Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

MoneyBART (10/10) - Episode Discussion

From The Simpsons Archive:

MoneyBART

Bart's Little League team makes it to the championship game, but Bart won't be playing after an argument with the team's new coach - Lisa, who is under the impression that she can never have too many extracurriculars to put on her Ivy League applications.

Here's another description from Yahoo TV

Lisa coaches Bart's Little League team to beef up her extracurricular-activities resumé, but her academic approach to the game takes some of the fun out of it for Bart. Baseball great Mike Scioscia and statistician Bill James have voice cameos.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I caught tonight`s episode and thought it was a good Bart/Lisa episode. I loved when Homer mimic Marge at the dinner table. Also i have to say that TPTB are a bit late doing an episode on baseball stat geeks IMO.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

After freaking out about my grad school applications all yesterday afternoon, I completely forgot it was Sunday and I missed the episode when it aired. Hopefully I'll get to watch it on hulu today, but glad to read a positive response!

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 10-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Still haven't seen the episode, but I did see the couch gag...what did you guys think of it?
Old 10-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't see the episode either, but I read this today on E! Online.
Harry Potter vs. Twilight: Simpsons Edition - E! Online

The title sequence is mentioned in the last two paragraphs.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I watched the episode on Sunday, although I actually missed came in just a little late and caught only about half of the couch gag. Watched it yesterday, and thought it was definitely distinctive and unique if not the funniest thing the show has ever done. Glad they did it, though. They really have stepped up the couch gags in the last couple seasons.

As for the episode itself, it might have been a little too inside baseball for some (starting with the title, which I saw some people asking about on other boards), but for me, a huge baseball fan, it proved to be one of my favorite episodes in recent seasons.

Lots of great quotes and moments, including:

"Last time I stepped on a baseball field, I got tased"

"That's a problem for future Homer. Man, I don't envy that guy." He then proceeds to mix vodka and mayonnaise and after taking a drink from it, falls over shuttering.

"Son, how would you like to spend the summer building model boats by hand, with master craftsmen"
"How would you like to kiss my ass?"

"I made baseball as much fun as doing your taxes."

"We're brother and sister"
"So are my parents. I think" (That one's an instant classic )

"I caught a white apple"

"Woohoo! Underpants dinner!"

"Boys don't have feelings, they have muscles."

"Bart, I need you. Ralph is too juiced"
"I didn't know what I was putting in my body"

“That’s why anyone who invested with Lenny Dykstra really should call that number, lawyers are standing by."

"Now to begin my off-season job, follow home robberies. I'll see you in the parking lot, but you won't see me until it's too late."

Maggie destroying Lisa in fencing.

Homer mimicking Marge's groan at dinner.

The great call back with Mike Scioscia to Homer at the Bat. The picture of Marge, Bart and Scioscia making their wacky faces in the background after they got off the roller coaster.

The sweet ending with Lisa and Bart ("you're a great brother, 51 % of the time"). That's what makes the Simpsons so much better than other shows. Not only do they have the comedy, but they've got the heart. And moments like that between Bart and Lisa will never not be sweet.

All that said, this is the third episode in a row to start the season that focuses on Lisa (or in this case her and Bart), perhaps we can get some focus on another character for the next new episode?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 10-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ Thanks for posting all the great quotes and moments!

I loved this episode; it seemed a lot less random than the previous two have been. Not only was it a good Bart & Lisa episode, but there were also great scenes with Homer & Lisa and Marge & Bart. Also, we got the "Berry-stained" Bears and a lot of funny lines.

I liked the couch gag; it was quite dark but different. I saw it before I saw the episode because there was a post about it on an Oscar/Awards blog I read. People there were impressed.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

I was able to view it today - there was an article on Yahoo News regarding the couch gag. Definitely dark, but TPTB should have known beforehand that whatever the artist created, it could be controversial.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wait, did Banksy do the whole gag himself? I assumed it was a collaborative tribute to his work. Interesting.

I've posted some caps for this episode in the Bart & Lisa and Homer & Lisa threads.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

The episode is re-airing Sunday (12/19), as part 3 of a Triple Feature.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

Caught bits and pieces of this episode.