Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

"Labor Pains" - Episode Discussion

From The Simpsons Archive

Labor Pains
Episode RABF19

Homer becomes emotionally attached to a baby he helps deliver in an elevator; Lisa is recruited by the cheerleaders for the Springfield Atoms football team.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Supreme Fan

TFTNT

Sounds interesting, not things you would expect Homer or Lisa really to do. I would guess Homer would panic delivering a baby or just get freaked out by the idea of it. Also, Lisa isn't usually the kind of person you'd expect on a cheerleaders team. All in all, this could add up to a good episode.
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
Old 11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Chalkboard gag: Rocktober is not followed by Blowvember
Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 PM
New Fan

Did anyone else find the animation in this kind of off? Something was wrong with the outlines, they looked a little too thick or something.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

This season is sooo bad so far! I usually have a couple of episodes every year i don't like, but this season there is not a single one that i found myself wanting to rewatch it.

I get it of cource that Sam Simon's condition plays a big part of it, but it's like all their episodes so far in this season are uninspired. I hope next episodes will be better.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieLondon (View Post)
Did anyone else find the animation in this kind of off? Something was wrong with the outlines, they looked a little too thick or something.
No, I didn't notice this, but I am intrigued now. Were there any particular parts of the show you noticed it was bad, or was it just overall it looked odd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romione4ever (View Post)
This season is sooo bad so far! I usually have a couple of episodes every year i don't like, but this season there is not a single one that i found myself wanting to rewatch it.

I get it of cource that Sam Simon's condition plays a big part of it, but it's like all their episodes so far in this season are uninspired. I hope next episodes will be better.
I would disagree, although I don't think these have been the best episodes, I have still enjoyed each one overall. In the case of this episode, I would say that I felt the second story of Lisa and the cheerleaders was weak. I didn't really find myself enjoying that. However, I did really like to see Homer developing the connection with Homer Jr. It was fun to see the jealousy/arguing between the two babies at the zoo.

Also, did anyone else notice that Homer was calling Homer Jr 'Hoju', which is a name he was once suggesting to Bart? From the episode 'Marge Vs The Monorail':

Homer: Do you want to change your name to Homer Junior? The kids can call you Ho-Ju!
Bart: ...I'll get back to you.
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
Old 02-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

The episode is re-airing Sunday (2/9).
Old 02-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the update

The Simpsons Board
Old 07-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

The episode is re-airing this Sunday (7/27) as part 2 of a double feature.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilka (View Post)
The episode is re-airing this Sunday (7/27) as part 2 of a double feature.
Thanks for sharing that with us! :-D

The Simpsons Board
Old 07-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romione4ever (View Post)
Sam Simon hasn't been directly involved with the show in years. He's credited with the show's creation alongside Matt Groening and James Brooks.