Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Dan Castellaneta & Co.: the voices of Springfield

I just realized we don't have a thread (or at least I couldn't find one) for Dan Castellaneta or any of the other talented actors/actresses/comedians who voice the various characters in Springfield. So I started one because the show couldn't exist without them, and most of them do a lot of projects outside of the Simpsons as well.

Speaking of which, I just bought Dan Castellaneta's CD I Am Not Homer. He's pretty funny.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 07-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this thread and the Matt Groening one, Susan

It's true, I can't believe that we didn't have threads for them.

I remember Dan when he guest starred on Married With Children that he was a playing a gay character and that his partner was flirting with Peggy at some club and then he starts cooking for Al

Also I remember Yearley from this show I used to watch with her in it I think it was Herman's Head but not sure because it was a long time ago.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it was Herman's Head. Was Hank Azaria also on that show or a different Fox show?

But getting back on topic...I remember when Dan guest starred on Friends as a zookeeper that had information about Ross' monkey Marcell.

Can we name all the Simpsons' characters Dan voices?
Old 07-31-2005, 05:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Candy

Speaking of which, I just bought Dan Castellaneta's CD I Am Not Homer. He's pretty funny.
I've never heard that CD before! I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

BTW- GREAT thread!

Avy: pessimistreader
Old 07-31-2005, 05:48 AM
Passionate Fan

This guy is incredible, it amazes me how someone can have a voice sooo hilarious and original as Homer's is. All I have to hear is one word from Homer and I am laughing It's a very unique voice I find, and it amazes me how ALL the cast can do so many hilarious and different voices, I can't even do one

Old 07-31-2005, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Cyn- just checked and Hank was also on Herman's Head I can't believe I couldn't remember him.

Some of the characters that Dan voices are that teenager that works at Krusty Burger, Groundskeeper Willie, and I know there are others

Carrie- I know Homer's voice is unique and it also makes me laugh everytime I hear Homer.

Also it's funny how Homer's voice changed from being more serious and deep in the first season and how it changed to more cartoony now
Old 07-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for looking that up Liz I wasn't sure if it was Herman's Head or a show that had Tea Leoni.

So he's the voice of the pimply-faced teenager?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Passionate Fan

I know that he does these ones, Grampa/Barney Gumble/Krusty the Klown/Groundskeeper Willie/Mayor Quimby/Hans Moleman/Sideshow Mel

SOOOOOO awesome that he does Moleman!!!!! That must be hard for them to have to do 2 voices in a scene, especially when Grandpa and Barney are in a lot of scenes with Homer!

Old 08-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Your welcome Cyn Yeah Dan does the voice of the pimply-faced teenager, I remember it was mentioned when the cast was on Inside the Actors Studio.

It's cool that he does the voice of Moleman.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*OnlyNDreams*~
I've never heard that CD before! I'll have to keep an eye out for it!
Dan Castellaneta - So Dumb (Homer's Lament)
I uploaded track 9 of the CD because I think every Simpsons fan should listen to it. Basically Homer, Grandpa Simpson, Barney, Groundskeeper Willie, and Krusty are supposedly in a recording studio recording a song for Homer's record. It's awesome hearing how seamlessly he goes from one voice to another. (This is the only track of the CD that is Simpsons-related. The other ones are comedy routines by Dan and his wife Deb.)

Heh. I love Moleman. And I've tried to imitate Mayor Quimby's voice before. I'm not very good at it.

I remember watching Yeardley Smith in As Good As it Gets with Jack Nicholson. It was really weird because her normal voice is very high and she already sounds kinda like Lisa.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 08-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

I remember seeing Yeardley in As Good As It Gets. Yeah her voice is pretty much the same as Lisa's

I just downloaded the track, listening to it now
Old 08-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm, I wonder when an actor records multiple voiceovers do they complete the dialogue for a single character then go onto the next or a single scene with the various characters?
Old 08-02-2005, 06:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilka
Hmm, I wonder when an actor records multiple voiceovers do they complete the dialogue for a single character then go onto the next or a single scene with the various characters?
That's what I was wondering too. You'd think that it would be very straining on their voice if they have to keep switching voices when recording a whole scene. I would love to sit in on a recording session, it'd be really interesting!

Old 08-02-2005, 06:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Candy
Dan Castellaneta - So Dumb (Homer's Lament)
I uploaded track 9 of the CD because I think every Simpsons fan should listen to it. Basically Homer, Grandpa Simpson, Barney, Groundskeeper Willie, and Krusty are supposedly in a recording studio recording a song for Homer's record. It's awesome hearing how seamlessly he goes from one voice to another. (This is the only track of the CD that is Simpsons-related. The other ones are comedy routines by Dan and his wife Deb.)

Heh. I love Moleman. And I've tried to imitate Mayor Quimby's voice before. I'm not very good at it.

I remember watching Yeardley Smith in As Good As it Gets with Jack Nicholson. It was really weird because her normal voice is very high and she already sounds kinda like Lisa.
OMG!!!! Thank you sooo much!! That was hilarious! Barney trying to bootleg the session and Grandpa, "What are we supposed to do?"

The song is hysterical!

Wow.... this guy is FREAKIN talented!!!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

It would be interesting to see how they record the voices, I would love to have the chance to see them in the recording studio.

My brother and the me that other day were talking about how cool would it be to do voices for a TV show that it would be a cool job to work in.