Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Supreme Fan

Season 25 - Finally, The Simpsons are on TV again! (Warning: Spoilers Inside)

Season 25 is here and I noticed that Seasons 16 and 22 had a thread to discuss episodes, so I thought I'd set this one up to discuss anything to do with S25.

So here is a list of all the episodes which we know are coming. I will try to remember to edit this each week, as at the moment, only two episodes have confirmed dates. One of which was this weeks one.

September 29 - 01 Homerland
October 6 - TOH XXIV

TOH Story titles:

Oh the Places You'll D'oh In an homage to Dr. Seuss, Homer rides around Springfield wreaking havoc as "The Fat in the Hat".
Dead and Shoulders After Bart is decapitated during a kite accident, his head is attached to Lisa's body and the two must live together as one.
Freaks no Geeks In a parody of the movie Freaks, Homer and Marge are performers in Mr. Burns' traveling circus The Burnsum and Bailey Circus, which stops in Springfieldland in the 1930s - and things go awry when circus freak Moe comes on to Marge

Other episode titles:

The Man Who Came to Be Dinner
Four Regrettings and a Funeral
White Christmas Blues
Labor Pains
Brick Like Me
Yolo
Steal This Episode
The Winter of His Content
The War of Art
What to Expect When Bart's Expecting
Simpsorama

Any thoughts on what might happen in these episodes from their titles?
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board

Last edited by r3tr0_gam3r; 10-01-2013 at 12:31 PM
Old 09-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Man Who Came to Be Dinner is the episode where the family blast off into outer space and meet Kang and Kodos. It was originally meant to be last season's finale, but got replaced by Dangers on a Train.

Four Regrettings and a Funeral is about Kent Brockman getting an offer to work at Fox News, and he starts to wonder if local TV has been a bad career decision for him.

In Labor Pains, Homer helps deliver the baby of a woman he meets in an elevator. He starts visiting the children and ends up paying more attention to them than to his own, which makes Marge angry.

Steal This Episode has Homer get hunted down by an FBI agent when he downloads a pirated movie online.

Simpsorama is the Futurama crossover episode, where Bender goes back in time to try and kill Bart so he won't ruin the future. This episode has Lauren Tom's name on the script-book, so it is confirmed that Amy, presumably along with the rest of the Planet Express crew, will appear as well.

Speculation:

YOLO will be the Judd Apatow episode, where Homer gets hypnotized into thinking he is a 10-year-old boy.

The Winter of His Content will be the episode where Comic Book Guy gets married and Stan Lee appears. I think this because in a tweet about the episode, Al Jean said that Hank Azaria, the voice of CBG, "acted his heart out", which implies a major role in the episode for one of his characters.

Other episode titles:

Days of Future Future
Yellow Subterfuge
Diggs
Married to the Blob
I Only Have My Eyes For You
The Man Who Grew Too Much
You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee
Luca$
The Kid is Alright

Other episode plots:

There will be an episode where Lisa befriends a chubby boy who wants to be a champion eater. This makes Marge worried that she will grow up to marry a boy like Homer, which in turn makes Homer offended that she is worried about it.

There will be a very musical episode.

There will be an episode where a character, with an Emmy-winning voice actor, will pass away. This may or may not be Homer, who is already confirmed to die in the episode "Days of Future Future".

More to come...
Old 09-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

A new girl called Isabel, whose political views sharply contrast Lisa's, joins Springfield Elementary.

Lisa becomes a cheerleader.

Homer sells his stock in Mapple for a bowling ball.

Marge starts to wonder if her and the music of KISS is the cause for Bart's bad behavior.

In the "Days of Future Future" episode, Homer dies and becomes a hologram, while Bart aims to get his revenge on Jenda (his girfriend from "Future-Drama"), Total Recall-style, for dumping him in favour of a crab-like alien creature.

