Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
New Fan

Need help finding a specific episode/scene? Here's the place to ask!

I've been searching for a specific episode, but I can't seem to find it. I can't remember the episode, but I do remember Marge trying to start her car, only to make ignition noises when it wouldn't start. Can anyone name this episode?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Supreme Fan

The episode was 'Homer The Heretic' from Season 4. Homer is at home as he has stopped going to church and Marge struggles to start the car. Lisa then starts giving her tips on what to do and ends up annoying her.

Hope this has helped, it took me a few minutes to remember it and I know how annoying it can be when you can't remember where these quotes come from!

EDIT: Just thought I'd add, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board

Last edited by r3tr0_gam3r; 03-06-2013 at 02:45 PM
Old 03-06-2013, 03:28 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the greeting and thorough explanation!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridrain (View Post)
Thanks for the greeting and thorough explanation!
You're welcome
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM
New Fan

Simpsons ice sculpture

There is an episode that starts with a party/celebration in the garden and they have an ice sculpture. I believe it is either Bart or homer that lick the sculpture and get stick to it. Any ideas which episode it is????

Thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Supreme Fan

Not sure if this is the right one, but it's all I can think of at the moment. In the episode "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge", Homer gets his tongue stuck to the ice sculpture at Otto's wedding. However, this isn't from the beginning of an episode.

The Simpsons Board
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3tr0_gam3r (View Post)
Not sure if this is the right one, but it's all I can think of at the moment. In the episode "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge", Homer gets his tongue stuck to the ice sculpture at Otto's wedding. However, this isn't from the beginning of an episode.
That sounds like the one! Maybe I just missed the beginning.
Thank you!
I'm off to hunt for it.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Supreme Fan

You're welcome, let me know if it is the right one!

The Simpsons Board
Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
You're welcome, let me know if it is the right one!
Yes that is it!

Thank you so much!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:21 AM
New Fan

Simpsons trivia?

In the Simpsons Navy episode, who/what reminds Homer that he has Bart's earring to plug the hole in the sub?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuwiz_mark (View Post)
In the Simpsons Navy episode, who/what reminds Homer that he has Bart's earring to plug the hole in the sub?
Bart does in Homers mind, as he is thinking of the family.

The Simpsons Board
Old 04-02-2013, 07:26 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Bart does in Homers mind, as he is thinking of the family.
Do you remember how this happens in the episode? When you say he is thinking of his family, is he actually picturing his family in his head? What makes him do that?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Do you remember how this happens in the episode? When you say he is thinking of his family, is he actually picturing his family in his head? What makes him do that?
He is thinking of them, picturing in his head. If I remember right, it is because there is the hole in the sub and Homer thinks he is never going to see them again. Then, the Bart in his memory kinda points to the earring, saying "Sparkle, Sparkle", Homer seems mad at first then Bart points out that he has the earring so he could use it to plug the hole.

Not sure I've got that completely right, but it's been a while since I saw that episode.

The Simpsons Board
Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
He is thinking of them, picturing in his head. If I remember right, it is because there is the hole in the sub and Homer thinks he is never going to see them again. Then, the Bart in his memory kinda points to the earring, saying "Sparkle, Sparkle", Homer seems mad at first then Bart points out that he has the earring so he could use it to plug the hole.

Not sure I've got that completely right, but it's been a while since I saw that episode.
Yeah, that sounds exactly right, thanks a lot for your help!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that sounds exactly right, thanks a lot for your help!
You're welcome.

Also, I have just merged this with two similar, recent threads, as I thought we could use this one for any other questions people may have regarding a particular scene/episode.

The Simpsons Board

Last edited by r3tr0_gam3r; 04-02-2013 at 02:01 PM