Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2018, 08:59 PM
Moderator Manager

1x08 "Ghost Stories" Episode Discussion (July 19, 2018)

Tandy and Melissa prepare to commemorate the 8th anniversary of Nathan’s passing with their annual memorial tradition. When Tandy gets a key piece of information regarding her father,
she uses this day to try and finally clear her father’s name. Meanwhile, Tyrone’s parents prefer not to mark the day Billy passed, but Tyrone’s need to keep Billy’s memory alive causes conflict among the three.
Deciding today is the day he gets a confession out of Det. Connors, Tyrone goes to Det. O’Reilly for help.

In the new Marvel series, Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph) is Cloak, a superhero endowed with the powers of teleportation and intangibility, with a link to the 'Darkforce dimension'.
Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) is Dagger, who can create 'daggers of light', heal people and purge addictions. Although the pair are from very different backgrounds,
they'll have to find some common ground to get the best out of their newfound powers.

A FEW REMINDERS:

► Respect each others opinions.
► Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
► No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
► Have fun!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread!
Old 07-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank you for the thread!

Baby Ty and Tandy! I like that Nathan kept the tv on to teach Tandy to deal with distractions. I could have used that training "Play ballet." All these past family moments are so bittersweet!

Aww cutie cop likes making girlfriend pancakes that's adorable. And I suddenly worry about his safety.

AHHH WHATSHISFACE was visiting Ivan! So there is a safety deposit box with answers! How convenient Ivan is understandably scared of Roxxon and what they could do to Mina and him.

It's the anniversary of two big and important deaths We finally see Tandy's mom again! No mention of Greg. Kind of a big plot hole, show! TANDY AT TY'S HOUSE!! So Tandy DOES know Ty's mom works for Roxxon and she was able to swipe her badge.

Baby Tandy was a pickpocket too!

Connors is onto Ty. He had a photo drawn up of him

I like all of Ty's dad's friends coming over with their beads and such! So colorful! Ty's dad with Billy's cloak

Baby Ty holding Tandy's ballet slipper! Be cuter! Was that Evita's aunt? I think so!

Oh snap Ty made a shirt look like it had bloody bullet holes in it! Even with queen detectives warnings he has no interest in staying low! Really interesting that Connors remembers the anniversary date so well.

Ty's interactions with cutie cop are pretty fun He has an interesting plan to make Connors think he's Billy's ghost. WAIT HE WANTS TO SHOW THEM HIS POWERS!

Baby Tandy came home to her mom being passed out

Both Ty and Tandy are going IN on their personal enemies! They've really come a long way with their powers wow! But while Ty is just doing an amazing job messing with Connors....I have no idea what Tandy's plan is

This is such a big step! Queen Detective knows about Ty's powers and is even pretending not to see him so Connors freaks out more! Amazing! Ooooh snap theory got him on film confessing! I hope this finally means some justice Seems too easy.

Tandy is really just showing all the evidence she has. Is that smart? He knows exactly who she is now.

Queen Detective mentioned a Misty? I'm guessing that's someone! I like how she's not that amazed by Ty's powers because she's from New York and has seen it before SERIOUSLY I'M WORRIED ABOUT CUTIE COP!

Tyrone meeting Tandy's mom! They just got so much closer meeting each other's families Oh wait wow. They were both holding her mom's hands and poofed to Tandy's old front door They're in a fear/memory thing NOOOOOOOOOOOO oh no. It's soooo freaking sad to find out a parent isn't as wonderful as you thought Now Tandy wants the money instead Which she has a good hiding place for.

Another stunning episode music wise!

I KNEW CUTIE COP WAS SCREWED!
Old 07-19-2018, 08:21 PM
Website Manager

I think Tandy's identity might have been numbered once the Roxxon guy spotted her outside the hospital room as I think she recognized him from the flat tire thing. Sucks that she decided to take the money instead of justice but I can understand where she's coming from... Though at the very least he's got to be curious about the weapon she was using... though he might not have realized it came from her. So is she done perusing Roxxon? What will she do with her powers now? Same with Tyrone now that Conners is in jail.

So Tandy's dad was abusive towards her mom? Maybe that's part of the reason she ended up on those pills to begin with.

Will Tandy and Tyrone help Misty with stuff? Will she ask for help?

-- Tandy did mention Greg to the Roxxon guy when she confronted him.

-- Basically I'm wondering what they will do now that their own personal stuff seems to be dealt with.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Total Fan

Considering there's still two episodes left I'm not sure this is the last we've seen of Connors and his mysterious uncle. And I may have read somewhere that the Roxxon hitwoman was going to show up again.

After what Tandy found out about her dad I kinda wish Ivan would adopt her now.

