Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

"Specs and the City" - Episode Discussion

From The Simpsons Archive

Specs and the City
Episode SABF06

Homer's new glasses, which Mr. Burns gave all of the nuclear plant workers so he could spy on them, show Marge talking to a marriage counselor; when Bart gives everyone in his class except Nelson a valentine, Nelson demands the "best present ever" or Bart will have the worst Matt Groening's Birthday (that's February 15) ever.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Two of my favorite scenes:
- Homer and either Carl or Lenny look up to the sky/clouds with their goggles and it looks like the intro.
- Carl is paging through info and slaps Homer has he's making the paging motion.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilka (View Post)
Two of my favorite scenes:
- Homer and either Carl or Lenny look up to the sky/clouds with their goggles and it looks like the intro.
- Carl is paging through info and slaps Homer has he's making the paging motion.
Haha, yeah both these made me chuckle too. I think it was Lenny who didn't realise Homer is a 'Simpson' not 'Simpsan'.

Another thing, does anyone know if the couch gag has been used in an episode before? I ask because here in UK, before The Simpsons are shown on Channel 4, they show the same scene. However, it is shorter and Homer is outside, he sits in the hammock and the beers fly up onto the wires (rather than Bart playing a prank) which then causes the town lights to flash on and off, creating the Channel 4 logo. They've been showing this for quite a while and so I wondered if it was reused for the episode or if it was used in a previous episode and then recycled as the TV intro.
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
Old 06-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

The episode is re-airing this Sunday (6/22) as part of a double feature.