Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

Sleeping With The Enemy - 11/21 Episode Discussion- Repeat Ep. for 1/23

From The Simpsons Archive

Sleeping With the Enemy
FABF19

Bart has a new roommate - Nelson, who is taken in by Marge when she feels her own kids are ignoring her; Lisa lets schoolyard teasing get to her physically
Old 11-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

From the offical website.

Feeling unappreciated, Marge takes in school bully Nelson Muntz. Horrified Nelson is under the same roof, Bart tries to reunite the Muntzes. It’s an all new episode of The Simpsons Sunday Nov 21 8/7c

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 11-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Watching it now.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:19 AM
Elite Fan

I have caps ready, but I'll hold off until there's more discussion.

I thought the couch gag was funny -- terrible they got crushed, but funny.

My favorite scene was at Bart's party when they were playing Duck Duck Goose. Poor Ralph.

I really didn't like Nelson's mom. She seemed like a skank and a half. It was good that Marge became a mother figure to him.

Lisa's weight issue -- it's interesting that they left her feelings of inadequacy open ended. I'm sort of glad Nelson helped her get back at Sherry and Terry for their teasing.

My two favorite quotes from the episode:

Ralph: Bart's my bestest boyfriend!
Marge: Go home to your son Mrs. Muntz. And try not to have intercourse on the way!
Old 11-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

I was so getting into last night's episode. I couldn't help but cheer for Marge when she told Nelson's mom off. His mom was pure nasty--did you notice before Marge made that comment about 'intercourse', her (not Marge) underwear fell down to her ankles.

I felt bad that the twins were making fun of Lisa. But I couldn't help but chuckle when Homer was talking about how sexy he was and when he put that jacket around his waist to dimish his butt but it just made it look bigger. He was actually kind of funny.

Old 11-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

For the most part, I enjoyed it. Not as good as the premiere, but that's to be expected. I liked the Bart and Nelson scenes, and the Lisa's eating disorder was interesting, but I think they went way way too far with the cake scene. That was so wrong!

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 11-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

That cake scene was kind of weird. I figured she'd just eat it but she got all up in it. And I use the term literally.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Elite Fan

The episode starts off with Lisa making a hopscotch from hell.

After she completes the design, the other girls pick up their pebbles. Lisa, who's standing in front of them, bends down to pick up her pebble. The other girls comment that Lisa has a big butt.

She tells Homer what happened at school. He reassures her that it's the Simpson butt. He goes on to draw himself using circles. Then Homer shows her a trick -- to downsize his butt, he puts a sweater around his waist.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

By this time, Bart has come home all happy. He got a 100 on his test, and Homer promised that if he brought home 100, Bart could have a party. Bart shows him the test, but Homer doesn't believe it. He examines it thoroughly. They even go see Ms. Krabappel to verify he did get a 100. She confirms this, but everyone in the class also got a 100. She forgot to roll up the map before handing out the test. So Bart gets a party.

Lisa goes shopping at Sax Fifth Grade, maybe a new outfit will make her look thinner. The store makes her feel worse about her self image.

She finds a mirror -- she doesn't look so bad. Then she sees an image of herself being heavy years later.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:11 AM
Elite Fan

Bart is all excited about having a party, but becomes disappointed when the party consists of Aunt Patty, Aunt Selma, Grandma Bouvier, Grampa Simpson, Ralph, and Martin. Milhouse has the measles, so he's on speakerphone. Party games consist of drawing President Eisenhower and playing Duck Duck Goose. Ralph can't quite understand the concept, and gets yelled at for turning Duck Duck Goose into a marathon.

Bart says it's the worst party ever. Marge feels terrible, but maybe Lisa can help save the party. She offers Lisa a piece of cake. Lisa's already weight conscience and leaves the room crying. Everyone disperses except for Milhouse who came back on speakerphone. Then Ralph comes in playing Duck Duck Goose by himself.

The following day, Marge drops off the kids at school. She mentions that after school they can all go to the zoo. Both Lisa and Bart don't feel like hanging out with their mom, so she goes with Maggie. That's where they find Nelson, eating tadpoles from the fountain. She offers him the lunch that Lisa didn't want to eat.

