Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion: 3x14: "Couplet"

Airing on Tuesday 8/10/04 at 5pm eastern time on tnt.

Angel
Couplet
60 mins.

Exacerbating the tension caused by the office's two latest couplings, Cordy asks Angel to help her achieve the next level of intimacy with Groosalugg (Mark Lutz). Meanwhile, Fred and Gunn discuss the new wrinkle in their relationship and track an alleged cheating fiancé, whom they promptly lose during a brief make-out session. Wesley: Alexis Denisof. Anita: Fanshen Cox. Lionel: Steven Hack

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

COUPLET
The Good;
A not so subtle tale of Angel drawing away from CC, funny but nothing really special UNTIL the final scene with Wes' revelation changing what had been a lightweight ep utterly.
The Bad;
Tree demon looks stupid
Best line:
Angel; "Life is short, ok not mine but most peoples"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cordy's tatt; 10
Cheap Angel; 9 quite the reverse, he's very generous to CC
Fang Gang in bondage: Gunn and Fred trapped by the tree roots. So is the guy chained to the wall at the brothel but he doesn't want to be released. Or judged.
Cordy: 5
Angel: 11
Wes: 6
Gunn; 4
Lorne; 3
Fred; 2

Fang gang knocked out:
Cordy: 11
Angel: 14
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 3
Kills: 1 demon for Gunn and one for Groo
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 39 vamps, 55 and 1/2 demons, 7 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 12 demons+3 vamps, 2 humans
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 8 vamps+ 9 demons.
Groo; 1 demon
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2
Gunn; 1
Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 8

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed;
8;
Total number of Angel Investigations: add Groo to the mix
7, Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn, Fred, Lorne and Groo

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 11
Wes; 1
Packing heat;
Wes; 5
Doyle; 1
Angel; 1
Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: once again CC drawn to someone with a demon essence
Cordy: 3 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis
Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies
Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky:
CC on the Groo "RRRRrrrrrrr", likes his (admittedly formidable) muscles. CC wants to know if they can 'com without actually shukking'? (Second base?) She plans to rip the Groo's shirt off later, shouldn't she let him get his strength back first? Angel in a brothel not for the first time or I dare say not the last, seems a fun place for all. Gunn refers to voodoo booty rituals but he might be making that up.
Captain Subtext;
Groo and CC and Fred and Gunn pair up leaving Angel and Wes to wander around like a gay couple. Angel objects to Groo 'handling his weapons' which is nothing to CC asking him to help her have sex with Groo. She also states that 'No women is going to tempt you' which he doesn't take as a compliment. The Madam thinks he and the Groo are a gay couple, Groo mentioning 'his princess'. Poor Wes wonders that Fred thinks of him as a brother.
Know the face, different character; 4
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
Questions and observations;
Who wants to bet me that it was Numfar that did the 'Dance of Revolution'? AI still take the occasional paying case in order to fund Connor's college tuition (and presumably CC's holiday). Much in the same way as Buffy seems to increasingly rely on Dawn for her emotional needs as she slowly parts with Riley, Angel seems to get over CC by concentrating his affections on Connor whilst Wes throws himself into his work. Personally I love the Groo and I'm glad to have him on the show. CC refers to her cousin, we know she has no sister but is she an only child? Did you notice that the woman the demon grabs in the park looks the spitting image of Cordy (maybe her stand-in/stunt double?)
Marks out of 10; 7/10, good fun and you really feel for Angel and Wes
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Angel's jealousy over Groo was so funny but sad at the same time. The way he had to watch in the shadows as Groo saved the day I felt soooo sorry for him. But aww when he gave Cordy some money he had saved up and wants her to take a couple of weeks away. At least he realises he's not too alone now he has Connor to focus on. I felt even more sorry for Wesley. I liked how he told Gunn to just make sure Fred is taken care of and then just throws himself onto his work. Ooh the ending, he's deciphered the prophecy, the father kills the son...that does not sound good.

Wasn't overly loving this episode really. It was a bit much with Cordy asking Angel to help her have sex with Groo.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

After this ATS gets dark.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Not a problem in itself
Old 03-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

https://buffy.fandom.com/wiki/Couplet
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Not a problem in itself
It is if it makes the show unpleasant to watch, which it did in season 4 and late season 3 (from about when Connor comes back).
Old 03-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was a fun episode.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread