Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eidolon14:
<STRONG> 11:14 is completed. We should see some updates on the movie soon.</STRONG>
Thanks for the info! I can't wait to get more updates and news on this movie.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here's some news from Variety...

Richard Attenborough has got the greenlight for "Closing the Ring," the 12th movie in his illustrious 34-year career as a helmer.
Ralph Kamp and Louise Goodsill's Odyssey Entertainment has boarded the $20 million project to handle worldwide sales, with co-finance coming from the Film Council's Premiere Fund and Baker Street.

The tireless Attenborough, 80 in August, is taking a sabbatical from his role as chairman of the giant Dragon Studios project in Wales to shoot the movie in September.

Pic is a romantic drama set in Belfast and North Carolina over two time periods -- 1943 and 1993. Shirley MacLaine, Dennis Hopper, Mena Suvari and Colin Hanks will star, with Brenda Blethyn, Peter O'Toole and Ryan Phillippe in talks to join them. Producer is Jo Gilbert.

Script by Peter Woodward was inspired by the fact that Belfast was the base for a U.S. bomber squadron in World War II. When a B-17 crashes near the city, the dying rear gunner asks a local to return his ring to his girlfriend back home. Half a century later, a young Belfast man finds the ring, learns its history and tracks down the old girlfriend, who turns out to have married the gunner's best friend.

While the WWII events are classic Attenborough territory, the contemporary sections of the movie will mark a rare departure for a director best known for his epic dramas of 20th-century history, such as his Oscar-winning "Gandhi."

"I've done so much period and historical stuff, it's rather exciting to get closer to the present day," Attenborough says. "Even at my age, I'll be using new muscles."

[ 05-11-2003: Message edited frog_princess00 ]

[ 05-11-2003: Message edited frog_princess00 ]
frog_princess00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Cool another new movie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] if its true artical ??? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Laura
hello_27414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I found the article at Variety's website, and I've always found them to be reliable.

I think it's awesome that he's working with top notch actors. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
frog_princess00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new news on his movie. I'm excited about this and I am hoping that it is true. The cast sounds like a terrific one.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

yay! a new movie. sounds like a great cast as well.
woo woo! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 04:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

i found another site mentioning it:
coming soon!
It's basically the same article but it is just further
conformation.

Richard Attenborough is Closing the Ring
Sunday, May 11, 2003 11:30 CDT

Variety reports that Richard Attenborough will direct Closing the Ring, the 12th movie in his illustrious 34-year career as a helmer.

The $20 million project is a romantic drama set in Belfast and North Carolina over two time periods -- 1943 and 1993. Shirley MacLaine, Dennis Hopper, Mena Suvari and Colin Hanks will star, with Brenda Blethyn, Peter O'Toole and Ryan Phillippe in talks to join them. Producer is Jo Gilbert.

The script by Peter Woodward was inspired by the fact that Belfast was the base for a U.S. bomber squadron in World War II. When a B-17 crashes near the city, the dying rear gunner asks a local to return his ring to his girlfriend back home. Half a century later, a young Belfast man finds the ring, learns its history and tracks down the old girlfriend, who turns out to have married the gunner's best friend.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah, a new movie! with such big stars nontheless! that's great

thanks for the info!

Trude

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Sternbetrachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 03:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

11:14 has a release date for germany according to imdb.
here's the link: IMDB
Old 05-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news. It says that 11:14 is coming out in the US this year, so let's hope it's true for those of us living in the US. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

and the ones who don't live in the US [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] want a preview as soon as you've seen it!!!

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 05-21-2003, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure if some of you have ever heard of the show called "Project Greenlight" on HBO but it is a pretty cool contest held by Matt D. & Ben Affleck. Anyways what they do is show you how a film gets made starting at picking a script and then begging for money then the casting and after all that they show you how they film the movie.

Anyways I was reading the cast list and found this:

Quote:
Casting The Battle for Shaker Heights
See who was cast after both unknowns and well-knowns read for the parts
Updated Mon, Mar 3, 2003

Think you could be a casting director?
Read the screenplay (PDF) for the Project Greenlight winner The Battle of Shaker Heights, then take a look at our inside scoop to find out which actors and actresses read for the parts and which were cast.

Kelly Enswiler
17 years old, a senior at Shaker Heights High. Kelly is an extremely bright, albeit defensive, kid who likes to engage in WWII battle reenactments. Pretty much friendless until he meets up with Bart at one of the war games. Kelly clearly resents his parents, whose preoccupation with their own lives/difficulties have made him feel a bit of an outcast. A box boy at the local Shop Rite, Kelly is a charming, deft, clever, articulate, dry-witted young man, never at a loss for words. However, his easy gift of gab is couched in a powerless anger. Finally, in a cathartic moment, he is able to expunge the misplaced rage, the fights and the stubbornness.

Cast for the part:
Shia LaBeouf

Read for the part:
• Kieran Culkin • Jesse Eisenberg • Colin Hanks • Jesse Littlejohn • Trevor Fehrman • D.J. Qualls
Okay our Colin read for the part and lost it, BUT sometimes we get to see the people reading for the part they want so I'm hoping we might get a peek at Colin on the show.

I'll let you know.

Cyn...

[ 05-21-2003: Message edited ColinsChica ]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

I love Shia, but how did Colin lose to him? Sounds like a pretty interesting show though. Thank Cyn!!
Old 05-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I've never heard of the guy who got the role!
THanks for the info!

Trude

Old 05-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Loyal Fan

cool i didn't know that show was still going on!!
hello_27414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread