Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Willow or Illyria: Who do you think is stronger?

In Buffy and Angel, we've seen that Willow is capable of dragging the world into hell, without the help of the Acathla demon, and of casting a spell that gives all the potential slayers "the power". We've seen that Illyria has been capable of altering the flow of time, and even without this ablility she's still pretty powerful. Who do you suppose is the more powerful, and how much good do you think they can do together if they're on the same side?
lightcousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Banned

Re: Willow or Illyria: Who do you think is stronger?

Quote:
Originally posted by lightcousin
In Buffy and Angel, we've seen that Willow is capable of dragging the world into hell, without the help of the Acathla demon, and of casting a spell that gives all the potential slayers "the power". We've seen that Illyria has been capable of altering the flow of time, and even without this ablility she's still pretty powerful. Who do you suppose is the more powerful, and how much good do you think they can do together if they're on the same side?

Willow is more powerful. If Wes was able to make Illyria less powerful, then Willow is more powerful,
AuntEverest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Banned

Illyria.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Total Fan

Before "Time Bomb", of course is Illyria.
But after I have to say Willow now Illyria is weak.

But I love both !

Livejournal
Fred Pryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't exactly say Illryia is weak now. She is still pretty powerful. Maybe as powerfully strong as Angel? Angel couldn't beat Hamilton either until he drank his blood. She doesn't have the power of slowing down time, but she still has other abilities, a lot of knowledge, and a lot of strength.

As for Willow, if she knew how to control her magic then she would be the most powerful. She'd be more powerful than Buffy. But she doesn't have control of it. Maybe the btvs finale indicated that she now had control, who knows. I don't go by much of what happened in that episode because it seemed a little too easy.
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Magical*~
I wouldn't exactly say Illryia is weak now. She is still pretty powerful. Maybe as powerfully strong as Angel? Angel couldn't beat Hamilton either until he drank his blood. She doesn't have the power of slowing down time, but she still has other abilities, a lot of knowledge, and a lot of strength.

As for Willow, if she knew how to control her magic then she would be the most powerful. She'd be more powerful than Buffy. But she doesn't have control of it. Maybe the btvs finale indicated that she now had control, who knows. I don't go by much of what happened in that episode because it seemed a little too easy.

I think Willow has learned to control her magic.

The Slayers, like Illyria, are physically stronger than Willow. But she is more powerful. And through magic, she can do the same as Illyria. But I doubt that Illyria has the ability or power to change the Slayer line, as Willow did in "Chosen".
AuntEverest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AuntEverest
I never saw that she was in complete control of her powers. The only scene that we had indicating that she had control was in "Chosen" and that was very sudden. I think if the show had gone on longer she still would have struggled to control the power. Thats the point about power, you have to continuously control it, respect it, and deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by AuntEverest

The Slayers, like Illyria, are physically stronger than Willow. But she is more powerful. And through magic, she can do the same as Illyria.
I agree Willow, by using magic, can be as physically strong as Buffy, the SITs, and Illyria. We saw that when she was on a magic trick in the end of season 6 that she could go up against Buffy and win. But I don't believe she has complete control of the magic. As a result and until she gets control and confidence of it, she will not be the most powerful.
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoda-Mira
Illyria.
I agree I think Illyria is def stronger than willow.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Illyria would have been tougher in ancient times. I don't know about when she returned. But definitely after her powers were reduced in Time Bomb she'd be weaker than Willow.

But they're both pains anyway.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Illyria is stronger than Willow because she has complete control over her powers , she's had them for thousands of years and she knows how to use them.
Willow on the other hand has power but has no idea of how to control it and therefore is afraid of using it so she holds back.
Illyria would totally kick Willow's ass in fight , before or after Time Bomb.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:55 AM
Absolute Fan

That's tough. But I'm going to go with Illyria.

I just can't believe you're leaving over three words I couldn't say last night.
*Sweetie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I think both are strong in their own ways.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:09 PM
New Fan

ehhhhhhh hard to say.
Willow is in her own way a "goddess" now. Illyria was made weak because her shell was too weak to handle the power. Much like Glory, but she just went insane and not all blowing up.
Willow is the stronger as of "current". I wish there would have been a season 6, 1st episode being the slayers joining the battle, and Willow restoring Illyrias power.
Now THAT would be badass (I think)
XxXDark GoddessXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Total Fan

It's a tough choice but I think Illyria may be slightly stronger.

They each have their own individual strengths though. Willow could definately be more powerful if she could control her powers and be able to use them without turning evil. She was super strong in S6 and could even kick Buffy's ass.

Illyria was capable of altering time. She had amazing strength, even after Wes weakened her.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think, at her true power, Illyria would be the more powerful. I don't think any mortal, no matter how powerful, could stand toe-to-toe with an Old One. We have no idea what the limits of Illyria's power were.

After "Time Bomb" Willow would definately be the more powerful. She held her own against faux-Cordy (even though Cordy's possessor wasn't at full strength, she was a PTB-like being and therefore an equal to an Old One), had the power and intelligence to end the world (remember, Willow was never beaten - she chose to stop) and change a 3,000 yr old spell controlling the Slayer-line.

Of course, Illyria has millions of years of knowledge at her disposal and there is no reason she can't direct the power she has left into magic, but I'd still give Willow the edge - if she was prepared and in the proper mind-set.
dagff5tvfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread