Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

you mean "stargazer moment" as a moment when both Alex and Isabel were in a scene? like ... when Isabel met Grant or the episode in S3 that some people actually dared to call Stargazer episode (people, who haven't been seen since then )

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 06-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Yah... those work.. but also, there's some Stargazer moments I just didn't like... like, when Alex came back from Sweden and didn't even seem to care that Isabel had to leave when he was showing slides and she was all confused... and sad... I didn't like that scene... except you know, it showed Isabel as she really felt, but wouldn't admit... I liked seeing it, but I didn't like how it played and how our Alex seemed to have disappeared
Old 06-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

oh, I liked that scene because I was like "yeah, she likes him!" *shrugs*
hm, does it have to be the whole scene or can it be part of it? e.g., I don't like the end of the stargazing scene in ITW when she just leaves (sad and upset)
or ... their talk about suffocation and obsessions in The Convention ... it is obvious that Isabel doesn't mean it (and Alex doesn't notice that) but still ... a sad scene

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 06-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh, that is such a sad scene! My heart feels like it's breaking every time I watch it!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah, Alex looked so heart broken ... but he obviously didn't give up since he got Isabel tickets for the Blind Date concert (off sreen of course)

Old 06-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Addicted Fan

And Isabel totally wanted to go see him! ... stupid Michael needing her and her knowing it.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

My least favorite Alex/Isabel scene would be the one in S&B when Isabel tells Alex that she can't be involved with anyone right now (I don't really hate that - don't like it, but I could understand where she was coming from), but then pretty much ignoring him when Grant showed up. 'Cause I never really got the whole Grant thing. Yeah, Isabel clearly was looking for some non-relationship where she could pretend everything was nice and normal and not have to actually deal with any real emotions, but what was the appeal in Grant? (Well, I have theories about the alien influence in Grant from the Gendarium, but those are just theories......... )

And as nice as it would have been for Isabel to be able to go to the concert and hear the Whits (which she obviously really wanted to do), I love that she did realize how much Michael needed someone to be there for him then and that she went with him. That scene where she promises she will always be there for him, whenever he needs her, is one of my favorite Roswell friendship scenes.

And I just imagine that she went to the concert and met up with Alex later on that night.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-18-2005, 01:39 AM
Addicted Fan

I like your imaginings It probably made Alex happy!

I never even considered maybe her attraction had something to do w/ the aliens in him.... but that would make a lot of sense.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

Well, the instant fascination reminded me a little of her instant connection with Tess when she showed up (even to ignoring Alex ), so it got me suspicious. Then we found out about Grant having the Gandarium queen in him (that sounds so silly typed out ). I don't think that the writers meant for that to be the explanation, but I've gotten used to coming up with my own explanations for things in Roswell.

I'm sure that Alex loved it when Isabel showed up to hear his band (because we all know that she got there as soon as she could, right? ).

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah but it would have been nice to see it
well, I also believe that the Gandarium had to do with her attraction to Grant - at least that would make sense
the friendship scene between Isabel and Michael was indeed nice ... one of the rare ones we had between the aliens, after 4Square, there was often a tension between all the aliens

Old 06-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Addicted Fan

That actually makes a lot of sense, Isabel was instantly attracted to Tess as a friend as well... So, that, in a way, is a perfect explanation for the whole Grant thing.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah, it was not really her, the alien part of her took over for a small amount of time

Old 06-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Cuz, weren't the crystals supposed to stay together, and be close to the queen? And didn't she technically have some of the crystal in her?
Old 06-19-2005, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

hm, it's been ages since I saw S2 so .. don't ask me

Old 06-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, then, I won't ask you... I'll ask the other people who post on this thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread