Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

O Brother, Where Bart Thou? - Episode Discussion

From The Simpsons Archive

O Brother, Where Bart Thou?
Episode #MABF01

Bart, annoyed that Lisa has a sibling of the same sex, tries to get a brother, but, after asking Homer for help, decides to look for himself...at an orphanage.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

This episode sounds interesting...I always love Bart and Lisa episodes
Old 12-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

I'd wonder if Bart would want a sibling just like him or totally opposite so he doesn't have competition.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Hmm that's a good question...I'm leaning towards the second one where he would be his total opposite. That way the sibling would look up to Bart and think he was the greatest brother ever

Btw, saw the promo for the ep last night on TV and they just showed like it's a Christmas themed ep...really didn't see anything with what the episode is about
Old 12-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Overall I enjoyed the episode. It had a little bit of everything: Lisa/Homer, Bart/Homer, Lisa/Bart, a couple scenes with the bulllies, a few Nelson moments, parodies of Sex and the City and South Park, and a lot of guest stars.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

It was a good episode, I enjoyed it as well. Love that we got a little bit of everything.

Loved how Bart wanted his parents to do it, so he could get a baby brother...love the scene where he made the dessert for them but they were too full to do it

It was funny seeing Bart's dream with all the brothers

I loved that scene where Bart imagined he has another sister and then he's just carrying all their stuff that they bought

Nelson eating the birth control pills and getting/being all emotional
Old 12-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also really loved last night`s episode. Like it has been mentioned, it had a lot of everything in it. Nelson really stole the episode when he ate those birth control pills and was getting all emotional. That was so funny.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

It was funny that Nelson was becoming more emotional as he kept eating the "mints", but it was similar to a Family Guy episode where Peter took a gender sensitivity class.

Was the scene where the bullies were sitting on a drain pipe a parody of another movie?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ok been a while for me. I have to say this was the best of the season. I've never laughed so hard at a Simpsons episode for a while. I felt bad for Bart too, I've been there before where I wanted a little brother but now I'm like eh. Is it me or have Bart episodes been really good this season?
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Chuck fan. Kyle XY fan.SmallVillefan.Harry Potter fan.
Peter fan girl.Zac Efron fan girl. P.J fan girl. Chuck fan girl.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

I think Bart has more depth, if that makes sense.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

No, it makes sense. In the reccent Bart episodes he's been feeling emotion towards others and yet seems to be getting back to his classic self. I'm really starting to like Bart again this season and liking Lisa less and less, she's become a real bitch >>
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

What I also liked about this episode was callbacks to previous episodes. Bart was modelling the vest that Nelson gave him. The kids were trapped in the snowbank when Barney, the Plow King, was clearing the snow.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Wow, your right. The only thing I noticed was the Plow King, good eye.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

It caught my eye because we don't see Barney as much, let alone that he's the Plow King.

No one's talked about how the three kids escaped getting snowed in...
Old 12-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar007 (View Post)

Nelson eating the birth control pills and getting/being all emotional
I think that was my fav part of the epi, though I really liked the epi as a whole.
//JOIN SoA//SHAMELESS