Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Episode discussion 3x09 "Lullaby"

Monday, August 2nd @ 5pm(ET)
"Lullaby" TV-PG-LV, CC
As Darla goes through a difficult labor, Holtz pursues Angel.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

I didn't get to watch this episode at all!! ugh! This is the one where Darla stakes herself so Connor can come, right? I so loved that scene. I might have to pull my dvds out and watch this episode because i'm reminded of how much I loved it.

ETA: duh, I just read in the other thread that this ep isn't coming on until Monday. So yay I didn't miss it today!
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved this episode. I remember when almost everyone in Season 2 was wanting Darla to get staked. Then Lullaby happened and people started to really feel for this character, including me. Darla is one of the lucky ones that left the show in a phenomenal way.

Connor: I think I'm losing my mind.
Avery: Dude, your'e starting to freak me out.
Connor: How do you think I feel?
-Angel Spotlight: Connor
angry little lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

"Lullaby" was one of the best episodes they ever made, on a par with some of the best "Forever Knight" episodes. After this, they should have immediately brought back Darla as a ghost and had her work on bringing Drusilla over to the good guys. If anyone could have reached Dru, Darla could have. It would have been an interesting companion piece to Spike's quest to regain his soul.
lightcousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

I love this episode I liked the ending when Fred and Angel were there when Darla was giving birth to Connor. And Fred wrapped angel's jacket around connor i was like awww

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 10:53 PM
Addicted Fan

I love this episode. Can't wait until Monday. My mother of all people has gotten into this show and I've rejoined the obsession.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Extreme Fan

This episode was amazing! The turn at the end, with Darla staking herself was unbelievable. I just started watching Angel during the third season, so I wasn't ready for the big shockers the show is so great about producing. So my mouth was hung open at the end.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

LULLABY

The Good;
All of it, pretty damn brilliant, especially love Holtz raiding the club. The Lilah and the interpreter scene is also great, no such thing as a minor character on Angel.
Interpreter (horrified); "You highlighted an ancient gushundi text?"
Lilah (defensively); "In yellow"
The Bad;
Even if it's just a stun grenade wouldn't Lilah and Holtz be deafened for hours afterwards? Why can't they just resoul Darla?
Best line:
Sahjahn; "He's using product but he's the same guy"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Darla and Angelus slaughtering Holtz's family is beyond horrible. Holtz's killing his sired daughter is the strongest and most tragic act in the series, your heart just bleeds for him.
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cheap Angel; 7
Fang Gang in bondage: Angel pinned
Cordy: 5
Angel: 12
Wes: 6
Gunn; 3
Lorne; 2

Fang gang knocked out: Wes by Darla
Cordy: 11
Angel: 14
Wes: 6
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 2
Kills:
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 28 vamps, 41 and 1/2 demons, 3 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 7 demons+2 vamp
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 8 vamps+ 6 demons.
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 7

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed; Goodbye Darla, she'll appear again but she's finally dead this time
8;
Total number of Angel Investigations:
5, Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn and Fred

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 11
Wes; 1
Packing heat; Lilah threatens her lackey with her gun. Angel uses the stun grenade (which Holtz is obviously impressed by and uses one later at Caritas) and Wes wishes he had a shotgun.
Wes; 4
Doyle; 1
Angel; 1
Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 3 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis
Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies
Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky:
Way to much going on for that
Captain Subtext;
Or that.
Know the face, different character; 4
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
Questions and observations;
Holtz is one pretty damn tough guy to take on WR&H's commando team. Note Angel doesn't even try to tell Holtz he has a soul, he knows he'd be wasting his time. Goodbye Caritas, after this Lorne won't bother trying to rebuild again.
The end of the Angel/Darla relationship and it's EPIC! And hello Connor (for good or ill).
Marks out of 10; 9/10
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh wow wow wow this episode was amazing!

I was absolutely not expecting Darla to make the ultimate sacrifice in staking herself in order to protect her and Angel's baby. It was interesting to see how the baby's soul seeped into her as if she had gained a soul herself. I liked how she was worried that once the baby comes out she would no longer feel a soul and thus would have nothing to give to her child. That final moment with Angel and Darla was so bittersweet. They did so many evil, horrible things together, so much pain and destruction and I like how Darla says that the baby is the only good thing they'll ever have bought to the world. The way Angel immediately gave Fred his jacket as she stopped with them in the rain was so sweet.

I wasn't expecting that Holtz's daughter was left alive after Angelus and Darla had killed her mother. They only turned her. Holtz didn't take it lightly that he felt the only thing to was to kill his own daughter once he realised she had been turned. It was sad, and awful, but understandable. It's interesting how he doesn't kill Angel when he sees Angel with the baby, but maybe he sees another way of hurting him. He'll be after his son now.

Poor Lorne. Only just got his club rebuilt only to have it been blown to smithereens again. I can't imagine him wanting to rebuild it yet again. I liked how he knew as soon as Holtz started to sing, that they needed to run.
Reply   Post New Thread