Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-30-2013, 04:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Futurama Appreciation Thread - Another Side To Matt Groening's Genius

FUTURAMA APPRECIATION THREAD

Just thought I'd open a thread for Futurama, as it doesn't have its own board and it's another of Matt Groening's works.

So, what are your thoughts on the show? Do you have a favourite episode or character?
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
Old 05-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

It's been a while since I've watched Futurama. I like Leela; my least favorite character is Bender just because he can be an ass.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:29 AM
Supreme Fan

I think that's what I love about Bender. Makes for some funny moments!
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Supreme Fan

What about Zoidberg? He's not an ass, he's quite a lonely man (if you can call him a man) who just wants friendship. He also brings quite a lot of humour to the show.

The Simpsons Board
Old 06-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt
Emily
Old 06-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb (View Post)
Tftnt
You're welcome Do you have any favourite moments/characters from Futurama?

The Simpsons Board
Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for opening!

I never used to like Futurama as a kid, but now I watch it all the time.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Unfortunately, Comedy Central have axed Season 8 of Futurama But we do still have the second half of Season 7, starting on June 19th in U.S. but I'm not sure when they'll be shown elsewhere. I am currently trying to find out when they'll be on here in the UK so will let you know when (or if) I hear anything.

The Simpsons Board
Old 06-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3tr0_gam3r (View Post)
What about Zoidberg? He's not an ass, he's quite a lonely man (if you can call him a man) who just wants friendship. He also brings quite a lot of humour to the show.
Do you think he's the show's equivalent of Moe?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilka (View Post)
Do you think he's the show's equivalent of Moe?
In some ways, definitely! He is lonely, he has trouble making friends and is often ignored by the others. People find him disgusting for various reasons too. But I think the one major difference is that Zoidberg is often in denial about his lack of friends, whereas Moe knows he is repulsive.
For example, when they go to Mars to see Amy's parents, Zoidberg acts as though he is really part of the family and is very close to Amy's parents, despite their attempts to keep pushing him away!

The Simpsons Board
Old 06-20-2013, 06:51 AM
Supreme Fan

From the Season 7 premier "The Bots & The Bees".

This is a great episode, I love how Bender gives up everything for his son Ben's dreams of being a bending robot. Even going as far as letting Ben lose all memory of Bender.
But in all honesty, do you think Fry needed to get completely naked for his role at the end as a light to see through the fog?

The Simpsons Board
Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

I caught part of the season premiere last night. Leela and Fry's getaway wasn't quite as it seemed.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilka (View Post)
I caught part of the season premiere last night. Leela and Fry's getaway wasn't quite as it seemed.
Oh yes, the second half of Season 7 has just started. It hasn't started here yet (not sure when it does) so not sure when I'll be able to catch it.

The Simpsons Board
Old 06-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Do they have the episodes on Hulu?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm not sure about Hulu, but I know I'll be able to find it soon enough. I haven't had time to check since it was aired the other day.

The Simpsons Board