She ends up driving him home to the run down side of Springfield. Nelson comes home to find his mom with a new suitor -- Moe.

Marge offers to take the kids bowling, but they refuse. Feeling unappreciated, she takes Nelson. The maternal instinct kicks in. Nelson tells her about how his dad left. He went for a pack of cigarettes and never came back. Marge gives Nelson the opportunity to earn money by doing odd jobs around the house. He agrees to it.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

Still obsessed with being thin, Lisa works out at the playground. Sherry and Terry continue to tease her about her butt.

Lisa and Bart walk home to find Nelson mowing their lawn. Marge pays him for doing a great job. During dinner, they hear the doorbell ring. Marge answers it -- it's Mrs. Muntz. She throws the money at Marge, saying they didn't want her charity. Marge says she didn't give Nelson charity, she gave him self-respect. "Self respect...", Mrs. Muntz says, "No wonder he came home with his vest all buttoned, like he was somebody." then her underwear falls to the ground. This is when Marge says, "Go home to your son Mrs. Muntz. And try not to have intercourse on the way!" The family is shocked.

Later in the evening, Nelson returns to the Simpson house. His mom decided to go to Hollywood to become an actress. Marge takes him into their home. Bart now has a roommate.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:56 AM
Elite Fan

The next morning, Bart is trying to reason with Marge. Marge makes some analogy about Tootsie Pops, then says to be good to Nelson. Bart doesn't appreciate the pancakes his mom made, so Nelson makes him eat them.

It's the second night Nelson's stayed over. Bart hears a noise downstairs -- Nelson is singing Streisand. I think it's from the movie Yentl.

Bart then hears another noise - it's coming from the kitchen. Lisa tests herself whether she's conquered food. She winds up going crazy on the cake.

Nelson goes into the kitchen and finds Lisa rolling around on the cake. He asks her if she still feels insecure about her weight. He understands -- he had a sister who had the same problem. He has a solution to her problem.

Nelson gives Sherry and Terry a box of "stollen cookies". When they open it up....

The schoolkids start making fun of Sherry and Terry for stinking. Lisa thanks Nelson.

When the two of them arrive home, Nelson is shocked to see his father.

It turned out that Mr. Muntz had bought a candy bar in addition to the pack of cigarettes. The candy bar had nuts in it. He had an allergic reaction to it. When he ran outside, he ran into a circus troop that was just coming into town. They locked him up, displaying him as the freak show. And that's where Bart found Mr. Muntz. He found Mr. Muntz so Nelson wouldn't have to live with them.

Mr. Muntz tells Nelson he wants to give him a home. Then Mrs. Muntz appears, also wanting to give Nelson a home. They're back to being a family again.

Marge learns that sometimes you have to adopt your son's bully to bring the family closer. When asked what she learned, Lisa responds with "nothing". She still has a weight obsession. Homer wants a resolution, a happy ending, but Lisa says the problem is open ended.

The End.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Total Fan

Grilka-Thanks for the screen shots and recap. I missed the last couple of minutes because my tv cut off.

I felt so bad for Nelson. His mother was awful to him and I was glad to see Marge take him under her wing. It was great when Bart and him where at the breakfast table and he forced Bart to eat all the pancakes.

I also liked Lisa's weight issues and I like that fact that in the end she still was unhappy. Also it was sweet of Nelson to get back at the twins for Lisa.

icon by

Sarah
Old 11-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the caps Cyn. I missed the ep b/c of work.

I hate Sherri and Terri. They remind me so much of girls I went to school with. I guess that's the point.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Grilka- thanks for the picture summary

I liked this episode, I was laughing in the part where Lisa goes into the clothing store and sees the fashion show on the tv and then you see the girl model turn around and see just disappears and then after she turns and is walking away you see her

When Lisa sees herself in the mirror and then Milhouse is next to her

Loved Marge in this ep, and loved it when she told Nelson's mom off by saying to not have intercourse on her way back You go Marge!

It was cool to see a Nelson centric episode.

Loved the part where Ralph was playing Duck Duck Duck Goose, and he kept saying Duck..... over and over again