Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. The Colin drought has been unbearable!
Old 08-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

can't believe it: some stupd German tv magazine said "Tom Hanks' son is certainly no Adonis..." ... I mean, I know he isn't DaVinci's David but ... wonder how the author of that article looks like! GRRR

BUT the German FHM (september) made 11:14 to the "movie of the month" with a great review
and an Austrian movie internet site gave it really good reviews too - I can't wait till September 23 when it will start here

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 08-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this is a happy scream, btw)

I just found out that 11:14 has been released at my local video store. I couldn't believe it, I was checking the US release date to see if they had when it would come to Australia and it said it was already released. I ran my video store to confirm. I screamed very loudly when I found out. I'm gonna go get it as soon as Dad come home with a car.

YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be giving much excited commentary on it tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

that's awesome!
you guys finally get it on dvd, I get it in cinema!

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 09-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

well i watched it. and i loved it. this could have something to do with the fact colin was in it.

he plays are rather mean character, I can't tell you much about it cause it will give away a lot of the plot. cause its really good to see how all the characters connect to one another.

the dvd has extras, small little snippets of the actors. i watch em and tell you what colin has to say.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly thanks so much for the feedback. I can't wait until it's released in the US.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

thank you soo much, Kelly!
yesterday, I saw a movie review for it where Colin was in and ... it was so great to see him onscreen again!

Old 09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can imagine. You're so lucky.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

look what I found:

Quote:
September 14, 2005 01:10 PM US Eastern Timezone

Joaquin Phoenix to Be Honored at San Diego Film Festival; Film Selection and Celebrity Line-Up Announced for Fourth Annual Festival Held Sept. 21-25

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 14, 2005--The San Diego Film Festival, an annual celebration of film produced by the San Diego Film Foundation, today announced Joaquin Phoenix will accept the Humanitarian Award at the Actor's Ball and Award Ceremony on Saturday, September 24.

"We're honored to celebrate Joaquin Phoenix and his commitment to inspiring social change through film," said Robin Laatz-Kozak, founder and executive director of the San Diego Film Festival.

An Oscar(TM)-nominated actor, animal rights activist and vegan since his childhood, Phoenix lends his voice to the narration of the haunting documentary, "Earthlings." Using hidden cameras and never-before-seen footage, "Earthlings" provides an in-depth study into humanity's economical dependence on animals raised for pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and scientific research. Phoenix will attend the screening Saturday at 7:45 p.m. and the Actor's Ball immediately following.

In addition to "Earthlings," the festival will screen 85 American and international feature, documentary and short films. It will also feature American Screenwriters Association's (ASA) 18th Annual International Screenwriters Conference "Selling to Hollywood," representing the largest screenwriting collaborative in the country.

Additional celebrity guests at this year's Festival include Joan Collins, who will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award; John Walsh, who will be honored with the David Angell Award by ASA; Colin Hanks ("Rx," "Orange County"); Melissa Joan Hart ("Mute," "Drive Me Crazy"); Bryan Greenberg ("Prime," HBO's "Unscripted"); Ben Younger ("Prime," "Boiler Room"), and many more.

Past San Diego Film Festival guests have included James Woods ("Be Cool," "Riding In Cars With Boys"), Joey Lauren Adams ("Chasing Amy"), Zach Braff ("Scrubs," "Garden State"), Elizabeth Berkley ("Any Given Sunday," "Showgirls"), James Van Der Beek ("Dawson's Creek," "Rules of Attraction"), Jennifer Beals ("The L Word," "Runaway Jury") and Kevin Connolly (HBO's "Entourage").

Full details on films, parties, panels and celebrity attendance are now available online at www.sdff.org.

About the San Diego Film Festival

The San Diego Film Festival is an annual celebration of film produced by the non-profit San Diego Film Foundation. Held in the Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego's premier dining, shopping and entertainment district, the competitive five-day event showcases more than 80 American and international feature, documentary and short films. More than just movies, the Festival provides attendees with a unique opportunity to directly interact with film professionals through Q&A sessions, workshops and a screenwriting contest and conference in partnership with the American Screenwriter's Association. Always the place to see and be seen, the Festival hosts San Diego's most glamorous parties -- an Opening Night Premiere Gala, the Industry Party, the exclusive Actor's Ball and Award Ceremony, and a closing night Wrap Party. For more information, visit www.sdff.org.
when you go to the festival website, and then to the guest and stars page, you can see a pic of Colin there AND one of Shiri A. - she might be there too!

Trude

Old 09-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the info on Colin being at the FF. If they have a pic of Shiri, she must be going too.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I read on another site that she's there to promote her movie "when do we eat"

Old 09-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very cool. It would be cool if they ran into each other (and took a pic together).

Colin was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly this week. But of course I forgot the mag. It was actually just a joke, not news.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

RX will play at the SDFF!

here's the link for more info: San Diego Film Festival - movies

Old 09-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter
RX will play at the SDFF!

here's the link for more info: San Diego Film Festival - movies
Great news!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

2005 SDFF AWARD WINNERS:

Soaring Star Award - Colin Hanks