Could this be Zoidberg? It is unlikely that he would appear twice in the same season, but it is possible.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Wow! That's a lot of information to take in at once. Thanks

Reading through it, there are some interesting stories. For example, what would attract Lisa to that chubby boy? I guess he's probably not a vegetarian and she doesn't like it, so therefore, she decides she's going to change him.

I am sooo excited for the Futurama crossover, I can't even explain!
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
Old 09-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for opening! So far the first episode wasn't the best, but that means it can only go up from here, right!?

Quote:
Oh the Places You'll D'oh In an homage to Dr. Seuss, Homer rides around Springfield wreaking havoc as "The Fat in the Hat".
Dead and Shoulders After Bart is decapitated during a kite accident, his head is attached to Lisa's body and the two must live together as one.
Freaks no Geeks In a parody of the movie Freaks, Homer and Marge are performers in Mr. Burns' traveling circus The Burnsum and Bailey Circus, which stops in Springfieldland in the 1930s - and things go awry when circus freak Moe comes on to Marge
The TOH this year sounds great! Especially Dead And Shoulders. Can't wait!

Quote:
The Man Who Came to Be Dinner is the episode where the family blast off into outer space and meet Kang and Kodos.
This sounds interesting!

Quote:
He starts visiting the children and ends up paying more attention to them than to his own
This sounds similar to when Homer started a daycare.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerely, Me. (View Post)
Thanks for opening! So far the first episode wasn't the best, but that means it can only go up from here, right!?

The TOH this year sounds great! Especially Dead And Shoulders. Can't wait!
Yeah, things can only get better! Also, that episode made me think of the TOH II where Homer had Mr Burns' head attached to his neck.

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
This sounds similar to when Homer started a daycare.
That's exactly what I thought. Except in this episode it's Marge who's angry, not Bart and Lisa.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

They could do a few episodes that aren't about the Simpsons. Maybe Milhouse becomes jealous of a boy at school who Lisa has a crush on, and tries to get his revenge on him. Or maybe the new Fat Tony would have to adopt Michael, the old one's son, and he'd have to balance mob work with being a father.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Don't (View Post)
They could do a few episodes that aren't about the Simpsons. Maybe Milhouse becomes jealous of a boy at school who Lisa has a crush on, and tries to get his revenge on him. Or maybe the new Fat Tony would have to adopt Michael, the old one's son, and he'd have to balance mob work with being a father.
I completely agree! They did one in season 7 '22 Short Films About Springfield', which was about different stories concerning characters from around the town. I think this would work even better if they did it like a normal episode, with one main episode centered around another character and then a side story with a Simpson character (as it is usually the other way around).

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See, I would disagree since the episodes that are more centred around secondary characters are usually my least favourites. I don't think I like any of the secondary characters as much as The Simpsons to be interested enough. Nelson, Ned and Sideshow Bob are probably the closest for me.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
See, I would disagree since the episodes that are more centred around secondary characters are usually my least favourites. I don't think I like any of the secondary characters as much as The Simpsons to be interested enough. Nelson, Ned and Sideshow Bob are probably the closest for me.
Fair point, though I would like to see them give it a go, as I find 22 Short Films has too many stories stuck into one episode. I think it would be good to have one main story.

It's just been announced that they are working on an episode where a main character will pass away. Check it out >>Click Here<<
What are your thoughts? In the list of possibilities, they mention Homer, but I'm sure we'll all agree that's not going to happen!

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I read that a while ago. I think it's Homer, because he's already be confirmed to die in the upcoming "Days of Future Future", which is set in the future obviously.

The Comic Book Guy-gets-married episode sounds fun. I wonder how they could integrate the Simpsons into it? Apparently Homer is going to try and break the two up, but that sounds forced to me. If a Simpson character had to be involved, it'd be Bart, imo.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wonder if he gets married to someone we have seen before or a new character? Seems weird either way though.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Maybe they will bring back one of his previous relationships with Mrs Skinner or Edna?

The Simpsons Board
Old 10-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

He's getting married to a Japanese anime fan.