Misty Knight is a cop on Luke Cage with a robot arm. She's the one that cop who referenced Brigid/C&D was talking to when she said "O'Reilly moved to New Orleans". It's cool how Cloak & Dagger and Luke Cage have both referenced each other now.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:09 PM
Website Manager

I wonder if Conners arranged for the other cop to be killed... I mean he was in the precinct when they were having their moment, so he would have known that she cared for him. Wonder if they will sent the hit woman after Tandy? I mean they already paid her the money, so I don't see it... Ivan maybe but he's keeping quiet. I guess they could send her after Tyrone's mom if they thought she gave Tandy the card to get into Roxxon, pretty sure companies like that keep track of who's swipe card was used to get in.

Is the mysterious uncle the chief from the first episode? You'd think he'd know even people undercover... then again maybe there's multiple police stations and he didn't know everyone...

Well O'Reilly doesn't know about Tandy's power yet unless Tyrone mentioned it off screen. Would be nice to have them all working together on the same page.

I'm glad the stuff they learned in Ivan's mind transferred to the real world so well, Tandy throwing her daggers and Tyrone teleporting at will.

Quote:
Tandy is really just showing all the evidence she has. Is that smart? He knows exactly who she is now.
I'm wondering if she ended up turning it in for the money, if she made a copy of it (the documents anyway) or how that worked. But yeah, he knows who she is now, though I think he might have looked into that and found out on his own eventually having seen her at the hospital and outside his house. It's quite a coincidence.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow that ending was surprising. Why was he killed and not O'Reilly? Or was it a message for O'Reilly to mind her own business?

I liked the flashbacks we got of young Tandy & Tyrone. And it was nice to see them meet each other's families.

So great to see a close-up of Tyrone's cloak and he did a lot of teleporting in this ep with Conners. I'm glad he's in jail, serves him right.

So Ivan didn't remember everything but he was still a help for Tandy somehow. They really have to find more leads and connections to Roxxon. Maybe Tyrone's mom can help since she works for them? Also surprising to find out that Tandy's dad was abusive to her mother thus the reason why they aren't together. Maybe he's a good father but not a good husband.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Website Manager

Yeah, maybe the abuse was recent... or Tandy was in bed or not home when most of it was going on if she can't remember ever seeing it before.

Quote:
Maybe Tyrone's mom can help since she works for them?
Perhaps... if Tyrone and/or Tandy tell her... I mean Tandy swiped her access pass to Roxxon the night Tandy held that guy hostage, so if it comes back on her I imagine she'll want to know why it was taken.

Then again... Was Greg's body left at the scene, covered up by someone or what? No mention of him from O'Reilly or Tandy's mom. Does she just think he left? Either way his office would be suspicious with the fire.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm just getting around to watching this now! Life should slow down a bit from now on. Busy stuff over with.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
Perhaps... if Tyrone and/or Tandy tell her... I mean Tandy swiped her access pass to Roxxon the night Tandy held that guy hostage, so if it comes back on her I imagine she'll want to know why it was taken.

Then again... Was Greg's body left at the scene, covered up by someone or what? No mention of him from O'Reilly or Tandy's mom. Does she just think he left? Either way his office would be suspicious with the fire.
Oh yeah, OMG, I forgot about Tandy getting his mom's ID badge.

And that too. What ever happened to Greg? Did O'Reilly maybe cover that up or was it just buried under the rubble of the many unsolved 'cases'?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It seemed to be buried under the rubble hoenstly. Greg was mentioned in passing, but that's about it
Old 07-24-2018, 10:13 AM
Website Manager

I doubt O'Reilly covered it up. We'd have probably seen a scene with Tandy talking to her about Roxxon if that was the case. I mean it could still happen, but yeah... I mean it looks like his body was left to burn there in the fire, but it also looks like there wasn't that much damage to the office when Tandy came back to get the files. So I don't know if they had moved the body or left it there. You'd think O'Reilly would know that Greg was hanging out at Tandy's mom's place though if she was aware of the case.

With two episodes left it'll be interesting what happens to make them fight something together.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

So Tandy will be pushing everyone away in the next episode??

{taek su mi sun}

Last edited by fall into your smile; 07-24-2018 at 10:35 PM
Old 07-24-2018, 05:39 PM
Website Manager

No idea. She's come a long ways in the short time we've seen her. Tyrone kept his distance at the end but was nearby after she seen the truth. I'm sure they'll find a way to touch at some point.

You'd think Roxxon would have cameras showing Tandy using her powers even if she did cut the alarm. Heck in this day and age I wouldn't be surprised if the docks where Tyrone was teleporting around had them... Not that any of this would be a big shocker in a world invaded by aliens and inhumans/powered people running around.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

My DVR says she's in a downward spiral and lashing out at everyone.

{taek su mi sun}