Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

James Marsters Facts

We were talking about James's shirt size on a different thread, and it gave me the idea of compiling a list of every little thing that we know about James. It could be something you read on another website, or something you've even heard James say himself. Then I'll add them all to a list on this post.

- Born in Greenville, CA
- Birthday: August 20,1962.
- Grew up in Modesto, a small town in Northern CA.
- James Marsters enjoyed kissing Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- Once James bit Sarah by mistake. He was new and just kissed her like it was a real kiss. And she yelped and said "He bit me!" and he was all embarrassed.
- He graduated from Davis High School (in Modesto,CA)
- He's left handed.
- He had a cat named 'Zachery'.
- Zachery died in 1999, but James does not want a new cat.
- Movies he has said he likes:Apocalypse Now, Bringing Out the Dead, Three Kings, Die Hard.
- He is definitely somewhere between 5'8" and 5'10" in height.
- Some of his favorite actors are: Edward Keane, Marlon Brando, Michael Winters, Sean Penn, Robert DeNiro & his favorite... Meryl Streep.
- His childhood nickname was "Curious George" based on a children's book about a curious monkey who wore a red jacket (so did little Jimmy apparently).
- He was married once (somewhere between 1987-1989). He's been divorced since 1997.
- He has a scar on left leg from a childhood accident and a scar on eyebrow from a mugging that happened as he returned home from his job as a bartender while he was living in Queens, NY.
- He started his professional career at the famed Goodman Theater in Chicago. Then, he co-founded the New Mercury Theatre company (named after Orson Welles' "Mercury Theatre"). In 1990, New Mercury's founders packed the operation up and relocated to Seattle.
- James never wore underwear while filming BTVS.
- His favourite city is Paris.
- Non-acting jobs James has had: hospital dishwasher/orderly, bartender, waiter, restaurant manager.
- His middle name is 'Wesley'.
- His hair is naturally curly.
- His favorite color is: green, the color of Mother Earth.
- His favorite Care Bear? Tenderheart Bear.....yes,really! (He reads to the children in his family and when they were younger they liked Care Bears and he was asked if he had a favorite.)
- He wears a nicotine patch (sometimes more than one) to help him quit smoking.
- When filming Lovers Walk, his hand caught on fire while doing a stunt - when Spike was passed out drunk and the sun came up and ignited his hand. his hand was gelled up, but he let it burn too long because he thought it looked cool, and he ended up with blisters that took months to heal. He didn't tell anyone about it though because he was too embarrassed.
- Apocalypse Now is his favourite film, but he also likes Die Hard... wonder if that means he liked William Sadler?
- His favourite sound is 'a happy baby'
- Sounds he likes least are 'mechanical things with metal grinding on metal'
- Favourite type of music - Punk rock and grunge as they took music back from the corporations
- When asked 'Top or bottom?': Top, he can do bottom for a while but then he just has to get on top!
- What’d he’d like to hear at the gates of heaven? That he’d tried.
- Shoe size 9.5
- Belt size 34
- Jeans...varies from 31 to 34 depending on season
- Leather jacket- 42
- The shirts of his they sell are usually small,but sometimes mediums. One of the black t-shirts was a small from the Gap.
- He says if he wasn't obligated to stay in CA by family duties...he'd live in NY so he could prove himself on the Broadway stage.
- He has an older sister and a younger brother.
he is raising his 8 year old niece.
--Marsters and his ex-wife(Liane Davidson) have a son(born in fall 1996) who lives with his mother
a JM quote about his son "He doesn’t like me to sign autographs when I’m with him so I don’t. He really likes that. Hollywood is a pretty plastic world and I try to keep him away from that if I can. Yeah, that’s one of the reasons I don’t talk about him very much actually."
--James loves to play Playstation
--James leg was (briefly)in a brace; the week before he had injured his right knee after falling off a fence while playing Spy Kids 2 with his son. (Has since had surgery on that knee and is now fine).
Old 08-14-2005, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

I'll start you off with:

Born in Greenville,CA on August 20,1962. Grew up in Modesto,a small town in Northern CA.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great we've started thanks Ber!
Old 08-14-2005, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

Someone once was mistakenly saying that James was from Southern California. he corrected them and said he was from northern California and he yelled out "You stole our water!!!" (He was joking but it's a sore point because southern california is a desert and relies on bringing down water from the north).
Old 08-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

James Marsters enjoyed kissing Sarah
Old 08-14-2005, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyandspike4ever
James Marsters enjoyed kissing Sarah
Yes and once he bit her!
Old 08-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Graduated from Davis High School (in Modesto,CA)
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Um... He's left handed
Old 08-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Had a cat named Zachary.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Cool idea, I don't know anything but, I'm enjoying reading them.

SATC
Old 08-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengaria
Had a cat named Zachary.
Aw didn't he die in 1999?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Yes,and before anyone thinks that a replacement kitten would be just the thing for James,he has said he doesn't want another one.

Scythe,don't add my long-winded stories like the one about the water feud between north and south CA! That's more an ancedote than a James fact!

Movies he has said he likes:Apocalypse Now, Bringing Out the Dead, Three Kings,Die Hard.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw lol but I like that one
Old 08-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ber, how tall is James, 5'10?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Elite Fan

That is a true mystery. Most fan sites call him 5'10". Lots of fans who have met him in person make him a bit shorter. He is definitely somewhere between 5'8" and 5'10" but I'm guessing the thickness of the soles of his shoes has a lot to do with it.

At the Aussie Con he said that he didn't wear lifts while making Angel. He just got as skinny as possible so that we would THINK he was taller. He said "You guys all think Antonio Banderas is tall,don't you? The crowd said "Noooo." James shook his head,laughed and said "I'm screwed!!"