Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Philosophy of Alex Whitman

Does anyone else realize the philosophy of Alex Whitman- like seriously, did any one ever really lok into his quotes and the way he reacts- He is the Budda of our time. Seriously- this character is one of the most insiperational adorable and sweet characters ever. And who better to play this role than our Colin (LOVE HIM! [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] ) For example:
ALEX: We are high school geeks! And we like it like that. So, please stop trying to take control over it, ok?
How great is that!!!
So what do u guys think? Is there really a philosophy of the Whitman?
Old 11-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I think there is ... I really hope so [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

but since I have to leave again [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] I can't go on further, sorry [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Trude [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Sternbetrachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

hey, thanx for replying- there is definetly something about the way he character was written... or maybe the way Colin played out his lines...
KYLE: I'll tell you what must have happened. Since Alex and I figured out how to kill the queen, and Max told Michael, Michael must have killed the queen. So all the crystals died. And they fell on us cos they’re dead. Which means we must have saved the world!
ALEX: Yeah! [The group release whoops of joy and hi-five one another] I think our job here is done... and I need to take a shower.

Wow- he is soooo dreamy ( lol what a word)
Old 11-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

LIZ: Alex, Alex, Alex, um, your paranoid schizophrenia, it's kicking in.

ALEX: Right. I'm gonna go to the bathroom and go have a little talk with myself.

I think the world would be little bit better if more people would talk with themselves every now and then! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

ALEX: Staring at the stars with you. I mean, I used to look up there, and stars were just stars. One was just as good as the next one. Somehow with you...I mean... It's so wondrous, you know? I mean...each star is...is a mystery, you know, and so full of possibility. This is so much better than seeing a movie.

I totally agree with him! he (and Isabel) made me gaze at the stars regulary!

Trude [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 11-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Total Fan

There's always the presense of an "underdog", if you will, on TV shows. If you have seen both Roswell and The O.C., you can realize that Seth Cohen and Alex do share certain qualities.

Just happens that one of them is alive and the other isn't. Ahem.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

That is so true. Both are insanely cute, funny guys, but both are considered. Plus that whole thing Brain mentioned about one being dead. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

ok- i noticed the seth thing too- im not a religious OC watcher- but Seth and Alex r very much alike- though Alex is a hundred times more adorable and insperational than Seth... i gtg but we'kll finish this later
Old 11-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

ok- first of all Seth has a more hot look and Colin is just wayyyyyyyy cuter! OMG he is the biggest mush!!! Though there is one big differacne- and u can debate this but Alex is happy wiht who he is- "Geeks are what we are..." and Seth wants soooo badly to be popular- yukc! Alex is sooo pleased to have Liz and Maria thta status doesnt matter- "musicians get the ladies..."
Old 12-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

especially when the musican is as cute as Alex

Old 12-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

it's so true right- isabel was soooo annoyinh that at first she had no intest in Alex- until she dream walked him- i mean come on the guy is a total STUD! WOOSH!!!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

true, many watchers liked Isabel more when she was with Alex and if I were Isabel ... ah, the things I'd do with Alex [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

ALEX: It doesn't add up. I mean, the human body is the most intricate and complex machine in the universe. No matter how sophisticated your race is, I mean, how could you possibly just take on human form?

ISABEL: Fine. I'm not an alien. Whatever you say.

ALEX: Ok, then let's just say it were possible, all right? Why on earth would...excuse the phrase. Why would you be sent here to begin with? I mean, what purpose could you possibly have?

always doubting and not just accepting everything he's told! more people should be like that!

Old 12-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aimen! Some people should stop asssuming and question life more- awwww- he is sooooo corky and silly- mind the silly word its juvinile but cute- Colin is so imporant to the show- Right??? with out him they would all be screwed! like when him and Kyle saved the world with the crystals, and that time when he found out who tupolski was...
ALEX: What? Like, Wyoming?
(Liz points higher up)
ALEX: Oh...ok, fine. Canada. They're Canucks. So what, you're saying the FBI is all over them because they're like...illegal aliens?
LIZ: Yeah, sort of. Listen, Alex...they're from somewhere else.
-awwwww he is soooo skeptical!
Old 12-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the scenes in the Frazier Wood! It´s eXtreme philosophy! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

Definatly, Alex taught me that when in a cave with alien crystal things, I should sing "American Pie" which will then cause it to rain. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

thanx for posting the pics!! great idea!!! by so back to the philosophy- lets talk abotu whit here.
ALEX: I'm ready to talk about the fact that I'm a kid. I'm 16 years old. I'm a sophomore in high school, so what could I possibly have to do with a teacher leaving? What does any of this have to do with you, anyway?

SHERIFF: I'm just doing my job, son.

ALEX: I was at a party! And my only wish was that while I was there, I engaged in some sort of depraved activity, like drinking or sex, but I didn't. I didn't break any laws.

SHERIFF: Everybody who was at that party was trespassing on private property, and both of you were minors in possession of alcohol.

ALEX: This has nothing to do with that party, does it? Sheriff, I want

WOW! Stand up for ur rights Whitman! Woosh!!!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
u see how he has this self dignity- and how he is soo debate team- Alex had Whit- hence Whitman- plus the whole i am 16 thing- is sooo true- he only wnated ot do sonmehitng illegal but didnt and he is right! his whole argument is perfect. Kudos to ALex! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Reply   Post New Thread