Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2005, 03:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Simpson Slip-ups #1 Because Podies Nerfect

I just thought this would be an interesting topic.. particuarly for people like me who like pointing out when a TV show makes mistakes I don't know if this thread has been opened or not before so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

So what slip-ups (or mistakes, goofs, blunders, ect) have you noticed? I've listed a few below to get the ball running. I know some of them probably don't really matter but I thought I'd show you how incredibly mad I am in noticing them..

#1. In one episode, Marge is telling the story of how she got pregnant with Maggie. She tells how Homer chucked a girly fit when he finally found out and ran upstairs, ripping out his hair in the process. When Bart asks about it, Homer says it was just that one time but Marge says there was also the time she got pregnant with Bart and then the time when she told him about being pregnant again with Lisa... Now, the slip-up here is that in the flashback/s, it shows Homer finding out about ALL the pregnancies at their current address... when in ANOTHER episode, apparently Homer found out Marge was pregnant with Lisa when they lived in some apartment in a different part of Springfield!

#2. In the Simpson and son episode, Homer overparents the kids briefly until they tell him his overparenting can be 'scary.' He then says they'll one day thank him for it and then says he now has to do some serious drinking. Now, I'm fairly sure that they show him driving off in one car, but later on when he arrives outside his old house, he's in another.

#3. When Lisa enters a little miss Springfield pagent, in the scene where she is announced to be the runner up, we change between two different camera shots. In the first, all the other contestants are still behind her. But then suddenly when the angle changes, they are gone. Then we move back, and they're there again!

#4. In one episode, they all go to some beer place (Homer tricks them into going there) and there is a cage thingo with wire for the designated driver. Milhouse's dad Kirk is in there. But then later, he's out in the crowd in a scene with a bartender comp. Then I'm fairly sure when Marge is retrieved, he's still in the cage!

Anyone have anything to add? I can think of more but will add them later..
Old 04-24-2005, 06:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Great idea for a thread!!!!! I can't think of any off the top of my head, I'll have to think about it and post some later!

Avy: pessimistreader
Old 04-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Great topic ramsey

I have one it's about when the Nuclear Power Plant opened and how Homer got his job. Like the episode where Homer is going to marry Marge so he gets a job at the plant and then in some other episode where Homer is in high school and they are opening the plant and he decides to get a job.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Krusty's middle name is Schmoikel. I can't remember which episode revealed that info. But in "Today I Am a Klown", he had a different middle name.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oooh those are good ones

I've got another one. It's funny because my mum thought of this one a while back (proves she notices stuff that even I don't and I'm just about as obsessed as one can get lol) In one episode, one with 22 (?) short stories about Springfield, Smithers says he's allerged to bees. Mr Burns says, "AND?" And he adds, "They cause me to... die." If this is this so. Later on, Burns sells the plant to Germans, he introduces Smithers to his 'gang' of bees. Smithers' very calmly says, "We should go, sir, there are several bees stinging me." Um.... won't you die?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Good ones

I can't think of one right now
Old 04-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this thread ramsey.

One that I noticed today when I was watching The Simpsons was when the family was at that sushi place and after three sushis, as Homer eats his fourth one, he endlessly stuffs his mouth with sushi, without cleaning the plate.

This was the episode when Homer apparently ate the poisonous part of the blowfish and had 24 hours to live.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Can't wait to see these episodes again, so I can catch these things.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I found this on a website- I remember noticing this too

Quote:
One of the biggest bloopers to ever be aired on "The Simpsons" appeared in "Homer's Odyssey." During production of this episode, Smithers was painted a dark color, almost black, rather than yellow. The mistake was entirely the fault of Klasky-Csupo, the animation company.

In the fourth season, the production company that animates "The Simpsons," changed to Film Roman.

Old 04-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I remember noticing that also
Old 04-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Passionate Fan

I just thought of something that I noticed during one of the episodes this season. When Lisa gets the restraining order against Bart, and Bart has to live in the backyard.... since when did their backyard become a huge forest? LOL!

Old 04-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

I know

Also from this season, remember the huge kitchen Marge got?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar007
Also from this season, remember the huge kitchen Marge got?
Yes, I remember that
Old 05-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

In the back of one of the Simpsons' comics I own, (the part where fans write in) someone pointed out a possible mistake to do with Mangula's age... I found that interesting.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

ramsey, interesting so do you know what age she's supposed to be? Or they didn't mention it in the comic.

How old is Manjula supposed to be anyway?