Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Glory vs Buffy vs Willow vs Illyria vs Faith

Someone made a thread about who was stronger between Willow and Illyria, and I thought that was hard. But how would you rate this five on who is strongest? Or who would win in a fight?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Glory and Illyria were both gods. So strength-wise, I expect they would always defeat the others. But G and I are naive in many ways, so I would think Buffy, Willow or Faith might be able to outsmart them...especially if they worked together.
Berengaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

For me I think it would be

I said in the other thread, Willow was the strongest but now that I think about it and I read up on it Illyria is the strongest out of all of them. Illyria is God to a God - can't really beat that. But I completely agree with how the three of them of could defeat them.

1. Illyria
2. Glory
3. Willow
4. Buffy
5. Faith
6. Anya <- I am adding that because I totally forgot her.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well Ilyria in her disempowered forum could probably destroy all of them. However Ilyria and Glory were both in watered down states of their true power. We could only imagine how powerful they could have been if they were in therir own dimensions and given free reign. Ilyria was a god to the gods, while Glory was the scariest hell god in her rulling dimension of hell gods. Surely they would have had more power then Willow who while she was a powerful being even accomplished something god-like couldn't have compared. Let alone Slayers Buffy and Faith who would have been insignificant at best.

Willow while she was unstoppable during her reign of terror had to constantly stop and refuel herself with even more magic to stay ahead. She would go threw massive power outages and had to keep on either stealing or taking more power be it from other warlocks, books, ect. So Willow was limited in her magic.

Buffy and Faith couldn't have competed with Willow let alone. The hell gods. Faith couldn't compete with The Beast or even Angelus and was bested by Buffy on multiple occassions. Faith wouldn't have had a chance and I doubt Buffy would have faired much better. While I would say she is seemingly a more resouceful and better fighter she simply could not out brawn Glory in her diminished state, so I doubt she could take Ilyeria and Buffy also at best could only out manuever Willow not beat her.

Perhaps if Buffy was linked with the First Slayer like in "Primeval" then maybe we could see a more equal battle. But not in regualr Slayer state.

I would add Anya and Amy on the same level as Willow more or less. In general they all had notable magic powers which could have caused a hell alot of damage. Anya even had a slight invulnerability to her.
Sin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I remembered that Anya actually in her demon state had magic powers and she was a very strong fighter. In Selfless she and Buffy had a strong fight.

I used to believe Buffy was the strongest person in the world, but yeah no. Like I dont know - it just seemed yeah.

And Amy was def. strong, very strong through her magic.

Gosh all these powerful women, haha. Good Job Joss!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Well, if Illyria and Glory were at full power, I'd say one of them is without a doubt the most powerful, but neither of them is at full strength when we see them, Illyria because Fred's human body can't contain all of Illyria's power and Illyria's therefore being kept at less than full power, and Glory because her powers have been reduced and she has to share her body with a human. Even then, though, they're still stronger than even most other super-strong people in the Buffyverse; Glory can beat Buffy up in a straight fight, for instance. So I think they could still overpower the slayers, even in their weakened states. But Willow could probably kick their asses if she really tried - after all, she had enough power to end the world and remake the entire slayer line. So with Glory and Illyria in their lesser states, I'd order them:

1. Willow
2. Illyria/Glory
3. Buffy
4. Faith

But if Willow, Faith, or Buffy were to encounter Old One Illyria or Hell God Glory, I don't think even Willow could overpower them. I have no idea who would win in a Glory/Illyria fight with both of them at full strength though.

I also would add that my ranking of Buffy ahead of Faith isn't set in stone. I think either one of them is capable of beating on the other, depending on the day. But Buffy uses quite a bit of ingenuity and strategy in her fighting style, so I'd have to give her the edge.

God, I feel like such a nerd, now.
that a broken heart is blind
~*Echo*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, good post!

I have always thought Buffy was the strongest person ever in the world, even when I had watched both series. Gosh is the slayer, but I was SO wrong. In my list it was Illyria and Glory in their FULL form, but in their lessened form I agree with Willow totally beating their butts.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1.Glory
2.Illyria
3.Buffy
4.Willow
5.Faith
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Loyal Fan

1. Illyria (in her more powerful form)
2. Willow (at the end of the series)
3. Glory
4. Buffy and Faith (tie)
Old 03-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

illyria was king and an axe full swung at her head didnt even scratch her.. so shes tougher than glory, who got hurt by the troll hammer.

so..

1) Illyria without a doubt. even in her watered down state she can still make a powerful punch. look at her punch that warlock's head into dust over wesleys dead body. the final fight in angel. spike,angel,gunn struggle on a couple of regular vamps and demons. they face the senior partners full wrath, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say Illyria does most of the work.
2) Buffy (defeated glory so that proves enough)
3)Faith (May not have shined as much as buffy but she still has the speed,strength and other abilities that buffy has)
3)Glory (a god...)
4)Willow (Drains her mana so that is a weakness in this witch.)
Old 08-16-2008, 07:15 PM
New Fan

I think it would be

1.Illyria you saw the episodes so I dont have to explain, even depowered she shattered the warlocks head. Iv also Read that she gets her alter time power back in Angel after the fall.

2. Glory Shes a god but I think the self loving thing might make Glory a weaker Prey to a god of god like illyria but she is the hell god so She is way up their with Illyria.

3.Willow, Even buffy said this girl is more powerful then she is and you saw willow good and evil what she could do.

4.Faith, Im sorry I have to give this one to Faith. For one She coulda Beaten Angelous if she wanted to way faster than Buffy coulda. She even said it herself She dosnt wanna release her inner self because she feared she was going kill angel instead of helping so yep, The beaste demon could only be destroy by its self, Trust me if Faith could lay punches on it neither would buffy. and If you read the comics now Faith has more of a purpose now than Buffy shes helping other slayers who are following the same path she went through which clearly is a purpose, shes not just leading this big army of slayers shes actually doing something that barley she came back from. so in my book it beats buffy.

5.Buffy we seen her moves alot, and As time went on it seems shes been slacking off and just is blah. Even she dosnt know what to do with herself now and days, sure she saved the world plenty of times and did so much, but she came first so thats like a cheating head start for the other slayers lol. But buffy is really strong sad to say a little stronger than Faith but now and days it seems like Faith has more of a inner strength.

6.Anya Oh hell yea, Especially as a vengence demon hell even when she wasnt a V demon she kicked butt but I think if we really give her a fair go and if she had her powers and used it for good she would so be alive right now.

7. Amy we seen what this witch can do and if you read the comics you would know more shes gaining lots of power and soon maybe she might be a hassel for willow.

8. Tara someone we cannot forget she is a great witch but I think shes the softest out of all these competitors.
JackBeNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

1) Illyria
2) Glory
3) Willow
4) Buffy and Faith, they were always about evenly matched... Buffy more experienced, Faith crazier...
5) Anya... Giles beat her at full power...

Last edited by lunas_borednow; 08-17-2008 at 01:37 PM
lunas_borednow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think Buffy would win in a fight over Faith, just as we saw in Graduation Day Part One. But a lot of stuff has gone on since then, so it would be interesting. But I think Buffy has the strength, skill and knowledge to win. Also the heart.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 PM
New Fan

ooh, interesting thread...

For me, its gotta be Illyria, Willow, Glory, Buffy, Faith.

But I think Buffy and Faith are pretty close, except Buffy always seemed the more resourceful fighter in terms of intuition and using her environment to her advantage.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1. Illyria
2. Willow
3. Glory
4. Buffy
5. Faith
Reply   Post New Thread