Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-23-2017, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

After plenty of contemplation, I think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. I would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let me know what you think. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

Thanks.
Cynthia aka Grilka
Old 05-26-2017, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be really sad to see this board go. But I understand the need to close it down. My laptop died recently so I haven't been able to post on FF like I used to. And even then it's not like we had a lot of regular posters to post with. I'll respect whatever decision you come to, Cynthia. You've done a wonderful job of modding this board all these years.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Pia, and thanks for posting

Nothing is set in stone yet. This is meant to be an open discussion about the possibility of closing.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry I can't be here as often as I'd like. Sometimes I only have time for my own boards. I do love posting here though when I can. I will respect whatever you decision you come to!
Old 05-27-2017, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I randomly decided to log on today, and I'm very saddened to see this.. but I knew I had to post - maybe for the last time - to show my appreciation. As the only board I had ever modded on FF, The Simpsons Board and all of it's lovely posters will always hold a dear place in my heart. & Even though I don't have time to post anymore, I still find myself thinking about this place and the wonderful memories I've made with so many of you!

Whatever you choose to do it will be the right decision. This board has the ability to bounce back from anything (especially with the show still on!) but it's also had a great run! You should all be proud of yourselves for contributing to one of the longest running boards on FF!

Cynthia, I truly hope all is well with you! You have been with this board through thick and thin and you've always done a wonderful job at moderating! Be very proud of yourself for getting to this point!

I know I will keep watching the show for years to come, and in doing so I will always be reminded of my fond memories here at the board. Cheers guys!

Old 05-28-2017, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome back Crystal! I'll send a PM with how things are going with me.

I'd like to give a shout out to all the regular and non-regular posters through the years who were posting warriors when this board was on the Low Post Count List....multiple times. My "Thanks everyone" is not enough thanks for the help in keeping this board going. I will forever be grateful for your effort.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're a warrior Cyn!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Update: I've spent the last hour and a half reviving the first SIX pages of the board. So.. if anyone is willing to put in a little time to save the board, it's still possible.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerely, Me. (View Post)
You should all be proud of yourselves for contributing to one of the longest running boards on FF!

Cynthia, I truly hope all is well with you! You have been with this board through thick and thin and you've always done a wonderful job at moderating! Be very proud of yourself for getting to this point!
I'll second that. This board has had a great run at and Cynthia has done a wonderful job keeping it going all these years.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Pia, Crystal, Chris, and all the moderators and posters who helped keep this board survive. But it is with great sadness that I must officially announce the board will be closing soon.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm saddened by this news but I understand. I'll miss this board very much. I've posted off and on this board for years. Fandoms come and go, but I've been a Simpsons fan for most of my life, and will probably remain one forever.

Cynthia, I can't stress enough how grateful I am to you for keeping my favorite board on FF running so smoothly all these years.

Also, I'm very proud of this board and everyone who's contributed to it. We actually haven't been on the low post list for awhile. And we're leaving on a high note, IMO.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cynthia you did an amazing job .
Emily