Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-21-2004, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

The first Simpsons episode you saw

Do you remember what it was? Did you like it? Did the episode make you want to watch the show again?

Mine was "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire", the pilot episode, when it aired for the first time. My friends and I had seen The Simpsons shorts that were on The Tracey Ullman show, so it was a big deal to see this family in their own TV special. Then at the end of the show, the big announcement came -- The Simpsons were going to have their own series! (You have to remember back then, we didn't have the Internet to rely on for news like this.)
Old 03-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

That's the same one I watched also, the Christmas episode which was the pilot. I loved the episode, and it made me want to watch the show again and ever since then I haven't stopped watching

I never watched them on the Tracy Ullman show but they did look very strange looking back them
Old 03-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I honestly have no idea.... lol. But as far back as I can remember, I've watched The Simpsons. I would have been 4 years old when the show premiered so I didn't start watching them from the very start, I probably just started watching reruns and got hooked on them that way, LOL

Avy: pessimistreader
Old 03-30-2005, 04:20 PM
New Fan

Mine was the Stampy the Elephant episode. I don't think ive laughed that hard since then. I absolutely loved that episode!
Old 03-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Dr. Nick (love your username ) yeah that episode where Bart gets Stampy is great.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilka
Mine was "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire", the pilot episode, when it aired for the first time. My friends and I had seen The Simpsons shorts that were on The Tracey Ullman show, so it was a big deal to see this family in their own TV special. Then at the end of the show, the big announcement came -- The Simpsons were going to have their own series! (You have to remember back then, we didn't have the Internet to rely on for news like this.)
I wish I'd started watching from the very beginning, but they started showing shorts on the Tracey Ullman Show the year I was born. I think the first ep I saw was the one with the evil babysitter. But it was a rerun, obviously. I don't think I started watching the Simpsons until I was 8 or 9. The first ep I remember watching the original airing of was the TOH ep where Homer realizes he's the last man on earth and then the zombies come after him.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 04-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't remember.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 04-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't remember either. It was from the first or second season. I was pretty young, 12. The first episode that made me want to watch more was the one where Homer becomes Union president. But that was a few years later.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I don't remember either. It was from the first or second season. I was pretty young, 12. The first episode that made me want to watch more was the one where Homer becomes Union president. But that was a few years later.
Same, I know it was either season 1 or 2 but I don't the exact episode.

M i r a n d a .