Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Episode discussion 3x12 : "Provider"

Thursday, August 5th @ 5pm(ET)
"Provider" TV-14-LV, CC
Fred solves a puzzle for a group of demons who literally want to buy her brain; Angel is hired to clean out a vampire nest by a man who can't afford to pay for Angel's services; Wes and Gunn help a woman whose dead boyfriend is stalking her.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Total Fan

I love this episode because Wesley was already in love with Fred, so he was looking at her with a silly look. So cute. And then when one of the demons says Fred was his girlfriend he was all embarassed. It's so cute. Fred with baby Connor in her arms is also cute.

And the end with Angel/Cordy and Baby Connor in the bed is really sweet.

Livejournal
Fred Pryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

yeah u can tell Gunn was in love with her as well when he and wes were looking at fred with baby connor. I was a huge gunn/fred fan back then still think there adorable. But i was watching the outtakes in the angel season 3 dvd and the part when she solves the puzzle or whatever for those demons, the actors in the demon outfits do a dance and amy turns around and starts laughing its really hilarious.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Total Fan

Yes, this outtakes are hilarious...

But I still prefer the ones with David make tickles in Alexis or the ones with the muses where they said "Ohhhh Angel" and David answers : "I'm right here baby !". He is so goofy !!!

Livejournal
Old 08-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Pryce
the muses where they said "Ohhhh Angel" and David answers : "I'm right here baby !"
I haven't seen that one, but David is so amusing. I love it when he dances. That one blooper where he does his superman thing is so funny.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Total Fan

Oh yes... I already watched this and is really funny too...

I never know that David is so silly !!!

Livejournal
Old 11-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Over halfway point

PROVIDER
The Good;
Some great comedy and some excellent action, great payoff in the end (literally)
The Bad;
Not bad, just lightweight. Don't like the way they can't just come out and say 'gay lover' for Sam Ryan's friend. Wes and Gunn seem to take an awful lot of trouble defeating Brian.
Best line:
Justine (about the ice-pick through her hand) "Feeling something is better than feeling nothing" That girl has some SERIOUS damage deep inside and I'm not talking tissue.
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
See above
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Inverting the Hollywood cliche; the hero who is out for money
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cordy's tatt; 10
Cheap Angel; the whole thing 8. Ironically CC who'd always been so mercenary now doesn't care about the money. Although she thinks that $50,000 is way up there on the list of cool things in the world.
Fang Gang in bondage: Lorne and Fred tied up
Cordy: 5
Angel: 11
Wes: 6
Gunn; 3
Lorne; 3
Fred; 1

Fang gang knocked out: Lorne
Cordy: 11
Angel: 14
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 3
Kills: Angel kills 7 vamps whilst Gunn and Wes take a demon each
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 39 vamps, 52 and 1/2 demons, 7 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 11 demons+3 vamps, 2 humans
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 8 vamps+ 8 demons.
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2
Gunn; 1
Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 8

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed;
8;
Total number of Angel Investigations:
5, Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn and Fred

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 11
Wes; 1
Packing heat;
Wes; 5
Doyle; 1
Angel; 1
Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 3 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis
Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies
Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky:
Allie misses the sex from her dead boyfriend and seems to be open to necrophilia. In a dark scene in an otherwise lightweight ep Justine and Holtz play some serious S&M games. Tying your hair in pigtails and having your boyfriend play the stern headmaster is one thing, sticking icepicks through the hand and consenting not to take it out as a trust exercise quite another! Brian seems to think that Allie is dating both Gunn and Wes at the same time. Fred thinks they want her to marry the Prince
Captain Subtext;
The Wes/Gunn/Fred love triangle becomes apparent. Obvious gay subtext between Sam Ryan and his 'friend'. He also notices that Angel is quaffed. Lorne says he never knew the demons intimately. CC and Angel lying on the bed with Connor together at the end, a perfect little family.
Know the face, different character; 3
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
Questions and observations;
Obvious Monty Python gag. Angel comments that 'We may have to incorporate' which is what they do in season 5. Eric Bruskotter who plays Brian was in one of my favourite shows Tour of Duty, you can also see him in Starship Troopers, Hamburger Hill and Crimson Tide. Jeffery Dean Morgan as well as appearing in Supernatural and Watchmen was in my favourite erotic thriller ever, Undercover Heat (which I'm sure he's taken off his CV). He's also another Buffy/Angel alumni who turns up in Eliza Dushku's series Tru Calling in the gambling ep.
Angel's arrival is very Batman.
Marks out of 10; 7/10, fun comedy ep
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

What a cute episode. Not like the team didn't have to deal with a lot before, but taking on more jobs at the same time as having a baby around, and trying to continue the work of the powers that be, Cordy was right, they were stretching themselves way too thin. Totally understand Angel needing the money to care for Connor and for his future, though. I knew those demons were up to something when they wanted Fred's brain. Bless Cordy for having to go save Lorne and Fred on her own whilst taking Connor with her whilst Angel, Wesley and Gunn were busy on other jobs. I loved how she talked to Connor. The Zombie ex boyfriend was hilarious. I love how it turned out his girlfriend killed him and then decides to make up with him. Wesley and Gunn's reaction was priceless. I don't think they were expecting that job to go down the way it did. I love how Gunn also seems to be falling for Fred like Wesley.

The ending scene was so cute!
Old 02-12-2024, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good fun episode. Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character was clearly meant to be gay. One complaint, the woman who killed her boyfriend, that would not have been given such a light treatment had the genders been reversed.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was not surprised that Fred solved that riddle for Lorne. Loved the ending too it was so sweet with baby Connor.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Connor was quite likeable as a baby, less so as a teenager.