Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair)- 2/11 (repeat) Episode Discussion

From The Simpsons Archive

Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair) (HABF22)

"Somehow," Homer's new job driving an ice cream truck results in a lot of popsicle sticks, which Marge turns into popsicle-stick sculptures which become popular
Old 11-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Passionate Fan

LMFAO I think Homer has broken a record of how many jobs one person can have.

Avy: pessimistreader
Old 11-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

I think we even had a thread about how many jobs Homer has had a long time ago.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

I know, Homer can probably win a Guiness World Record on how many jobs he's had

I think we did have a thread a while back on Homer's jobs.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

I fell asleep and missed the episode! :wail: What happened?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Aww that sucks Cyn

Well Homer gets fired because he's playing with the other workers and Mr.Burns catches him and is talking to him, Homer in the distance hears the ice cream man coming and Homer can only think of the ice cream as Mr. Burns is talking to him Homer sees Mr. Burns as an ice cream cone and starts licking him So he tells Homer he is fired.

Homer goes running to the ice cream man's truck and orders the usual, Homer pays with a $100 and the ice cream cost $1.50 so the ice cream man is giving him all the change back in coins and they show that the ice cream man is exhausted and gets a heart attack and dies.

With Homer's severance pay he buys the ice cream truck and pimps it out and starts selling ice cream. Marge is at home watching Opal (Just like Oprah) and she's listening to a guest that is saying that women need to leave their lega-she in life and is talking about women who have accomplished things in life, of course Marge is frustrated because she's been doing the same thing forever.

Homer leaves a bunch of leftover popsicle sticks on the table and Marge gets an idea she starts making figures of people with the popsicle sticks and starts making everyone in Springfield and has them on display on her front lawn. Kent Brockman is doing a report up on the helicopter and sees Marge's art and lands and tells her the figures are awesome and that he wants to do a story on her and her figures.

Homer is going to work and Marge tells him he can't leave because she wants him to be there for when they cut the ribbon because she's going to get an exhibition and he tells her he promises he will be back by 3pm. But of course we all know something is going to happen. While Homer is working he hits a jackpot because there's this convention or something with dads and their kids, so of course all the kids want ice cream, Homer realizes that it's like 38 seconds to 3pm and rushes off to make it in time, there's a bunch of traffic and takes a shortcut through the forest and is going super fast he's taking with him an owl, a park ranger, and a bear and crashes into the front yard breaking all of Marge's figures.

Marge is upset at Homer and she is not speaking at him and hasn't come out of the room. Homer is very sad that Marge isn't speaking to him, and tells her that what made him happy was seeing her being happy making the popsicle stick figures (nice Homer/Marge moments) and even takes polaroid pics of him for her to see how sad he is, he keeps on shoving them through the door and she sees them.

The next morning Homer wakes up asleep next to their room and Homer asks the kids where's Marge and they said she left early and left Grampa taking care of them. Homer and the kids get in the car and start looking for her and then see that she's on the top of I think the City Hall building and Homer thinks she going to jump but she tells him she wants to show him how much she loves him and tells the bullies across another building if they are ready and pull and help her with this gigantic popsicle figure of Homer in underwear with a donut in hand, looking a la Michaelangelo's David

So now we get a scene where it's the future and it looks futuristic and some tour guide in some space rocket suit is telling people that this is the only piece of art to stand here today (Homer's figure) before all the destruction and chaos that the Ipods did and we see huge Ipods taking over and whipping humans with the earphones
Old 11-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really liked this episode.
My favourite line was when Homer told Marge "This is the most fun I've ever had giving you wood."
Too funny.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

Can't believe the censors let that one slip by
Old 11-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

That was a great line
Old 12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Passionate Fan

I finally got to see the episode, I had it on Tivo and finally got time to watch it. I LOOOVED this episode!

My fave parts was the beginning with the guys playing around at work, then when Homer was taking pics of himself and there was the one of him laughing because the cat fell down the stairs, and then the pic of the cat, I laughed really hard!! I loooved the Ipods taking over the world.

Avy: pessimistreader
Old 12-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

The picture of Homer and laughing because the cat fell down was hilarious and love that he included the picture of the cat falling down
Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

This episode will re-air today (2/11) at 7:30pm ET - just before the new episode.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Did you get to see the ep, Cyn?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

I did see most of the episode.

The cockroach couch gag was a bit on the EW side.

Here are a few of my favorite moments:
At the ice cream man's burial, I liked the part where they put the dirt into the ground. Instead of using shovels, they were using huge ice cream scoops.

After Homer wipes out the popsicle stick figures with the ice cream truck, Lenny makes a comment about his and Carl's figures.
Lenny: I can't tell where Carl ends and I begin!
Carl: See, it’s statements like THAT that make people think we're gay.

Marge reveals the large statue of Homer, but Homer thinks she made him a statue of Magilla Gorilla.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Glad to hear you got to see most of the episode

It was a good ep

Love the parts you mentioned.