Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

actually no I haven't. But I've only seen it once yet, and that was with my friend so I didn't want to hit pause But I did replay it
Old 10-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I bet

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 10-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

I had too It was just too good to watch once only

He has a cute tush
Old 10-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Total Fan

I still don't know where to find a copy of Standing Still on the net to buy or I'd cap it and watch
Old 10-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Queen (View Post)
I still don't know where to find a copy of Standing Still on the net to buy or I'd cap it and watch
I know you'd cap it for us

Alex, stop making me jealous!

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

I think I can cap it, but I don't have the time at the moment. He's not in it that much of course, so it won't take that long. I'll see what I can do

Sorry Trude.. Just giving extra information
Old 10-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

it's okay, ... it is after all important extra information

Old 10-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

Yes it certainly is
Old 10-05-2006, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

found this at movieweb.com:

Quote:
"Antonio Banderas, Meg Ryan, Colin Hanks and Selma Blair Join Homeland Security" - Tuesday, September 26:

At first I was rather shocked that these "big names" were attatched to such drivel. Then I started thinking about it. Banderas hasn't done much besides his wonderful Puss in Boots deal from Shrek 2, Meg Ryan hasn't had a hit since the turn of the century, Colin Hanks is still young and Selma Blair is just terrible at picking projects. Well, I doubt none of their stocks will rise after this flick by George Gallo, who has brought us such wretched fare like Double Take and The Whole Ten Yards, probably one of the worst sequels of all time. This flick is about a young Homeland Security agent who has the unenviable job of spying on his sexually-liberal mother since her new lover is a suspected threat. Balls. Go away, George Gallo, and don't come back until you can write something decent. Worst News of the Week Nominee.
I do not feel the Colin love!

Old 10-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

That's too bad, really. Some people
Old 10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

they'll praise the movie later, I'm sure

Old 10-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Hopefully
Old 10-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

hopefully, we'll get more info on Careless soon ... it's in "post-production" like the Tenacious movie too after all

Old 10-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

That's a good thing
Old 10-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

found an article at Earthtimes.org about Colin being a presenter at the Hollywood Breakthrough Awards (which he already won once, I think), his name is only mentioned once but here's the whole thing:

Quote:
Acting School Sponsors Hollywood Breakthrough Awards at 10th Annual Hollywood Film Festival Gala
Author : John Robert Powers

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- John Robert Powers a school for acting has announced their partnership with the Hollywood Film Festival by sponsoring this year's Hollywood Breakthrough Actor, Actress and Director of the Year Awards at the 10th Annual Hollywood Film Festival's Hollywood Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel Monday, October 23. Described as the award season front-runner, the awards ceremony brings the best of Hollywood's A-List stars both behind and in front of the cameras, honoring this year's cinematic achievement in acting and filmmaking. The 2006 annual event will take place October 18 to 23 with festival screenings at ArcLight Theatres in Hollywood.

This year's 2006 Hollywood Breakthrough Actor, Actress and Director of the Year awards will be bestowed to Derek Luke, Lindsay Lohan and Ryan Murphy. Entertainment Tonight's Mark Steines the emcee of the evening, will welcome CEO and President of John Robert Powers, Ron Patterson, onstage to introduce the breakthrough awards. Derek Luke is being honored for his critically acclaimed performance in "Catch a Fire" playing opposite Tim Robbins, as well as coming off a memorable performance in "Glory Road." Previously he was seen portraying the title role in the film "Antwone Fisher." Lindsay Lohan will be honored for her performance in the ensemble production of "Bobby," directed by Emilio Estevez. The film recounts the fateful day of Senator Robert F. Kennedy's assassination at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles. Lindsay Lohan is also being honored this year for her work in "A Prairie Home Companion." Her other credits include "Herbie Fully Loaded," "Mean Girls" and "Freaky Friday."

"John Robert Powers believes in the importance of developing young acting talent which is why we have over eighty-six acting schools for children acting, teen acting and adult acting around the nation to help performers perfect their acting, singing, modeling, and dancing skills." Ron Patterson said. "We are proud to once again sponsor the Hollywood Breakthrough awards in the hopes one day that our students at our acting schools will become the next young talents such as Derek Luke, Lindsay Lohan and Ryan Murphy."

The Hollywood Gala Ceremony prides itself as being a true celebration of cinema bridging the gap between Hollywood and the global creative community, recognizing Hollywood professionals, and contributing to the renaissance of Hollywood.

This year, the Hollywood Film Festival will honor: Actor of the Year: Forest Whitaker; Actress of the Year: Penelope Cruz; Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck; Supporting Actress: Sandra Bullock; Lifetime Achievement: Robin Williams; Directing: Oliver Stone; Hollywood Breakthrough Acting Awards: Derek Luke and Lindsay Lohan; Hollywood Breakthrough Director of the Year: Ryan Murphy; Ensemble; "Bobby" Anthony Hopkins, Demi Moore, Sharon Stone, Elijah Wood, Laurence Fishburne, Emilio Estevez, Helen Hunt, Lindsay Lohan, William H. Macy, Martin Sheen, Christian Slater, and Ashton Kutcher; Leadership: Michael Barker and Tom Bernard; Producing: Michael Medavoy; Screenwriting: Eric Roth; Visual Effects: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"; Cinematography: Vilmos Zsigmond; Editing: Joel Cox; Production Design: John Myhre; Composer: Gustavo Santaolalla, Costume Design: Penny Rose; Make-Up Artist of the Year: Kris Evans; Casting: Francine Maisler; Animation Award: "Cars."

Previous attendants and presenters have included: Jodie Foster, Halle Berry, Rob Marshall, Peter Sarsgaard, Jennifer Aniston, Terrence Howard, Colin Hanks, Quentin Tarantino, Cameron Crowe, Dermot Mulroney, Keanu Reeves, Mena Suvari, Kathleen Kennedy, Paula Wagner, Geena Davis, Goldie Hawn, Diane Keaton, Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Angelina Jolie, Steven Spielberg, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Travolta, Naomi Watts, Harrison Ford, Colin Farrell, Scarlett Johansson, and Martin Scorsese.

John Robert Powers is an internationally recognized school system which offers movie acting instruction, theater acting training, television commercial acting instruction, and related acting training courses, plus instruction in singing, modeling and social etiquette with locations throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. For over eighty years, John Robert Powers has trained students in acting, singing, dancing, modeling and etiquette. Emphasizing personality development, John Robert Powers provides every student with the schooling, guidance, and confidence to further their individual potential and reach their highest career goals. Famous alumni thru either the school or the John Robert Powers agencies include people such as First Ladies, Jackie Kennedy and Betty Ford, Princess Grace of Monaco, Raquel Welch, Lucille Ball, Ann Margaret, Diana Ross, Faith Ford, and models Janice Dickinson, Beverly Peele, Nikki Taylor, Ryan Locke, and Josh Duhamel.

John Robert Powers

Closed Thread   Post New Thread