Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Bart Gets a "Z" - Episode Discussion

From The Simpsons Archive

Bart Gets a "Z"
Episode LABF15

...that is, he gets "Mr. Z" as a trendy new teacher after Mrs. Krabappel is fired for being drunk in school, thanks to her class spiking her coffee in retaliation for her confiscating their cellphones.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

So I only saw the first third of the episode. I'll have to watch the rest of it on Hulu.

There was a slight difference in the opening sequence. The billboard was new, and the bird that usually flies across was replaced by something else - don't remember what it was.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't get to see it yet either, I hope I'll be able to watch it tonight.
//JOIN SoA//SHAMELESS
Old 10-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Cyn- it was Mary Bobbins aka Mary Poppins flying instead of the bird in the opening
Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah, I knew it had to do with flying because the clouds were still there. Thanks Liz!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

I watched it, liked the episode. Bart was characterized well here I loved how he said "Simpsons don't give up till they at least try once" Some thing like that. I loved Ednas/Barts relationship here two. Yah my favorite episode for a while, they need more Bart episodes.
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Chuck fan. Kyle XY fan.SmallVillefan.Harry Potter fan.
Peter fan girl.Zac Efron fan girl. P.J fan girl. Chuck fan girl.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar007 (View Post)
Cyn- it was Mary Bobbins aka Mary Poppins flying instead of the bird in the opening
Actually it was Sherry Bobbins.

As for the episode, i really enjoyed it, especially all the Bart/Edna scenes. Their relationship is so underrated. I really loved how hard Bart was trying to get Edna her job back, which paid off in the end. It was nice to see a Bart centric episode for a change.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

It reminded me of when Bart was writing letters to Edna pretending to be an admirer.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

The episode is re-airing this Sunday (12/6).
Old 12-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilka (View Post)
It reminded me of when Bart was writing letters to Edna pretending to be an admirer.
Oh i love that episode, which i think is the best Bart/Edna episode to date.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

I finally watched it in its entirety. Edna can be just as influential to Bart as Marge is. I'm glad Bart didn't resort to the same tactics to get rid of the new teacher. He screwed up on his own.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was mostly indifferent towards it, but highly amused by "Food's on me, haw haw!" and the substitute teacher making random guitar noises when drunk.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 PM
New Fan

I never saw this episode for a long while until now. Brilliant performance from Marcia Wallace. This was not a bad episode as I thought it was. I had no idea until now that this episode would air on December 6th.

I decided it would be best to watch the episode online today.

After Bart told the truth that he was responsible for getting his teacher drunk, she said, “No matter what you've done, I always thought there was a spark of decency in you, Bart Simpson, but I was wrong. I never thought I'd say this to a child, but you are bad on the inside.”
That quote will never be forgotten... never,

Without Marcia, that would be no Edna.

I love Bart/Edna episodes no matter who wrote the episode and what plot occurs.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Supreme Fan

It sure is a real shame that there will not be any more Bart/Edna episodes. However, I think they've made the right choice by not choosing to replace her with someone new. It just wouldn't be Edna.
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board