip, is to try to improve your Conform-o-meter. This is the thing which gives a rating to how you're town is doing in certain categories (Gluttony- have places to eat, Consumerism- have shops, Vanity-Have decorations are some of the categories). As your level improves here, you will start to earn a small amount more on each of your buildings money and XP. It's not a huge amount, but every little bit helps

EDIT: I forgot to say, one way to improve your Conform-o-meter rating, is to buy some of the cheaper decrations, and the previously mentioned brown houses. Some of the categories will be hard to improve early on (I had trouble with the 'obedience' rating, as you need to build pubic buildings, but cannot do this in the first few levels), and you will notice that when you expand your Springfield, some of the ratings may go down, as your town is bigger and so needs more.

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yesterday I won 5 Donuts from the Krustyland balloon thing. Since KL has started I had not won any from that. When I saw that I won donuts I had completely forgot that was even possible.

I have really been playing so much since the halloween update. And I think what keeps me going is just how easy it has been to find random donuts. I visited a few towns today but the past few days I have really slowed down a lot. I needed a little break from it all.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieVillain (View Post)
Yesterday I won 5 Donuts from the Krustyland balloon thing. Since KL has started I had not won any from that. When I saw that I won donuts I had completely forgot that was even possible.

I have really been playing so much since the halloween update. And I think what keeps me going is just how easy it has been to find random donuts. I visited a few towns today but the past few days I have really slowed down a lot. I needed a little break from it all.
I tend to find that I will win a few donuts either at once or over the course of a few days, then don't win any more for a while.

I started playing again just before the Halloween edition came out. I'm so addicted to it now! I visit all my friends towns every day, which helps to boost your XP and, in the Halloween game, your GOO. I've slowed down a little bit too the last couple of days.

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

We should be getting the next community prize soon!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieVillain (View Post)
We should be getting the next community prize soon!
Not long to go now! We'll probably have enough by tonight or tomorrow morning.

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

I've been tapping on the Frog Prince. He throws up then says something to me, like, "Stop it".
Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I've been tapping on the Frog Prince. He throws up then says something to me, like, "Stop it".
Yeah, he has several different quotes. He just said to me "Hey, I don't tap you, and you're no looker yourself." Cheeky! Still got quite a way to go to the next one.

The Simpsons Board