Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Angel episode Discussion: "Dead End"

Tuesday, August 17th @ 11pm(ET)
"Dead End" TV-14-LV, CC
Wolfram and Hart arranges for Lindsey to get a new hand, but when it turns out to be evil, Angel helps him investigate the firms source of body parts.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 05:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked how at the end there seemed to be hope for Lindsey's redemption, and I was kind of disappointed how they handled his character the last season, though I thought it was fun seeing Lindsey and Eve as "partners in crime". It would have been interesting to have seen Lindsey's reaction to Connor.
lightcousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:40 AM
Banned

Just when you think that Lindsay might be a certain way he pulls a flip. Quitting the firm and moving away. It was sad to see leave. He was a great character. Things would have been very different if he was there through everything.

The last scene with Angel and the truck was hilarious.
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

A great episode, some brilliant scenes and a lovely song!
Old 11-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

I loved this episode when lindsey sings he has such a great voice.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

DEAD END
The Good;
Well if you like gross horror concepts this one's for you! A very nice end to the Lindsey story arc (for now) and some good humour about corporations and how they work. Very clever scene where we see around Lindsey's apartment with all the little features showing his life with 1 hand.
The Bad;
When Lindsey shoots up the boardroom where the heck are WR+H's crack security team who always seem to turn up on every other occasion?
Best line:
Lindsey "Stop it evil hand!"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Eye stabbing anyone? Or living organ donors? Plus Angel garrotting the parole officer.
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Damsel in distress; 18
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cordy's tattoo;
Her green top shows it to great advantage so 6
Cheap Angel;
Fang Gang in bondage:
Cordy: 5
Angel: 9
Wes: 4
Gunn; 1

Fang gang knocked out:
Cordy: 10
Angel: 12
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Kills:
Cordy: 5 vamps, 1½ demons
Angel; 26 vamps, 32 and 1/2 demons, 3 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 2 demon
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 7 vamps+ 2 demons.
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 6

Characters killed: Lindsey's donor
Recurring characters killed;
5;
Total number of Angel Investigations:
4, Angel, Cordy, Wes and Gunn

Angel Investigations shot: Angel by the parole officer.
Angel: 11
Wes; 1
Packing heat;
Wes; 3
Doyle; 1
Angel; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 2 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast
Angel: 1;Buffy
Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky:
Of course this being LA even the organ donors are insanely pretty. Lindsey pinches Lilah on the way out, well you would, wouldn't you?
Captain Subtext;
Angel seems to yearn for the parole officers 'butterfat'? (Yuck!)
Know the face, different character; 2
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, Master, Anne, Harmony, Willow
Questions and observations;
Once again Wes and Angel subtly compete for leadership. Love Wes delegating Angel to help Cordy. Lilah suffers a death of the thousand cuts, constantly humiliated by Lindsey, treated as a secretary by Lindsey's client. No offence to Christian Kane but I really don't think he's that good as a singer. Kate is sorely missed by AI who now have to pay an outside contractor. Poor Cordy, the visions really starting to take their toll. Interestingly Angel warns Lindsey to never come back and Lindsey warns Angel never to play WR&H's game. NEITHER listens to each other's advice.
Marks out of 10; 8/10 great stuff and the last we'll see off Lindsey for 3 whole seasons.
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

This episode was incredible.

It's also one of many reasons to hate season 5, which goes out of its way to undo the brilliant handling of Lindsey's redemption in this episode.

Two highlights of the episode:

Cordelia is on such good terms with Angel again that he has already reverted to being her Guardian 'Angel' - for example. in the first scene where she has the painful vision that literally causes her to fall back onto the floor and he crouches down, cradling her and the part where he nervously admits that he bought her so many sandwiches because he couldn't remember what she liked. ADORABLE. You can see the light come back in the eyes at that point, realizing how much she's missed their friendship.

Lindsey and Angel's true understanding and acceptance of each other. This had been a long time coming, but it obviously didn't happen sooner due to many issues: Lindsey choosing to stay with W&H in season one, threatening to burn the manuscript that would force Cordelia into a comatose state and then falling in love with Darla + all the drama that came in the love triangle with Angel.

You can feel Christian and David's real-life friendship shine through in this episode. That scene where they sound like school-boys: "He's MY lead! He's MY lead" + when Angel watches Lindsey tearfully turn off the life support of the amputated man whose 'evil' hand was sewn on to him. Then of course, their banter and tenderness in the final scene where Lindsey leaves (supposedly for good) --

The key to Wolfram & Hart: Don't let them make you play their game. You gotta make them play yours.

^ How on earth can any viewer support Lindsey's regression in season 5 after listening to these genuine words of advice of his to Angel?

This is Lindsey at his best. He has seen the company for the evil it aspires to and he hates being a part of it. He is truthfully advising Angel on how to deal with their going forward.

The Lindsey of 'Dead End' would NOT be the one to try and make Angel 'play a game' and this is why season 5 will always remain in my bad books.

If this had been Lindsey's final exit, I would have been happy. Not because I wanted him to leave (in fact I was devastated because he was a layered character who always sat on the fence between good and evil and I LOVED his love for Darla), but because Lindsey is his true self in this episode.

This is how I like to remember him. Not the mess that he became in season 5.

5 out of 5 rating, easily.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Great episode! Wow, that was nasty, that seemingly happy father stabbing himself. Poor Cordy, she could feel and see everything that happened. I love how Angel held her.

I love how different Angel is now. It's so sweet to see him smiling more and even cracking more sarcastic jokes but laughing at them too. It's so cute. I especially loved how he smiled when Cordy tells him she loves him after he bought her lots of different food 'cause he didn't know what to get her.

I knew something would have been amiss with Wolfram and Hart giving Lindsay a new hand. I'm glad Lindsay was given somewhat of a redemption. I could see in his eyes he had a conscious in there somewhere and he hates being a part of the evil that Wolfram and Hart have taken, especially after discovering where his new hand came from. I wasn't much of a fan of Lindsay's character, especially after he made the poor decision to take up on the offer of promotion earlier in S1. But he wasn't all out evil and that made him at least interesting. I had no idea he had such a great singing voice though! I love how Cordy, Wesley and Gunn were marvelling at his voice and Angel made jokes about how awful he was. I liked how Lindsay offered Angel the advice of not letting Wolfram and Hart play their game and instead get them to play his. That was truly nice and sincere of him.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Unfortunately everything good about this episode was reversed in season 5.
Old 02-02-2024, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved Lindsays lines about the evil hand And the last scene of that episode was so fun!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread